Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derrick Mason officially resigns for 2 years. Waiting on the deal specifications, but its on Twitter. Great signing.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

yeah I got a text from BR.com, I agree, Boldin and Mason both may be possession WR's, but it's still have plus having them both.

Comment

they are possesion WR but they are damn good ones, Mason should have a great season against #2 CBs. I love it!!!!!

Comment

I don't like it unless we get another starter to push Mason to the slot. Now yes Anquan is a huge upgrade over Mason and Mason is an upgrade over Clayton, BUT we've had 2 possesion WRs for the past 5 years, you need a solid field stretching big WR and we don't have that.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I see that not being a problem because Q had to be the possession guy in Arizona because of Fitzgerald. I think he is going to surprise us and Stallworth will be that change of pace guy along with Clayton. PLus I think that is where we are going to upgrade in the draft and find a speed guy that can go deep.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              I don't like it unless we get another starter to push Mason to the slot. Now yes Anquan is a huge upgrade over Mason and Mason is an upgrade over Clayton, BUT we've had 2 possesion WRs for the past 5 years, you need a solid field stretching big WR and we don't have that.
              I was going to post that I agree with this but when I thought about it a little more I came up with this. Last year Mason **** on everyone and when he was doubled no one else could get open. When they double Boldin they aren't going to be able to double Mason as well. I think we are going to be ok. I am just happy we did something about it.
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I honestly don't trust Stallworth to be a reliable player. Im not 100% that he is even gonna make the roster.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                  I honestly don't trust Stallworth to be a reliable player. Im not 100% that he is even gonna make the roster.
                  This is dead on balls accurate.
                  HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I don't agree with anything you guys have said about Stallworth.
                    It's all about the role that he's going to be playing in the Ravens offense. Boldin, Mason, and Rice are all going to get the main attention in the passing game. Stallworth will use his speed to his advantage. He's the fastest WR on the team, and according to the coaching staff, his game is still looking sharp. He's an upgrade from Clayton, and will catch some bombs from Flacco, trust me. He's got reliable hands, and will be targeted deep once the defense gets tired late in the game.
                    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...vs-Saints-2006
                    GO RAVENS

Comment

I agree that his role won't be too much so that is a good thing. At best he could be our 3rd receiver, but most likely he would be our 4th behind Clayton and get in on certain packages and plays.

That video is nice but that clip is from 2006. That is over 3 seasons ago. We honestly have no idea where he is at now. He could very well settle into that #3 spot nicely and give us a real deep threat. At this point though I dont think there is any evidence to say that he is a player we should hang our hat on.

I would really like to add some more talent at WR in the draft but not at the expense of adding better overall talent to the team.

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

He was never anything special, and his last time on the field he was anything but an impact player. He was actually quite the forgettable player. I have no expectations for him at all, and if he makes the team I doubt he males any big plays at all.
                        HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                          He was never anything special, and his last time on the field he was anything but an impact player. He was actually quite the forgettable player. I have no expectations for him at all, and if he makes the team I doubt he males any big plays at all.
                          Pretty much this. It'd be a nice bonus if he were able to make some plays, but if we draft a receiver in the first two rounds he might not make the roster.

Comment

I can't see why Stallworth can't succeed in our offense??

He'll be in the slot when most of the defenses attention will be geared towards Mason and Boldin. He'd likely be one on one with a nickel or safety, and according to the Ravens, he's still got his speed. His addition can't hurt 1 bit, especially since Demetrius Williams wasn't stepping up. I can't see why you two don't like his addition.

Also, Suggs finally shows up for the Ravens offseason conditioning and work out program. According to BR.com, he's in good shape and excited for next year..... AWESOME news. We need him at 100% next year. Our defense is aging and all our younger players need to step it up.

Also, Donte Stallworth was present for the first day of workouts as well and he looked in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                              I can't see why Stallworth can't succeed in our offense??

He'll be in the slot when most of the defenses attention will be geared towards Mason and Boldin. He'd likely be one on one with a nickel or safety, and according to the Ravens, he's still got his speed. His addition can't hurt 1 bit, especially since Demetrius Williams wasn't stepping up. I can't see why you two don't like his addition.

Also, Suggs finally shows up for the Ravens offseason conditioning and work out program. According to BR.com, he's in good shape and excited for next year..... AWESOME news. We need him at 100% next year. Our defense is aging and all our younger players need to step it up.

Also, Donte Stallworth was present for the first day of workouts as well and he looked in great shape.
                              It's not that I didn't like it, I did and do, it's just that we cannot count on him being able to produce or play. Playing on a nickel/dime corner should help him a lot, but being away from football for a year AND having durability issues is anything but assuring. It's also nice to see Suggs for off-season conditioning, I think that could go a long ways for getting him back into the player he was in previous years.

Comment

^ I agree. I love having Stallworth. It is a great signing with low risk/medium reward. I just don't think we can assume that he is gonna be the # 3 receiver. I think they may still use Clayton or draft someone to get it done.

Side note: I want to buy a Clarence Moore jersey, but I know it is a waste of money. :p

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information