Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youboty would be a perfect toss-in from my standpoint. I feel like Reggie Corner regressed as the year went on, but I wasn't even sure why we re-signed Youboty. He's so frail and there are 6 other corners that could make the roster, with our top 3 being a very good group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      Id rather have Tebow then Brohm or Edwards
      I would rather have Kyle Boller...The Bills have some great talent and it's a shame there front office refuses to draft a QB.

With Gaither, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, and Bell all returning they are going to become a physical run blocking team. They have one of the deepest back depth in the NFL. C.J. Spiller is the next coming of Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch are both solid running backs.

They should be able to run the ball. Problem is who's going to throw?

They added some solid defensive players Andra Davis and our very own Dwan Edwards will help them transition into a 3-4. ANd Jairyus Byrd should rightfully be ROY. The talents there...They just continue to set themsleves back by not selecting a franchise QB.

Comment

• I don't know if I would say that not drafting a QB has been a continual problem. Yes, JP Losman was not a top QB prospect but we made a move with expectations for him to be our franchise QB. That ended earlier than expected with Edwards entering the picture under the new regime, and I don't think you could really say there was a year where it seemed like QB was a top need (most people felt Edwards had last year to prove himself) before this past draft.
        Last edited by SuperMcGee; 05-08-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          I don't know if I would say that not drafting a QB has been a continual problem. Yes, JP Losman was not a top QB prospect but we made a move with expectattions for him to be our franchise QB. That ended earlier than expected with Edwards entering the picture under the new regime, and I don't think you could really say there was a year where it seemed like QB was a top need (most people felt Edwards had last year to prove himself) before this past draft.
          I just look at Trent Edwards statistics and want to vommit...Has he ever had a game in which he threw for more then 2 TD's or a pass attempted over 50 yards?

Comment

• Trust me, I know the feeling as well as anybody. But you had to give him a chance going into last year, assuming we would draft a dominant tackle or pass rusher (Maybin could be).

This year, he's the last guy I want to see starting from the group.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
              Don't forget that 2nd could very well end up #33
              Still doesn't help us right now, we will be worse if we trade Gaither and just get a pick. I trust that we'll spend that pick well, but that's still a move that won't help us until after this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenMadness View Post
                There is no way that the Ravens have the top tackle tandem in the NFL. The Titans, Saints, Broncos, and Jets all have the Ravens beat in that department.
                Really?

I really think the Ravens have a better tackle tandem then all of those teams, especially the Saints. Gaither played like a top 5 tackle in the league and while Oher was just a rookie played amazing and is only going to get better. None of those teams you listed have a legit argument of better tackles then Baltimore.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• yeah, I don't know what that guys talking about.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Ferguson and Woody.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Barron and Jason Smith

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Clady and Polumbus as well.

Tennessee has a solid argument though. Roos and Stewart are studs but I don't even know why he mentioned New Orleans, he must have been thinking of there guards.
                  Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 05-08-2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                    yeah, I don't know what that guys talking about.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Ferguson and Woody.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Barron and Jason Smith

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Clady and Polumbus as well.

Tennessee has a solid argument though. Roos and Stewart are studs but I don't even know why he mentioned New Orleans, he must have been thinking of there guards.

In 2009 Gaither allowed 5 sacks, 4 holding penalties, and 3 false starts.
                    In 2009 Oher allowed 8 sacks, 0 holding penalties, and 6 false starts.

The Jets tackle tandem alone only allowed 10 sacks in between them. Add onto the fact that they were the #1 rushing team. You have to take the Jets over us right now...Let's not be bias here.

I didn't mention the rams...

The Broncos Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris are arguably the best pass protecting combo in the game....I don't know how many sacks they allowed in 2009 but in 2008 they set some sort of record for pass protecting. I don't think Clady allowed a sack and I think Harris only allowed 2.

Polumbus is the backup dude.

And the best offensive line overall in the game has to be the Titans. Superior pass protectors and mauling run blockers, Titans are spoiled because they are by far the best offensive line.

The Saints with Jammal Brown and Jonathan Stinchcomb are better then Oher and Gaither...Come on people are we really this bias.

Sure, we have a great competitive team...But to say the Ravens have a top 3 tackle duo is a huge overstatement... Their good, but not that good.

Comment

• Gaither not on the field again.

and it sounds like Dickson is doing real well at TE.

Comment

• Davon Drew supposedly did very well in last years mini-camp as well. IMO these things don't mean anything, training camp is the real deal. Apparently Gaither has an injury to his foot and he's getting an MRI this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                          Davon Drew supposedly did very well in last years mini-camp as well. IMO these things don't mean anything, training camp is the real deal. Apparently Gaither has an injury to his foot and he's getting an MRI this week.
                          Must of stubbed his toe in anticipation of moving to Buffalo

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I think our FO is starting to frown away from trading Gaither. I think that's why they are moving him to RT. That way, if they do keep him, they will try and pay him RT money.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                              I think our FO is starting to frown away from trading Gaither. I think that's why they are moving him to RT. That way, if they do keep him, they will try and pay him RT money.
                              Any agent can argue that his age and experience warrant him more money. The Ravens aren't going to pay him, thus are getting something of value for him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I still can't get over you guys thinking we have a top 5 tackle tandem...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information