Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, tons of Seattle fans are very unhappy with them trading Wilson away.
    Wilson for a 5th was a damn good steal.

He can help out in the punt return game and give us a solid #2 or nickel.

love the trade.

Comment

• We got a corner, I approve

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Awesome pickup, solid covering the slot. He might even start until Webb comes back.

Comment

• I believe this trade quiets many of our secondary concerns... with Wash/Webb/Wilson/Williams/Carr playing the corners, and with our over abundance at the safety position this could actually turn out to be one of our strengths by seasons end.

Comment

• Out of that secondary teh only guy over 30 is Reed.(maybe Carr). So they will grow together and be around for a while.

I hope we PS Prince Miller though.

Comment

• So, what are the chances we re-sign Wilson?

I know he hasn't taken a snap for us, but say he puts up similar production here (maybe a little better since players tend to play better defense on better defensive teams) do we re-sign him in the up coming off-season?

I know Ngata is the #1 name on Ozzie's list. but there are others that we need to look out for.

Comment

• who exactly is coming up to be a FA soon?

I know Ngata,Grubbs,Yanda,Gaither,Wilson all gotta be coming up soon. Yet we cant forget the future because Flacco,Rice,Oher are still on there rookie contracts. I just hope we can get them all back.

Comment

• Off the top of my head Dawan Landry, Chris Carr, Fabian Washington and Josh Wilson will be the free agents from our secondary. I'm not sure on Nakamura or Zbikowski either, but they would be RFA IIRC anyways. Ngata I believe is playing in the last year of his deal and Gregg/Pryce probably won't be back next year either (Pryce because of the last year of his contract and age, Gregg because of his age). I don't think there are any free agents from the LBing core, but Gooden could be in the same boat as Nakamura and Zbikowski. McClain I have no idea about, but I expect both of those guys to be backups to Ellerbe anyways (unless we play more 4-3 sets then Gooden would probably be the WLB). I'd definitely say we have to look to our defense first while we're re-signing people. The offense has a lot of young guys still on their rookie contracts and we can afford to wait a tad bit longer to give them extensions.

Comment

• I <3 me some Josh Wilson....I remember drafting him in a forum mock for the Ravens some time ago.

Comment

• you remember this thread CCBG, shocking!!!!!!!

Comment

• I really liked Wilson coming out as well, and I'm interested to see how he does. However, I think its unlikely Seattle would surrender him for so little if they felt his play was up to snuff...I am anxious to see how he plays though, and hopefully he can come in and be a very successful #2 or nickel back.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          I really liked Wilson coming out as well, and I'm interested to see how he does. However, I think its unlikely Seattle would surrender him for so little if they felt his play was up to snuff...I am anxious to see how he plays though, and hopefully he can come in and be a very successful #2 or nickel back.
                          I read an article that said he was out of Seattle next off season anyway, that probably played a part in it.. however, with our needs it is a little head scratching that they wouldn't try to get a little extra.

Comment

• http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-could-be-mvp/

Jaws is leading the Flacco wagon.

he said “Outside the numbers, I’m not sure there was a better quarterback in the league last year than Joe Flacco,” said Jaworski

I am not really sure what that means, but he loves Flacco

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              I really liked Wilson coming out as well, and I'm interested to see how he does. However, I think its unlikely Seattle would surrender him for so little if they felt his play was up to snuff...I am anxious to see how he plays though, and hopefully he can come in and be a very successful #2 or nickel back.
                              like stated earlier, they let him go because he was going to be a FA next year and they wanted to get what they could for him now rather than lose him next year and get nothing.(kinda the same reason why McNabb got traded and the same reason why I want Jared Gaither to be traded)

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-could-be-mvp/

Jaws is leading the Flacco wagon.

he said “Outside the numbers, I’m not sure there was a better quarterback in the league last year than Joe Flacco,” said Jaworski

I am not really sure what that means, but he loves Flacco
                              thats a bit far-fetched.

Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers and Schaub were all better QB's stat-wise compared to Flacco, and those guy are just off the top of him head, but that's just how Jaworski is...

I do hope all these people that are high on Flacco (baldinger, clayton, jaws) are right and I pray that Flacco will turn into an elite QB cause we're going to start to lose a ton of talent on defense is a couple years. Flacco is going to be more important than ever.

Comment

• I think by outside the numbers he means sideline throw completions and such. As in, literally outside the numbers on the field, not outside the statistics.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information