Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Casey Hampton failed the conditioning test a while back. Apparently Cody was running sprints after practice. We will see how it goes but that is a little alarming.

Comment

• Honestly I'm not too worried about it. He's not the first Ravens rookie to fail a training camp conditioning test and I'm sure he won't be the last. This is his first summer training with a NFL team, going by what he started at I wasn't expecting him to be in too good of shape yet. Once he gets through training camp (and I bet he joins soon), he'll be much better off. Not to mention the regular practices that will be starting up after TC is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I know Casey Hampton failed the conditioning test a while back. Apparently Cody was running sprints after practice. We will see how it goes but that is a little alarming.
        Hampton failed multiple times. I believe it was two years ago that Tomlin asked him to come to camp at around 330 lbs. and he only missed it by around 70 lbs.

He had to train separately for about a week and a half while he shed the weight.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Yikes, that is big. But the thing is w/ these big guys they could lose 15 pounds in a hour if they really busted there ass.

Also channel 11 news Jerry Sandusky took the conditioning test and will go through what the players do. Unfourtanetly they are saving it for the news at 11pm

Comment

• The conditioning test was...

25 yard up and back 3 times in under 35 seconds.

do that 6 times w/ a minute and 10 second rest in between.

Cody did 3 runs.

Sandusky did 6 runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              The conditioning test was...

25 yard up and back 3 times in under 35 seconds.

do that 6 times w/ a minute and 10 second rest in between.

Cody did 3 runs.

Sandusky did 6 runs.
              Semantics, Cody's job is to eat up space and offensive linemen. I don't care if he can run 25 yards or not, he'll have to do that what once or twice a year?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                Semantics, Cody's job is to eat up space and offensive linemen. I don't care if he can run 25 yards or not, he'll have to do that what once or twice a year?
                I agree I don't see this as much of a problem, I mean the dude lost mad weight and is getting used to much stricter regulations, he'll be fine.

Comment

• A negative post here -

What's with all these super bowl projections??
                  Offensively - we may have "all the pieces in play" with Boldin, Mason, Stallworth in the pass game and the superstar Ray Rice, but it all rest with Joe Flacco as well as the health of our WR's.
                  My questions is -

If our defense is bad(no Reed, Webb, Washington, Kindle), Can our offense lead this team to victories? CAN they win games with mediocre defense play?

Offenses in my mind that can win games with a poor defense are - Houston, Indy, New England, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota and maybe Dallas.

In my eyes, we aren't of the same level as those offenses.

Comment

• I don't see our defense being bad at all. I think we will be a top 5-8 defense in the league and have a productive offense. I don't think we are an explosive offense but I believe we can put up the points to win games. I am not worried about our secondary as much as a lot of other people because I believe we are good enough with the injuries to make it to the playoffs and if Webb/Washington/Reed are all healthy and playing by then that is all that matters.
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Cody passed the conditioning test this morning.

Comment

• To follow up on Sergio, Mack Brown said Kindle has narcolepsy, which could have caused him to sleepwalk and fall down the stairs.

Comment

• I thought narolepsy just made you sleep randomly, IDK if it has a tie into sleep walking.

Comment

• From WebMD:

"What Are the Symptoms of Narcolepsy?
                            Symptoms of narcolepsy include:

Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS): In general, EDS interferes with normal activities on a daily basis, whether or not a person with narcolepsy has sufficient sleep at night. People with EDS report mental cloudiness, a lack of energy and concentration, memory lapses, a depressed mood, and/or extreme exhaustion.
                            Cataplexy: This symptom consists of a sudden loss of muscle tone that leads to feelings of weakness and a loss of voluntary muscle control. It can cause symptoms ranging from slurred speech to total body collapse depending on the muscles involved and is often triggered by intense emotion, for example surprise, laughter, or anger.
                            Hallucinations: Usually, these delusional experiences are vivid and frequently they are frightening. The content is primarily visual, but any of the other senses can be involved. These are called hypnagogic hallucinations when accompanying sleep onset and hypnopompic hallucinations when occurring during awakening.
                            Sleep paralysis: This symptom involves the temporary inability to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. These episodes are generally brief lasting a few seconds to several minutes. After episodes end, people rapidly recover their full capacity to move and speak."

With that said, it could have been a factor in the incident but regardless all the best to his recovery. Hopefully whatever the reason it wasn't something that will be regrettable.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• I wasn't ready to go to bed and was bored so I made this Ray Rice sig, if anyone wants to wear it please do so.

I also posted this in the sig request thread, so if you do decide to wear it please post it in there so no one else wears it as well.

EDIT: Sorry about the text, it didn't look that dark on my laptop and I will change it.
                              Last edited by marshallb; 07-30-2010, 11:44 AM.

sig by BK and avy by me
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I figured some my not see this and deserve the laugh as well; from the column of the one and only Mike Preston in regards to Bulger and Flacco:

"It was noble of starting quarterback Joe Flacco to defend Troy Smith, his backup the past two seasons, when the Ravens recently signed Marc Bulger, but Flacco should also look over his own shoulder.

He hasn't played well in the past two postseasons. When a team signs a backup of Bulger's caliber, they'll stay that backup if the starter gets hurt and the team gets hot in his absence. Regardless of what type of winning streak the Ravens might go on with Smith, he wouldn't remain the starter.

Signing Bulger was perfect because it not only gave the Ravens a great backup, but it also kept a little pressure on Flacco as well."

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information