Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webb being hurt is just heart breaking. Same with our defense getting ran all over. It's good to get a win but next week will be a beat down

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
      Hate to say it, but it looks like our once storied defenses are starting to fall apart. We both have the pieces, but are so dependent on a few guys that it's hard to rebuild what they brought.

Our whole division is down this year.
      yeah Harrison still looks like a solid pass rusher though, but watching Jared Cook burn him on that final drive showed that he isn't what he used to be.

I wouldn't say age is what is killing the Ravens though, sure Ray and Ed are up there but the rest of the unit is under 30. (except for Kemo and Suggs)

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with the defense. Were JJ and Suggs THAT good at setting the edge? It can't all be Dean Peas' fault? Someone shed some light on this for me!

edit - just read that Ray Lewis is also feared to have torn his triceps. ****

Comment

• Its gotta be a mixture of suggs and peas. but i almost cried when i heard that injury report. PPL like to gang up on Ray but he is still by far the best ILB we have.

Comment

• yeah, if he is indeed out for the year, any chance he plays next year? Or does he retire?

Also, I hope Asa Jackson will start to see some playing time with Webb now gone.

So bummed out right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
            yeah Harrison still looks like a solid pass rusher though, but watching Jared Cook burn him on that final drive showed that he isn't what he used to be.

I wouldn't say age is what is killing the Ravens though, sure Ray and Ed are up there but the rest of the unit is under 30. (except for Kemo and Suggs)

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with the defense. Were JJ and Suggs THAT good at setting the edge? It can't all be Dean Peas' fault? Someone shed some light on this for me!

edit - just read that Ray Lewis is also feared to have torn his triceps. ****
            I'm more worried about the way teams are gashing the defense up the middle more so than on the outside. It's pretty embarrassing that they can't seem to adjust unless they totally sellout against the run like they did in the second half against Kansas City.

Comment

• Dean Pees may be worse then Greg Mattison, if that is entirely possible.

This offense has to step up! Its a MUST! We have to consistently score 30+ from here on out because we have NO margin of error on defense. We've become Green Bay East.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• BigDawg is right, anything close to Mattison makes me want to puke and Peas is on his level. How come harbs cant see it just open up a play book from Rex or Chuck laying around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  BigDawg is right, anything close to Mattison makes me want to puke and Peas is on his level. How come harbs cant see it just open up a play book from Rex or Chuck laying around.
                  If it were only that simple.............

The team severely undervalued Jarrett Johnson's contributions to this run defense and the loss of Suggs coupled with the total lack of a pass rush is crippling. Now no Webb its only going to get worse.

If we don't score as an offense frankly its going to be an ugly season. We need to enjoy 5-1 while we can because the joy may be fleeting.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz
                    Cant see our offense keeping up in a shootout. Not with the way Flacco plays on the road.
                    I understand the pessimism about the D right now but you seriously are expecting a shootout versus a the with the #1 ranked defense and a Byron Leftwich-led offense?

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      I understand the pessimism about the D right now but you seriously are expecting a shootout versus a the with the #1 ranked defense and a Byron Leftwich-led offense?
                      Who will be the starting CB opposite Cary Williams now that Jimmy Smith looks to be out this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                        Who will be the starting CB opposite Cary Williams now that Jimmy Smith looks to be out this week?
                        Graham would be the #2 if Smith is out and Brown would come in as the #3.

I wouldn't look too much into the Johnson signing though. It seems like they aren't comfortable with Jackson's progress thus far so they just wanted somebody more experienced in case another CB goes down with injury. With that said I don't think Johnson plays much after being signed so recently and the Ravens rarely use 4 CB sets anyways.

Comment

• Jimmy Smith Has Groin Surgery

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-09eccf6c8316

Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith had surgery Thursday morning on his injured groin, adding more pain to Baltimore’s already hurting secondary.

Smith is expected to be back by the end of the season, according to Ravens Senior Vice President of Public & Community Relations Kevin Byrne.
                          Sigh... I guess it's better that he has the surgery now instead of trying to play through it.

Comment

• JOE FLACCCCOOOO (said in a weird Rich Eisen tone). Seriously a disappointing season somehow despite the wins. I don't like watching this defense. I miss the days when ever yard gained against Ray Ray and company was a painful attack on my health. I haven't felt any anxiety since the Patriots game. Where is the toughness?

Comment

• Tripod Taylor!

Comment

• We should all pretend that game didn't happen last night. At least arthur brown looks good. He will get comparisons to a young Ray Lewis but realistically I think he can be a Navarro bowman level linebacker

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information