Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franks a good person, but an awful football player.

Glad to know that he won't be in a Ravens uni next year though.

I wish luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
      I'd hardly consider Marcus Smith a nice prospect. He can't run routes or catch. He's basically a special teamer

He was a big project when we drafted him. He was running nice routes in the 1 pre-season game last season and impressed in practice before tearing his ACL.

Comment

Eron Riley is a guy i'm excited about.

- He was a project last year, and I think a year on the bench helped his game a ton. He's got a fantastic size/speed combo for an NFL receiver (6'3 205), and I think he can also make an impact on special teams this year. My only questions are concerning his hand strength, and physicality, which aren't bad, but need to be improved for the NFL. I definitely see him getting his first TD catch this upcoming season.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNr0XBIADE
        GO RAVENS

Comment

Eh, I wouldn't get excited about guys like Riley an Harper. If they couldn't have helped us last season (when we really needed it), then it's hard to see how they would this season. Sure they could have improved with their time on the PS, but it's a reach. Neither of them would be more than the 5th WR on the depth chart, assuming Stallworth makes the team and we draft a receiver. Then there's still Clayton/Williams who were tendered.

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
            Eron Riley is a guy i'm excited about.

- He was a project last year, and I think a year on the bench helped his game a ton. He's got a fantastic size/speed combo for an NFL receiver (6'3 205), and I think he can also make an impact on special teams this year. My only questions are concerning his hand strength, and physicality, which aren't bad, but need to be improved for the NFL. I definitely see him getting his first TD catch this upcoming season.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNr0XBIADE

I am w/ you on that, I have been a fan of him the minute we drafted him. He has all world physical tools (on par w/ DHB) and was a nice gunner in college. I am intrigued w/ his potential.

And why keep a guy like Clayton around? He is in the same boat as Walker, a great guy but a crappy football player. We should cut him and bring up a guy like riley or harper to be the #5. At least they still have some sort of potential

Comment

I think that I'd rather have Riley or Harper over Clayton as well, but it doesn't seem like the coaching staff does. Somebody on our team really likes Clayton, there's no way he should have come back and started right away last season after his injury when our passing game was actually gaining a little steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                I am w/ you on that, I have been a fan of him the minute we drafted him. He has all world physical tools (on par w/ DHB) and was a nice gunner in college. I am intrigued w/ his potential.

And why keep a guy like Clayton around? He is in the same boat as Walker, a great guy but a crappy football player. We should cut him and bring up a guy like riley or harper to be the #5. At least they still have some sort of potential
                yeah I agree, We all know what we are gonna get out of Mark Clayton, his potential has been reached.

I would love to see us bump up a younger guy with something to prove.

Comment

It still baffled me that Clayton started over Washington all year. The difference between Clayton and Walker is walker actually showed up and played great week 15 on. Clayton did absolutely nothing except for his regular 1 great game a year, I do thank him that that game was against PITT, my prediction was it would be against the Lions

Comment

STRIP, could you sticky this thread. Thanks.

Comment

got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What does everyone think about trading Willis to recoup some picks, maybe even getting a #2 for him. Then putting Le'Ron as the #2 RB and either drafting a true blocking FB or signing a proven blocking FB like we had with Neal a few years back?? I know Le'Ron is a Pro Bowl FB but that's from his running talent.

Think of how many more yards Ray would have if we had a 260lb RB knocking people around to give Ray a breather?! Plus he does have that next level gear to break away like Willis just remember the game 2 years ago against Dallas to close Cowboys Stadium...

Comment

There's no way we'd get a 2nd round pick for Willis, probably not even a third. With the FA RBs this year, and not to mention it's one of the easier positions to draft, why would somebody want to give up that high of a pick for Willis? I think last year he was pretty overrated, yet he did come on strong at the end of the season (before that he was pretty much a TD vulture that had some terrible games).

Comment

forget trading Willis McGahee, I'm sick of that idea.
                            He's a perfect #2 back to compliment Rice, so stop trying to trade him.
                            Having 5 picks is fine, if we draft wisely, all 5 will be good players.
                            As for D-Line, I don't want Odrick at all.
                            With all this talk of switching to a 4-3, this means Odrick is going to need to play with low pad level (which he doesnt).
                            Odrick gets overpowered in the run game, and is more of a fit as a DE in a 3-4, no thanks Odrick.
                            I'd love Dan Williams, not Terrence Cody, there's a fine difference.
                            Both Houston and Price are really talented, and taking either one of them in the 1st sounds like a good idea to me.
                            New Mock
                            (It's different from my previous mocks, but I like)
                            1st: DT, Brian Price, UCLA.
                            2nd: CB, Chris Cook, Virginia.
                            5th: DE/OLB - Dexter Davis, Arizona State.
                            5th: QB - Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic.
                            6th: TE - Jeff Cumberland, Illinois.
                            GO RAVENS

Comment

Is this guy for real? A 2nd rounder for Willis? We would be lucky to get a 5th rounder with his injury history and contract. At this point, Willis is worth more to our team then whatever we could get for him in a trade.

Im not sure Im buying the switch to a base 4-3 yet. We definitely will continue to use alot of 4-3 sets, particularly on passing downs, but Im not sure we will see a full transition this season or even the next. Odrick is a guy who can play in both fronts, whereas Price isnt. As big of a fan of Price as I am, I think if it came down to choosing (which it wont, Id almost guarantee one of them will be gone by #25), Id have to say go with Odrick.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I agree we will continue to see 3-4 looks, but we still can't get pressure from a 4-man line. It needs to be addressed, and I don't think Odrick is a guy that can do that. Yeah he's more versatile, but he also isn't what we really need for a lineman at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information