Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wow, Brian Baldinger is just raving about Harbaughs squad.

    * “The Ravens look like an elite team. Offensively, this is the best Ravens team in recent memory.”
    * “The Ravens also have a backup in Chris Chester who could start at center or guard for at least half the teams in the league right now. He’s athletic and an incredible insurance policy to have inside. There’s no drop-off to Chester, and most teams can’t say that.”
    * “If the Ravens are better on offense and the defense can play with a lead, you may see Suggs with 15-plus sacks this season.”
    * “We haven’t seen a consistent double-digit sack guy inside since Warren Sapp. I think Ngata is the guy to do it.”
    * “The left side of the Ravens’ offensive line with Michael Oher and Ben Grubbs may be the left side of the Pro Bowl line for years to come.”

    Comment


    • IDK how much stock to put into that, every time I hear Baldinger talk about the Ravens it's nothing but praise anyways :). Still good to hear.

      Comment


      • Damn I am not familiar w/ that analyst but WOW. Suggs 15+ sacks Ngata 10+ sacks sounds like a bit fo a stretch.

        I agree Chester could be a good starter at C/G in the NFL.

        Saying that about Oher and Grubbs isnt really a stretch though

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          Damn I am not familiar w/ that analyst but WOW. Suggs 15+ sacks Ngata 10+ sacks sounds like a bit fo a stretch.

          I agree Chester could be a good starter at C/G in the NFL.

          Saying that about Oher and Grubbs isnt really a stretch though
          only thing he said that was a huge stretch in my mind was Ngata getting 10+ sacks. I know Ngata is working on his pass rush technique, but 10+ for an interior linemen is rare.

          As for Suggs, if offenses are going to be forced to play catch-up and pass the ball, 13-15 sacks for Suggs is certainly possible.

          and I LOVE Chester. He could definitely be Birk's replacement, but I still think we should draft an interior linemen early in next years draft.

          Comment


          • I still think we can go BPA next years draft. Whether its D or WR.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              I still think we can go BPA next years draft. Whether its D or WR.
              yeah, that's we've always done, despite all the debate we raven fans put into the draft, it all will come down to who's the best player available. It always has, and always will.

              Comment


              • True that. and thinking about that guys predictions. I would be happy w/ 15 sacks from Ngata and Sizzle combined. If Ngata gets 10 and Suggs gets 15 that would be amazing. Especially form Ngata

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  True that. and thinking about that guys predictions. I would be happy w/ 15 sacks from Ngata and Sizzle combined. If Ngata gets 10 and Suggs gets 15 that would be amazing. Especially form Ngata
                  Damn, If Ngata could get 8 I would be shocked. I know he has been working on pass rush technique, so let's just wait and see. As for Suggs, he could get 15 whenever he wants to, it's just the matter of whether or not he's motivated or healthy enough to do so.

                  Comment


                  • yeah I wondered if Motivation was Suggs issue his whole career. His career is a mystery to me. Just looking at his rookie year with 12 sacks 6 FF as a 3rd down rusher only was amazing. I thought we had a mini LT on our hands.

                    Comment


                    • yeah, but I've heard he's maturing and becoming more of a "teacher" to these younger guys.

                      and speaking of Ngata

                      I saw an article on ESPN, (only for insiders though). The title reading "Ngata could get (really) paid"

                      I guess that translate to we're going to make him the highest paid defensive linemen?

                      Comment


                      • Last year I would say weight was Suggs' main issue (although motivation could have been the problem behind his weight). As for Ngata, I read that Suh's deal would be the starting point for his next contract. C'mon Ozzie, don't get cocky and think you can replace him in the draft, pay the man.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                          Last year I would say weight was Suggs' main issue (although motivation could have been the problem behind his weight). As for Ngata, I read that Suh's deal would be the starting point for his next contract. C'mon Ozzie, don't get cocky and think you can replace him in the draft, pay the man.
                          I think Harbaugh will write a check out of his own pocket to keep Ngata if Ozzie doesn't.

                          and I pray he doesn't have too. Ozzie better open his eyes and realize that a talent like Ngata is 1 in a million. No Terrence Cody or Brandon McKinney could ever dream of replacing him.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                            I think Harbaugh will write a check out of his own pocket to keep Ngata if Ozzie doesn't.

                            and I pray he doesn't have too. Ozzie better open his eyes and realize that a talent like Ngata is 1 in a million. No Terrence Cody or Brandon McKinney could ever dream of replacing him.
                            This, this, and more of this.

                            Ngata is the NFL's best defensive lineman, period. Nobody offers the versatility and level of dominance he does. He can play anywhere on a 3-4 line and excel there. He can also probably play anywhere on a 4-3 line as well, though he might not be an elite pass-rusher there. Still, his raw power and brute force are more than enough to destroy any opposing offensive lineman.

                            Trust me on that, I'm a Steelers fan.

                            And Ngata deserves to be paid top 5 D-Lineman money. He's arguably the best 3-4 defensive lineman in the league, and he's only 26. Hopefully for you guys, Ozzie knows this and pays him. Hopefully for us...Newsome screws up.

                            Props to clover_jeez!

                            Comment


                            • Ozzie doesnt generally make mistakes when it comes to keeping young talent. Id be shocked if he lets Ngata walk. I fully expect him to get a deal bigger then the 5 years/40 million that Wilfork got from the Pats.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Ozzie doesnt generally make mistakes when it comes to keeping young talent. Id be shocked if he lets Ngata walk. I fully expect him to get a deal bigger then the 5 years/40 million that Wilfork got from the Pats.
                                That's what I thought, but after he let BOTH Jason Brown and Bart Scott walk, I've always had a doubt that he would do something stupid like that again.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information