Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think about Philadelphia and there interest in Troy Smith?

I say, if we can get a 6th, go for it.

With the addition of Bulger and presence of Beck, getting any draft pick for him is worth it.

Second option is - keep him because of his value as the QB of the "Suggs Package"

what do you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
      what do you guys think about Philadelphia and there interest in Troy Smith?

I say, if we can get a 6th, go for it.

With the addition of Bulger and presence of Beck, getting any draft pick for him is worth it.

Second option is - keep him because of his value as the QB of the "Suggs Package"

what do you guys think?
      How is there value for that? We don't use that package. Its gimmicky and serious offenses don't use gimmicky packages. They are meant for struggling offenses that need a spark, not something that should be a concern for our offense. Frankly I see Troy being in the same boat as DWill was last year in being in the dog house so the only option is to trade him. There is no spot on this team for a Troy Smith.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I agree trade him for the best offer we can get. Flacco is our man, send smith for w/e we can get.

Comment

• How is Cincy a "sleeper" if they had just won the division the year before? Not sure if I follow you on that one.

BTW: A little knowledge for some of the youngsters on the forum. The last time the Bengals had back to back winning seasons was 1979...With that in mind, the Steelers crumbling, and the Browns-being well the Browns. This division is ours for the taking.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenMadness View Post
            How is Cincy a "sleeper" if they had just won the division the year before? Not sure if I follow you on that one.

BTW: A little knowledge for some of the youngsters on the forum. The last time the Bengals had back to back winning seasons was 1979...With that in mind, the Steelers crumbling, and the Browns-being well the Browns. This division is ours for the taking.
            So I guess going 12-4 in 1981 and 7-2 in the strike shortened 1982 doesn't count?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Ah my mistake...1982...still is nothing to be proud of dude...geez that's a long time...

Comment

Ah my mistake...1982...still is nothing to be proud of dude...geez that's a long time...
                Not saying its a proud accomplishment, but if you're going to make a claim proclaiming knowledge you might want to check your facts.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Ed Reed may be wanting a contract extension which obviously is a great sign.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...new-contract/1

Comment

• I saw that it is a great sign as well. It will be interesting to see the new CBA salary cap and to see how it is set up and see if we can keep everyone around.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Ed Reed may be wanting a contract extension which obviously is a great sign.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...new-contract/1
                      Actually I don't see it as a good sign, I see it as more of a "I need to get paid before the new CBA" sign.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• I think we'll probably end up giving him a deal like Lewis got last year. One that's long enough to ensure he'll retire a Raven. IDK what kind of money he'll be looking for or what the Ravens will be willing to give, but my bet is that he gets an extension w/o much fuss.

Comment

• The money doesn't bother me at all considering thats out of my control. But what does bother me is by all reports that I've seen, he can't commit to any time frame to be 100% healthy for this season and he's playing on a year to year basis. How about get healthy, honor the contract you have already signed, and show a long term commitment to this team then worry about getting a new deal.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                            The money doesn't bother me at all considering thats out of my control. But what does bother me is by all reports that I've seen, he can't commit to any time frame to be 100% healthy for this season and he's playing on a year to year basis. How about get healthy, honor the contract you have already signed, and show a long term commitment to this team then worry about getting a new deal.
                            totally agree here. There's no doubt Reed is an all-time great and still a pro bowl caliber player, but why is he asking for a new contract when he isn't even likely to play next year?

Ray got the deal he wanted because he's committed to play and has shown no sign of near retirement.

bottom line, why give a contract to an aging, injured vet who has no intention of playing more than 2 more years.

Comment

• I'm calling Reeds bluff too there is no way he plays after 2010...

Comment

I'm calling Reeds bluff too there is no way he plays after 2010...
                                If he sits and let's his body recover which it sounds like he wants to do this year, I see him coming back for atleast next year. I know with those types of injuries there's no fully recovering from it, but he can still be a force in the secondary and if we are truly on the verge of something special with this team I am sure he's gonna want to be a part of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information