Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totally agree, doesn't surprise me 1 bit.

Hasselbeck has also given us problems in the past. This could very well be a trap game, with us coming off a huge win, hopefully they aren't too cocky and lose sight of what's important now.
    thankfully this happened to us early and to a team like Tennessee that likely won't be in the playoff hunt.

thoughts on the game -

Why did we go with LeVoir > Gurode to replace Grubbs? Surprised our o-line struggled that much and how much did the absence of Grubbs factor into that ???

I saw the same problems that plagued us last year. Our defensive backfield getting bullied around and our WR's not getting separation.
    Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 09-18-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Hey ya'll! Just wanted to say good game yesterday.

Hope ya'll aren't making to big of a deal after the loss. While it definitely looks like the Titans caught ya'll sleeping, you shouldn't think you lost to a bad team. My prediction for the Titans this year was 8-8, and I think the J'Ville loss was an aberration - the Titans couldn't execute to save their lives, the defense was without their top two DE's (which is huge for a Cover 2) and the Jags even had the ball for nearly 40 minutes - and they still only won 16-14 at home. The offense has an elite RB, finally an elite WR, an elite pass-blocking OL, and Hasselbeck will surprise a lot of people this year. He won't be the same QB that was in Seattle - he's was QB'ing a team with no RB, no WR's, and no OL then. It's a very potent group, and it's nearly impossibly to defend both CJ and Britt at the same time. The defense is pretty blue-collar, but it's more stout up front, the LB's are more aggressive, and the coverages are very complex, especially with how they're using Finnegan now, and new DC Jerry Gray is a better coordinator than Chuck Cecil was. I think both sides have improved, and this was a team that started 5-3 last year before Britt and VY missed chunks of time with injuries. The Titans and Ravens always play each other close too, so anyone who thought this should've been an easy win was illinformed.

So I think not only was there a little overlooking the Titans, but also underestimating them. And the Titans were the opposite, since ya'lls game vs the Steelers is basically our version of us vs you. You knocked us out of the playoffs three years ago, and it's our first rematch since then. It's very possible the Titans have a letdown against the Broncos next week.

Not to mention, ya'lls injuries. Missing a 1st RD pick in Jimmy Smith and a solid CB in Chris Carr, and while I don't think either would have helped that much more against Britt, they sure would've helped against Washington, who had nearly 100 yards receiving. Improved secondary means improved pass-rush too. And ya'll had the run basically stuffed all game. Plus, Ben Grubbs was missed since one of our DT's had a sack and two FF's. I mean, the Titans were missing some guys in starting SS Chris Hope, #3 WR Damian Williams, and #3 DE William Hayes, but we had depth at those spots so it wasn't as crippling.

So yeah, ya'll will recover from this. There are many ways to rationalize this loss, and ya'll still have the win over Pittsburgh under your belts, and I think there's a much better chance ya'll do better vs the rest of ya'lls division than Pitt does.

Anyway, hope ya'll don't mind me stopping by and giving my input. Good luck on the rest of the year, especially against the AFC South and Pittsburgh!
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Carr wouldn't have helped on Britt since he never (or rarely) would have lined up against him, but Smith definitely would have made a difference. I don;t think there's any disagreement that he's our best corner, even at this stage in his career, and physically he's about as good of a match-up on big receivers as you can get.

With that said I don't know how much he would have helped overall since Hasselback was really on his game that day and Britt wasn't the only receiver that hurt us. Moving Williams or Webb onto the others wouldn't have changed much IMO. Our offense/the Titans defense was what killed us.

Comment

• great move by the FO, paid Ngata generously. I was going to get ready to go on a rant on how we should be paying our best players accordingly and the Ravens did just that. Hopefully this motivates guys like Jimmy Smith, Pernell McPhee, Terrence Cody, Michael Oher etc.

Comment

• Harbs has considered benching Fox cause of his knee. We need Smith back ASAP. and Carr too.

Comment

• Scott has us taking a MLB in his mock as an eventual successor to Lewis (Manti Te'o to be exact). Not saying this is the route we will go in the draft but assuming that it is: Who would you want out of the top three (Burfict, Te'o, Kuechly)?

I myself would prefer Burfict if he's still around, could see him slipping due to character concerns and being a classic Ozzie pick up.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
              BK sig is straight sex
              THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
              Baltimore Ravens
              Cleveland Cavaliers
              Cleveland Indians
              Chelsea FC
              Originally posted by keylime_5
              Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

• if Burfict fell to us..... oh dear lord.. YES

Comment

• Are you kidding me? Could Torrey Smith have a bigger coming out party! What a way to start a career. 1st quarter - 115 yards and 2 TDs.

My bad...3rd catch went for an 18 yard TD too.
                  Last edited by America; 09-25-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• great to see that from Torrey, he needed that more than anyone. But can we please FIRE CAM CAMERON?!?! Great win and all, but we should have ran the ball more, taken Flacco out with 10 mins left in the 4th and why were we passing so much late in the game?

Some of this falls on Harbaugh as well, gatta question his decisions.

Glad we rested Foxworth, Grubbs and Evans. It's going to be a ROUGH game next week vs. the Jets and I'm hoping we will have Grubbs back for that 1.

Comment

• We threw the ball way too much on 3rd, 4th and short. Other then that I liked Flacco going deep a lot. Once Evans get back being healthy him and Torrey Smith are 2 legit speedsters

Comment

• what a fail Fox has been.

Anyway who does Revis cover, boldin or Smith? I predict Boldin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          what a fail Fox has been.

I think it will be Boldin as well, but its kind of a lose lose situation whichever one they choose to put him on.
                          "God can have his soul, but his ass belongs to me."
                          -Terrell Suggs on Ben Roethisberger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            what a fail Fox has been.

Should be Boldin. The one thing Cromartie does do well is cover guys who run deep routes and I expect he'll be on Torrey most of the time. I think we'll have to rely on Dickson and Pitta for the passing game Sunday night, which isn't really a bad thing.

Comment

• today just reminded me how much matison held back our defense.

WAR PAGANO!

Comment

• The defense is just so so different. The aggressiveness is just day and night between the 2 DCs. Mattison was just 2 wasted years.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information