Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    Ummm.....I think he'll do.

    Sorry, I didn't mean Gaither's replacement, I meant Oher's replacement. I know Yanda can kick out to RT, but that isn't his natural position. I'd much rather us keep Gaither, finding his replacement, or an RT would be too much of a headache.

    He's 23 years old 6-9, 330 and only getting better, why not keep him?

    Comment


    • #17
      What is this I hear about Gaither having work ethic issues? I read that on the Baltimore Sun website. I've never heard that about him before.

      Comment


      • #18
        I don't see how. He seems to play hard every game he plays in.
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

        John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          What is this I hear about Gaither having work ethic issues? I read that on the Baltimore Sun website. I've never heard that about him before.
          I've never seen questions raised about it before either, but I think he was a tad lazy at Maryland. He might not be "intense," but the guy still plays hard.

          Comment


          • #20
            according to Adam Schefter, the Ravens are still attempting to re-sign Derrick Mason.

            I think it's a great idea.

            and according to Aaron Wilson, Marlin Jackson has Baltimore Ravens headquarters without a deal.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
              according to Adam Schefter, the Ravens are still attempting to re-sign Derrick Mason.

              I think it's a great idea.

              and according to Aaron Wilson, Marlin Jackson has Baltimore Ravens headquarters without a deal.
              I agree, I think resigning Mason should be a higher priority. Without him, the Anquan move doesn't make as much of an impact since there still is no other receiver on the roster close to being a legit threat. I think we need to target the d-line in the first round and look for the WR depth in the second. There are lots of speed guys to be had there.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by America View Post
                I agree, I think resigning Mason should be a higher priority. Without him, the Anquan move doesn't make as much of an impact since there still is no other receiver on the roster close to being a legit threat. I think we need to target the d-line in the first round and look for the WR depth in the second. There are lots of speed guys to be had there.
                I agree completely.

                I want the Ravens to also re-sign Dwan Edwards. Denver just signed Jarvis Green, so thats 1 less team interested in him. He left Seattle without an offer and I haven't heard of any other teams interested in him. I think re-signing Edwards and Mason would be two solid moves to close out the first week of FA.

                Mason gives us a threat opposite of Boldin and Edwards fills the need at DE, which would also allow us to go BPA in the draft.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Bannan signed a 5 year 22 million dollar deal. WTF.

                  That will probably inflate re-signed Edwards to around that price also

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Well actually it will lower the price for Edwards because he has gone into Seattle and Denver and left with no contract he is going to come back to us at a discount because obviously they don't feel he can improve their teams much beyond what they have (spinal fusion surgery didn't help that)

                    I think if we have a shot at a Price or a Pierre in the 1st we should jump on it and take a corner in the 2nd. Or move down into the 2nd all together and pick up a 1st next year and 2nd this year...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      like Brian Price? Im not sure where he would fit on our team. Hes a pure 4-3 UT, he has no place in the 3-4. Im a huge fan of his and I have him as my #3 DT in the draft and a Top 20 selection, Im just not sure where he plays as a Raven in our 3-4 sets. He is not known for taking on blocks and eating up space like a 5 tech should, hes more of a 1 gap penetrator.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I predict we move to a pure 43 in the next couple of seasons so maybe we pick him up

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          like Brian Price? Im not sure where he would fit on our team. Hes a pure 4-3 UT, he has no place in the 3-4. Im a huge fan of his and I have him as my #3 DT in the draft and a Top 20 selection, Im just not sure where he plays as a Raven in our 3-4 sets. He is not known for taking on blocks and eating up space like a 5 tech should, hes more of a 1 gap penetrator.
                          I think we are moving to a 4-3 base defense. In most of the passing situations last season we used some variation of a 4-man line without a lot of blitzing, so getting a true UT would help this team immensely.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Well as of right now, in 4-3 sets Trevor Pryce can slide inside to UT. Its his natural position anyways, and I think he has at least 2 seasons left in him, especially playing next to Ngata in 4-3 sets. Not sure, but I would like to see us address CB in round 1, and I think going to a pure 4-3 is a mistake. We have the personel built for a 3-4, Mattison is just a moron.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              Mattison is just a moron.

                              That sums it up, he is an under qualified(1 season in the NFL b4 being the DC) old fart, using a college D that worked because he could virtually pick any prospect in the nation at Florida. He is pissing away all of the talent on this team, I know the CBs get **** for being bad but they still managed a top 5 pass D w/ a pass rush that cant touch a QB.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Well as of right now, in 4-3 sets Trevor Pryce can slide inside to UT. Its his natural position anyways, and I think he has at least 2 seasons left in him, especially playing next to Ngata in 4-3 sets. Not sure, but I would like to see us address CB in round 1, and I think going to a pure 4-3 is a mistake. We have the personel built for a 3-4, Mattison is just a moron.
                                There's a reason Dwan Edwards started over Pryce last season, he doesn't have the stamina to sustain his play anymore. I really don't think he has two seasons left either, his contract ends after this one and I doubt he'd want to keep going.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information