This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS - Reed, Nakamura, Hamlin

SS - Landry, Zbikowski(yes, I think Zbi is a SS, along he did play great at FS)

I could def. see five safeties, Hamlin for his experience but if Ed comes back to 100% before the season opener, I can see Hamlin getting chopped off.

I believe we only have him because Reed's recovery will take a while and he's our insurance.

Comment

• good post, also my Zbikowski love maybe blinding me, but does anyone else think he should start at SS over Landry? Zbi showed great coverage skills at FS this year nad he is a natural SS. He will be fine in run support and is better in coverage then Landry. I say we start Zbikowski

Comment

• No, Landry played well in the second half last year (aka when he started to get his feel for the game back after missing most of last season) and I really don't think Zbi would be an upgrade over him. I like him a lot as well, but not enough to have him start over Landry.

Comment

• I'd much rather start Zbikowski. Ive been a huge fan of his his entire career, and hes still one of my favorite picks the Ravens have ever made. Everything Ive read this offseason has suggested that he worked with specific trainers to increase flexibility and fluidity, and I think there is a little bit of John Lynch in him who is my all time favorite NFL player.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I read that also, I read he worked really hard w/ plyometrics, which made him more explosive and all. I was impressed w/ his coverage skills when he subbed in for Reed. He had a INT in every game (2 taken back for penalties, and that one against PIT was a big INT only to be taken away by a BS illegal contact). We all knew he would be a great in box safety it was just his coverage that was his weakness. I think he can be very good. I am not saying I think we are screwed w/ Landry, I just have a man crush on Zbikowski

Comment

• I would rather see Zibby out there aswell, I mean I like Landry and everything but I think its time for Operation Ebony & Ivory to take flight.

Comment

• Honestly, Im a fan of Nakamura as well and have been impressed when hes got legitimate playing time. I think in the future, if Reed gives us a few more years and lets them develop, that Zbikowski and Nakamura could be a legitimate starting tandem.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I would rather see Zibby out there aswell, I mean I like Landry and everything but I think its time for Operation Ebony & Ivory to take flight.

Comment

• Landry is better in run support but Zbikowski is no slouch either.

When it comes to coverage, I'd go with Zbikowski, but again look at Landry's rookie year, he was great in pass coverage as well but I remember a lot of blown plays and mistakes he's made as well...might be time for a replacement? :)

When you look at the defensive backfield as a whole, I too think Zbikowski would be a much better fit, he has been working hard this offseason so let's hope the coaching staff makes it happen!!

Comment

• CB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41769

Comment

• It's been a little dead on this forum...Just out of boredom/curiosity who do you guys have as your sleeper team in 2010 from both the AFC and NFC.

If I had to make a prediction right now it would be

AFC- Tennesse Titans- There is no way Jeff Fischer lets his defense be that horrendous again. They will bounce back and make the playoffs. If Chris johnson repeats as a 2,000 rusher this team will be nasty.

NFC- Atlanta Falcons- Key players returning healthy and the young team has another year of experience. Will make the playoffs over Carolina as a wildcard.

Comment

• AFC - Miami Dolphins

They're not that big of a sleeper but I expect them to make some serious noise and will make a push deep into the playoffs.

NFC - New York Giants

They fought through some injuries and still had a decent season. With their young WR core got a year of experience under their belt. If Brandon Jacobs can step it up, that offense can be very effective. I like Perry Fewell as their DC and think that defense can get back to its old form with Osi and Kenny Phillips coming back from injury.

Also the Falcons but they were already mentioned above.

Comment

• Best K is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41798

Comment

• Bengals are my sleeper team. I still think they'll win the AFC North.

As for the NFC, I'll go with either the Falcons or Giants as well.

Don't overlook teams like San Fran or Seattle either.

The Lions are my major dark-horse. I LOVE what they've done the past two years. Stafford's legit (in my mind), C.J. is a top 5 WR, Best will give them a much needed spark on offense. Defensively, they're young, talented and improving.

If they weren't in such a tough division, they would possibly contend for a winning record.
                              Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• I think the Lions are 2-3 years away, but it does look like they are on the right track

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information