Suggs
    Ngata/Redding
    Gregg/Cody
    Kruger/Barnes/Kindle
    in front of
    WLB - Johnson
    MLB - Lewis
    SLB - Gooden/Ellerbe/McClain

the point everyone is trying to make is that we have so many young talented players in the front 7 (Cody, Ngata, Gooden, Ellerbe, Suggs, Redding, Kruger, Johnson, Kindle, etc.) that it makes no sense just to sit back and rush the front 4 and let everyone sit back and play coverage.

Man, if Rex was still here, he would work wonders with all these players. He'd have dozens of blitz packages with different players and would make our pass rush insane.

but in reality, we have Mattison who's fine with rushing the same 4 players over and over.

Comment

• In a 43 Gooden or Ellerbe would be WLB. Johnson would be SLB.

Also I think this could be best for passing downs.

Suggs
      Redding
      Pryce
      Kruger/Jarrett Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        In a 43 Gooden or Ellerbe would be WLB. Johnson would be SLB.

Also I think this could be best for passing downs.

Suggs
        Redding
        Pryce
        Kruger/Jarrett Johnson
        That looks good. Except I'd play Kindle over Kruger/Johnson, even in a 40 front.

Comment

• True but IDK how Kindle health will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
            On passing downs

in the 3-4 I like

Redding DE
            Ngata NT
            Kruger DE
            in front of
            Suggs OLB
            Johnson ILB
            Lewis ILB
            Barnes/Kindle OLB

in the 4-3

Suggs
            Ngata/Redding
            Gregg/Cody
            Kruger/Barnes/Kindle
            in front of
            WLB - Johnson
            MLB - Lewis
            SLB - Gooden/Ellerbe/McClain

the point everyone is trying to make is that we have so many young talented players in the front 7 (Cody, Ngata, Gooden, Ellerbe, Suggs, Redding, Kruger, Johnson, Kindle, etc.) that it makes no sense just to sit back and rush the front 4 and let everyone sit back and play coverage.

Man, if Rex was still here, he would work wonders with all these players. He'd have dozens of blitz packages with different players and would make our pass rush insane.

but in reality, we have Mattison who's fine with rushing the same 4 players over and over.
            This is the key phrase. Mattison will continue to use four-man fronts to rush the passer, especially on passing downs. It's just the kind of coach he is and I really doubt he going to change his style much. Harbaugh probably doesn't mind it either since he came from the Eagles system. I expect we'll see 3-man fronts on rushing downs since our team excels at stopping the run out of that formation, but I just don't think well see much blitzing.

Comment

• The Eagles system under Jim Johnson was a blitz specific system as well.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• yeah it was a blitz system out of a 43.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  The Eagles system under Jim Johnson was a blitz specific system as well.
                  I realize that, but it was a variant of the 4-3 and I would think Harbaugh would be more comfortable with that. If we did go to that kind of 4-3 I would be ecstatic, but I think Mattison is closer to a Cover 2 type of coordinator :(.

Comment

• The D was playing awesome for the last half of the season, so I don't really care what Mattison does as long as they play like that.

Comment

• http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...akes-ilb-lead/

I am shocked that McClain is beating out Gooden and Ellerbe. I think a guy like Phillips might not make this roster and he could at least be a good 2nd string ILB on basically any other team in the NFL. I think either Prescott or Phillips are gonna get cut. And I think Prescott will stay since he was our leading special teamer.

Comment

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...akes-ilb-lead/

I am shocked that McClain is beating out Gooden and Ellerbe. I think a guy like Phillips might not make this roster and he could at least be a good 2nd string ILB on basically any other team in the NFL. I think either Prescott or Phillips are gonna get cut. And I think Prescott will stay since he was our leading special teamer.

I'm still surprised with this news. I thought for sure than Ellerbe would be the one starting with the first team. I didn't expect much from Gooden though, our defense was awful with him starting.

Comment

• yeah I could Imagine us rotating Gooden in on passing downs. I hope he can get his act together I was expecting a lot from him out of college.

Plus there is this one girl I graduated w/ who is now a stripper, she has pictures of her and Tavares at some restuarant. So Tavares Gooden is plowing a person from my HS who I actually knew

Comment

yeah I could Imagine us rotating Gooden in on passing downs. I hope he can get his act together I was expecting a lot from him out of college.

Plus there is this one girl I graduated w/ who is now a stripper, she has pictures of her and Tavares at some restuarant. So Tavares Gooden is plowing a person from my HS who I actually knew
                            with his speed, could he possibly play OLB in a 3-4? Or is that too big of a transition?

He could be a solid ILB pass rusher for us but I've heard that he isn't physical enough.

Outside of Ray, how do you predict the ILB depth chart looking like? here's what I think

#1 - Ray Lewis
                            #2 - Dannell Ellerbe
                            #3 - Jameel McClain
                            #4 - Jason Phillips
                            #5 - Tavares Gooden
                            #6 - Prescott Burgess

Comment

• I think Gooden beats Phillips. I dont think Gooden is physical enough. IDK we will see how it turns out. I agree if we could some how get his speed on a blitz it would be good.

Comment

I think Gooden beats Phillips. I dont think Gooden is physical enough. IDK we will see how it turns out. I agree if we could some how get his speed on a blitz it would be good.
                                yeah, but a coordinator that was actually willing to blitz would be even better :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information