Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Pierce has looked pretty decent in all 3 games so far. He's not getting many carries but he's producing with the ones he does get. I'm liking the look of the running game overall so far this year, the new look OL is getting a much more consistent/effective push and the RBs are taking advantage of it.

Comment

• Feels amazing to get that win. Absolutely terrible refs but we won so I can't be too mad. Couple thoughts

-The offense looked bad on those first couple series. We got saved on our third 3 and out by a penalty and then we started rolling in the 2nd quarter. We need more on 1st down so we don't keep ending up in 3rd & 6+.

-Flacco came up big. Not going to be the norm, but 382 yards passing blew me away when I saw it. It took a little time but he got in a groove and had a huge game in a big time match up. I had a lot of confidence in him to put us in a position to win at the end there. Cool that we all are feeling that.

-Rice got 25 touches and produced 150 yards. No matter what we do on offense, we can't forget to keep getting him touches. He is the best weapon we have and him running the ball does wonders to the whole offense.

-As you guys mentioned, Pierce looked good out there. He could really benefit from more carries but its hard not to use Rice. We could be alright for a game or two if Rice had to sit for an injury. Not sure why he was in there for the 4th down play though.

-OL had a great game. Joe had time and they made holes in the running game. Wilfork was mostly handled which is a big deal. 0 sacks given up, although one was called back on a penalty play. I'm still surprised to see Harewood starting, not in a bad way but I thought we were gonna go about 3 different ways.

-Can't be any more proud/happy for Torrey. He didn't have to play that game, and he was the difference. Very proud of the support that he is getting in the community and league wide.

-Jacoby Jones in x-factor on offense. His size and speed is hard to account for as a 3rd WR. Two deep threats changes this offense.

-The defense is going to struggle this year getting pressure. Just blitzing more isn't going to make up for it either. The DBs need to be a strength.

-Ellerbe made plays out there. 1.5 sacks and completely blew up solder on that one play. He earned more reps in that game.

-Cary Williams didn't look great out there, but he is still a good corner. Playing opposite Webb, he is going to get targeted a lot more. Jimmy Smith will creep in some of his playing time, but Webb will still play the nickle when we need it. Webb is just too good there.

Thats all I got for now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Anyone else really impressed with Kelechi Osemele? I honestly thought this guy would not fit at Tackle and would quickly be moved to guard or the bench, but quite honestly, he looks better than Oher.

Comment

• I've been very pleased with K.O. and Oher. I wouldn't say one has been that noticeably better than the other, but they've held up especially well in pass pro which is huge since Flacco isn't the type to extend the play much with his legs. That said, Flacco showed some burst on his lone run, and showed strength, making a throw with a defender draped around his legs. I wouldn't mind Flacco running a bit more when the middle of the field opens, even if it is two or three yards.

Harewood, still a surprise start, looks athletic and lean for a guard, and has fared well in the majority of his snaps in the passing game. He's a work in progress running the ball, but he's been solid. By the way, Birk played infinitely better this game vs. Wilfork, and it helped to chip him with one of the guards before engaging a backer.

Pierce ran with power and had a great stiff arm. Once he's at the edge and makes his cut, he gets upfield with some force behind him. I don't have a problem with him on the 4th down play. Rice wouldn't have been able to make it either. 6'8'' 350 lb. Bryant McKinney didn't touch anyone on that play and was just standing around clueless after it was over. Glad he's benched.

It's unfortunate our best corner is a nickel and is also the best blitzing corner because it'd be nice to blitz Cary Williams instead. His size would cloud passing lanes more and we would have Webb back in coverage. That said, if Williams just played a press technique and jammed the guy at the line he wouldn't be getting abused so much.

Courtney Upshaw has been very solid in replacing Jarrett Johnson. He sets the edge well, has put on some decent pressure and made a great stay-at-home play on the end around. But Kruger has been a big disappointment in my eyes as the RUSH backer. The only pressure he had, he got to Brady and couldn't bring him down. He just gets stonewalled too much, and has no counters. I was really rooting for him and he can still turn it on, but he needs to start making plays if this defense is going to improve.

Jameel McClain has handled his lighter role well in the media but I'm sure he's a little upset about his reduced PT. I like what Pees had him doing as a pass rusher. I prefer him to Kruger actually and Ellerbe has finally emerged from the dog house.

I like working the running game with Rice, but he can't have 25 touches every game though so I wouldn't mind seeing Pierce take some of the carries in this game and get Rice his usual number of catches. We need to run the ball, even if it isn't Ray, and get the play action going from there.

Early look ahead at the draft next year...I'd go almost anywhere on defense - pass rusher, corner, safety, 5 tech, ILB, and then maybe look at an interior lineman if he falls.

Comment

• Oh god. Ngata against Ryan Lilja this week. This is not going to be pretty..

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Lilja is giving up 50 lbs to Ngata. We need Ngata to get some some pressure this week with that matchup.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• The Ravens got a few calls their way today, but I'm not mad about it.

Good game today. Continued health and good luck the rest of the way.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  The Ravens got a few calls their way today, but I'm not mad about it.

Good game today. Continued health and good luck the rest of the way.
                  Best of luck for the Chiefs also. It was a shame to have Cassel wasted such a great game from your defense. Hopefully Quinn can show more for you. I haven't watched much of Charles first hand until now, but damn he is scary. 30 carries is too much but its hard to not want to give him every snap. Best of health.

Comment

• We have got to have one of the most inconsistent offenses in the NFL for the past two years now. Way too many games where they show up looking like they have never played together before.

Comment

• So Suggs could be back as soon as the 21st apparently. I just assumed they would shut him down for the year. Wow if he can come back and be any sort of passrusher we are much better off. I hope they aim for the week after the bye so he gets more time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-november-4/

Comment

• Since it wasn't a full Achilles tear or whatever it was expected he would be back at some point. I don't think they play him quite that soon but definitely by the end of November.

Comment

• yeah we need him badly. Him and JJ were so valuable to this defense with how they set the edge. Upshaw has been solid but Kruger is a situational pass rusher at best IMO. We need Suggs back.

Not to mention, we didn't notch a single sack today either.

Comment

• Or last game. I like what we've seen from Upshaw and I don't think Johnson would have helped a whole lot so far but they miss Suggs like no other.

Comment

• Wow, Webb with a likely torn ACL. Shame. Its going to suck without him. Wish him the best in recovery.

IDK how we are 5-1 with the way the defense has played.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                                Wow, Webb with a likely torn ACL. Shame. Its going to suck without him. Wish him the best in recovery.

IDK how we are 5-1 with the way the defense has played.

Hate to say it, but it looks like our once storied defenses are starting to fall apart. We both have the pieces, but are so dependent on a few guys that it's hard to rebuild what they brought.

Our whole division is down this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information