This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    We should all pretend that game didn't happen last night. At least arthur brown looks good. He will get comparisons to a young Ray Lewis but realistically I think he can be a Navarro bowman level linebacker
    There are many analysts who consider Bowman to be the best ILB in the league regardless of scheme so that's a lofty comparison for A. Brown right now. Playing outside in college, he compared to Lavonte David who had an incredible rookie year. I think that level of impact may be too much to expect as well, especially because David plays weakside in the 4-3, but it would not shock me if he put together a very solid year in the middle. That being said, I think Bynes is putting up a fight and won't relinquish his starting spot easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
      There are many analysts who consider Bowman to be the best ILB in the league regardless of scheme so that's a lofty comparison for A. Brown right now. Playing outside in college, he compared to Lavonte David who had an incredible rookie year. I think that level of impact may be too much to expect as well, especially because David plays weakside in the 4-3, but it would not shock me if he put together a very solid year in the middle. That being said, I think Bynes is putting up a fight and won't relinquish his starting spot easily.
      Brown didn't play OLB at Kansas State, he was their MLB. I'm not sure what to expect from him this year except good play. He should have plenty of opportunities to make plays. I think Brown will be starting with Smith. Bynes will still rotate in but the best talent and combination of starters is Brown and Smith.

Comment

• yea if you consider Bowman the best ILB that maybe a stretch. What I meant was a guy who plays weakside LB in a 34 but can still make plays in the backfield stay in for passing downs, can cover TEs and RBs etc. I think he really does have pro bowl potential though

Comment

• we brought Tandon Doss back. That right there shows we are in a tight spot. Also all this we should have kept boldin is going to be annyoing for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Losing Pitta hurt way more than losing Boldin. I think we would have been fine with Torrey, Jacoby and Pitta as our top 3 options. Losing Pitta and Jones really puts us in a bad spot. Not the best but it would have worked. The guys like Stokely would be used sparingly on 3rd downs. As it sits now we are kinda ******. Doss should help but Torrey is the only receiver we can count on and he is easily negated with safety help. Dickson hopefully can get more focused with his hands.

I am worried but it is still way to early to give up. It was Mannings day and we felt it. He is just too good with that many weapons. Webb only gave up like 1 catch but Manning can move guys and target anywhere. The defense will play better with some communication work.

We need to establish a better run game. We all know Flacco shouldn't be putting up even 50+ attempts, especially with the receivers we now have. We need to return to our run gave and lean heavily on it. I felt like we tried to get our OL moving too much and the DL would just shoot the gaps. We should be able to get some power down with this OL.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• I actually don't think Doss was re-signed because he's a receiver, but because he can be a returner. The team knows they can't have Pierce or Webb out there returning and Doss is familiar with the team and can contribute right away. Maybe he sees some time as the 4th receiver while Jones and Thompson are hurt but probably not much more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mellette activated as seeing playing time over Doss either, in fact I expect it.

Comment

• I think against the Browns we will dress Smith/Brown/Stokely/Doss, IDK if we will dress 5 WR since we only had 4 against the Broncoes. This was why I wanted David Reed as our designated special teamer instead of Laquan Williams and that random LB we cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                  Losing Pitta hurt way more than losing Boldin. I think we would have been fine with Torrey, Jacoby and Pitta as our top 3 options. Losing Pitta and Jones really puts us in a bad spot. Not the best but it would have worked. The guys like Stokely would be used sparingly on 3rd downs. As it sits now we are kinda ******. Doss should help but Torrey is the only receiver we can count on and he is easily negated with safety help. Dickson hopefully can get more focused with his hands.

I agree with this. Our WR played well against the Broncos. Smith/ and Brown played well and Jacoby did have 3 catches in a little under a half. I hope Clark and Dickson get it together, or Thompson comes in and produces in the slot. We need someone to take the shorter routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    I think against the Browns we will dress Smith/Brown/Stokely/Doss, IDK if we will dress 5 WR since we only had 4 against the Broncoes. This was why I wanted David Reed as our designated special teamer instead of Laquan Williams and that random LB we cut.
                    Williams could return kicks and punts too. Both he and Reed are versatile special teams players. Not particularly good returners but decent enough to get by and they're really solid gunners.

Depends who they decide to deactivate for the Browns game. Jacoby Jones, Arthur Jones, Ryan Jensen, Deonte Thompson, and Brandon Williams are probably out due to health. That leaves two more and I doubt they only take four receivers again after getting burned by it against the broncos. Especially if Doss is going to be a returner.

On a side note it's nice that there really aren't any guys on the roster that you can say are definitely going to be deactivated because they're just not worth playing. The depth on this team is great. Just have to work out some of the new kinks (and get some guys healthy).

Comment

• First of all, this 'we shouldn't have cut Boldin' crap is even starting to annoy me. Fans can be frustrated seeing their team not performing and questioning the decisions from our front office, but when I see and hear the so-called experts questioning the move, it annoys me. They should know better.

Besides that, show me a team, where they can lose their #2 #3 #4 pass catcher and still brag about their depth? What if Broncos lost Thomas, Welker and Decker? I am not comparing ability but roles on the team here. The position where we had the least experience is also where the injury bug hit the hardest, that happens sometimes, but it doesn't mean the earth is falling or that we should panic and trade for a new wideout who had to come in with no preparation and try and find chemistry with Flacco.

Therefor im not entirely happy, but comfortable with us bringing back Doss, as we know what he can contribute with, bith as a returner/special teamer and as a pass catcher.

If I should be concerned about one thing, its the poor poor play we saw from Huff. A veteran shouldn't make those mistakes or take such bad angles as he did. The same could be said about Ihedigbo for some parts.

Comment

• Good game yesterday, gentlemen.

Man, what has happened to Ray Rice? He's looked maxed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                          Good game yesterday, gentlemen.

Man, what has happened to Ray Rice? He's looked maxed out.
                          Both he and Pierce have suffered greatly from the terrible interior run blocking this season. It's mostly Gradkowski but Osemele has been bad too and Yanda is a bit off. Rice looks about the same as he has the past couple of seasons, there's just nothing there for him. Pierce is more of a big play threat but the line can't keep defenders out of the backfield long enough for him to find a crease and explode through it. This is an incredibly frustrating situation to watch.

If I were an opposing defensive coordinator I'd honestly blitz at Gradkowski in any passing situation. That's how Hawk had 3 sacks. If Rice or Pierce is in there blocking that's not much of a deterrent either.

Comment

• I just think Rice is done. He used to always break first attempt at tackle and burst ahead. Now he does down softly. It sucks to see cuz I actually like him.

I guess done is a strong word. More like not what he used to be.

Comment

• Right, that's what I meant by Rice has looked the same as the last couple of years. He can still be productive but the blocking needs to be there. If Rice is ever going to get back to what he was I think he needs to slim down quite a bit. After Baltimore gave him a new contract he added bulk but it hasn't helped at all.

Comment

• time to rename this here forum, sad to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information