Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sort of swayed my decision but not completely after what Bmoreblackbyrds said that 5th spot should be for a competing player. Maybe if he isn't signed during the season and somehow the WR production isn't there bring him in?
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• I like that idea, but I also like Reed and Rileys potential, I would rather keep them around as 4 and 5, then bring in TO and have to risk putting one of them on the PS.

Comment

• FWIW I'd rather bring in TO than give a roster spot to Clayton or Williams. At least we know Owens can contribute. I don't think it's likely though, the staff probably wants to keep a young guy or two on the active roster so we actually have a semblance of a future at the position.

Comment

• I would rather cut Clayton and Williams, dont bring in TO and keep Reed and Riley. I think Reed has enough skills to get production as a #4. Also I think Riley has enough athletic ability to be a mismatch for any CB as a #5

Comment

• By far the best video I have ever seen!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDgW6...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              By far the best video I have ever seen!!!

lmao!! I still remember seeing that live, just hoping that NBC would show a replay of that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
              thanks for bringing that back up, hilarious.

Comment

I would rather cut Clayton and Williams, dont bring in TO and keep Reed and Riley. I think Reed has enough skills to get production as a #4. Also I think Riley has enough athletic ability to be a mismatch for any CB as a #5
                I'd rather keep Reed and Riley over Clayton and Williams too. I don't think Riley would really be matched up against #5 CBs (unless the other team had an injury or two) because we don't use 5 WR sets. I'd be surprised if we used too many 4 WR sets this season, rather sticking to Mason, Boldin, and Stallworth while using the TEs more often.

Comment

• That is a good point about 5 WR sets, but keeping Riley and Reed will give us 2 young guys who offer specials teams skills. Something Clayton and Williams dont. Also I think we can all agree that Clayton and Williams will never be productive for us unless something crazy happens. Riley and Reed both could be gunners for us on special teams and have more potential then Williams and Clayton

Comment

By far the best video I have ever seen!!!

Rice is effin awesome....

Comment

That is a good point about 5 WR sets, but keeping Riley and Reed will give us 2 young guys who offer specials teams skills. Something Clayton and Williams dont. Also I think we can all agree that Clayton and Williams will never be productive for us unless something crazy happens. Riley and Reed both could be gunners for us on special teams and have more potential then Williams and Clayton
                      IRC Clayton has spent the offseason working with the special teams units. He hasn't been on special teams because of him being then #2 WR, but now he is free to contribute. Clayton is making this team and rightfully so!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

That is a good point about 5 WR sets, but keeping Riley and Reed will give us 2 young guys who offer specials teams skills. Something Clayton and Williams dont. Also I think we can all agree that Clayton and Williams will never be productive for us unless something crazy happens. Riley and Reed both could be gunners for us on special teams and have more potential then Williams and Clayton
                        Good point about the special-teams value for Riley and Reed, that's something that our staff especially will take into consideration.

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        IRC Clayton has spent the offseason working with the special teams units. He hasn't been on special teams because of him being then #2 WR, but now he is free to contribute. Clayton is making this team and rightfully so!
                        Clayton has been working on his special teams abilities but AFAIK it's only as a returner, which is something Reed already is (and probably better at). Neither he or Reed will be effective gunners IMO, they're just too small.

Comment

• I think Palemere has the KR spot locked up. Maybe Clayton/Reed emerges as a PR. Also out of those 3 WRs Riley offers us potential as a gunner, he was a gunner in college. and w/ his size 6'3 205 and speed 4.3something 40 I think he could be a very good one.

Comment

I think Palemere has the KR spot locked up. Maybe Clayton/Reed emerges as a PR. Also out of those 3 WRs Riley offers us potential as a gunner, he was a gunner in college. and w/ his size 6'3 205 and speed 4.3something 40 I think he could be a very good one.
                            yeah, Parmele was a great replacement for Webb last year, he probably does have the KR locked up.

As for the PR, I want to see someone else besides ******* Chris Carr. David Reed and Clayton and maybe Zbikowski are the front runners for that spot.

I would love to see Riley make the team as a gunner, he's huge and has the experience.

I also agree with you that both Riley and Reed would serve better roles on this team as opposed to Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams.

Comment

• http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...s_for_pup.html

Does the thought of Reed starting the season on PUP scare you guys or do you guys feel safe that we have capable backups in Tom Zbikowski and Haruki Nakamura and maybe Ken Hamlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                                http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...s_for_pup.html

Does the thought of Reed starting the season on PUP scare you guys or do you guys feel safe that we have capable backups in Tom Zbikowski and Haruki Nakamura and maybe Ken Hamlin.
                                I'm very confidant in our depth at the safety position. Last year Zibby filled in nicely when Reed went down and with the return of Nakamura and the addition of Hamlin, I don't feel any reason to be scared. I would rather have Reed against the teams with dominant passing attacks as well as the playoffs, than to start the season and be out on the injured reserve list by week 6.
                                Last edited by trkaline; 07-20-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information