This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
    forget trading Willis McGahee, I'm sick of that idea.
    He's a perfect #2 back to compliment Rice, so stop trying to trade him.
    Having 5 picks is fine, if we draft wisely, all 5 will be good players.
    As for D-Line, I don't want Odrick at all.
    With all this talk of switching to a 4-3, this means Odrick is going to need to play with low pad level (which he doesnt).
    Odrick gets overpowered in the run game, and is more of a fit as a DE in a 3-4, no thanks Odrick.
    I'd love Dan Williams, not Terrence Cody, there's a fine difference.
    Both Houston and Price are really talented, and taking either one of them in the 1st sounds like a good idea to me.
    New Mock
    (It's different from my previous mocks, but I like)
    1st: DT, Brian Price, UCLA.
    2nd: CB, Chris Cook, Virginia.
    5th: DE/OLB - Dexter Davis, Arizona State.
    5th: QB - Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic.
    6th: TE - Jeff Cumberland, Illinois.

With only 5 picks in the draft I would be pissed if we took a QB. Troy Smith will probably be back next year(my prediction) and we got John Beck who knows the system, not to mention Flacco. I dont wanna see us waste a pick on a QB

Comment

uuh-oh...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...nk_walker.html

I can't see why Coach Harbaugh praises Frank Walker and complains about Demetrius Williams. If Demetrius got as much playing time Frank Walker has gotten, I think he'd be a lot better player than he is right now.

I know Frank has made some plays here and there, but his "WTF" moments are just 1 too many.

Please...PLEASE. don't bring him back. I'd rather let Ozzie draft two late rounders and gamble with them.

Comment

Also -

Ravens are exploring the Kicker's on the market. They have shown interest in both Shayne Graham and Niel Rackers.

-per Aaron Wilson.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Graham, as long as he's recovered from the injury he had last season.

Comment

Is anyone upset that we didn't pursue Ben Watson?

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
              Is anyone upset that we didn't pursue Ben Watson?
              I didn't even think of it at the time, but now that you brought it up, I am kind of upset. Watson is a talented TE who is more athletic than Heap. He's also a better blocker than Heap. Now that I think about it, I really wish we did pursue him.

Comment

I don't think Watson is much of a blocker, but he definitely has more to offer as a receiver at this point. We might have been gun-shy about bringing in another injury-prone TE who is not that young though.
                Last edited by coordinator0; 03-23-2010, 10:24 PM. Reason: Like always, for grammar.

Comment

True, but in sure he has atleast 2-3 more productive seasons in him.

I'm sure that we can all agree that he'd be an all-world upgrade over the bum, L.J. Smith.

With him, we'd have a STACKED recieving corp
                  Boldin
                  Mason
                  Stallworth
                  Clayton
                  Heap
                  Watson
                  Rice

-Flacco would cream himself.

Comment

Please, please, please sign Walker again. It's always amusing to watch him guard either Wallace or Holmes.

Comment

• Well, Harbaugh admitted in the article that I saw that the fans wouldn't like it. My hope is that we wouldn't be in a position to HAVE to need him again, except on special teams. Harbs is seriously too loyal to some of these guys, it's sickening.

Comment

• have the Raven's signed that "one" player that they were allowed to sign with that *** elite 8 rule?

I'm not sure, but I think that player was Corey Redding.

can anyone double check for me, I have no clue how these new rules work.

Comment

• Redding might have been "allowed" because of Dwan Edwards being signed though.

Comment

• Say we do trade Gaither, before or during the draft, I'm pretty sure the financial aspect would be a huge reason why.

Are the Ravens really willing to give a lot of money to someone with a very questionable work ethic? What's gonna happen when he gets all that guaranteed money?

We could save a lot of money and add some more picks if we did trade Gaither away.

And, true, the o-line would take a hit, but they'd still be someone of a solid unit.

Overall, I wouldn't be a fan of it, but if a trade did go down, I'm sure the pros would balance out with the cons and keep us fans pleased.

Comment

• Look at the forum mock! :D

Also, we just STOLE Alex Carrington in the third. Me and TACKLE are dominating the draft as per usual.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                                Say we do trade Gaither, before or during the draft, I'm pretty sure the financial aspect would be a huge reason why.

Are the Ravens really willing to give a lot of money to someone with a very questionable work ethic? What's gonna happen when he gets all that guaranteed money?

We could save a lot of money and add some more picks if we did trade Gaither away.

And, true, the o-line would take a hit, but they'd still be someone of a solid unit.

Overall, I wouldn't be a fan of it, but if a trade did go down, I'm sure the pros would balance out with the cons and keep us fans pleased.
                                Pros - we save money for the immediate future, giving Gaither money COULD be a risk (depends on how much he would gets), get picks.

Cons - Offensive line takes a hit, opens up a huge hole at RT, weakens the team when we are built for a Superbowl run now, taking a replacement in the draft (where we would be picking) is as much a risk as giving Gaither the money in the first place.

It's not much of a competition IMO. Locking up Gaither is both an immediate fix and a long-term solution at both tackle spots for the Ravens.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information