Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep in mind that Gaither isnt the only one who needs locking up. Ngata needs a new contract, and I absolutely think he holds more value to our team then Gaither. With the contract we just gave Suggs, Im curious to see how we manipulate this situation.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• At least you didnt trade gaither just to draft a OT round 1. Many people suggest this and if I hear another person suggest it I am going to puke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        At least you didnt trade gaither just to draft a OT round 1. Many people suggest this and if I hear another person suggest it I am going to puke.
        Trade Gaither for an OT in round 1.

Comment

• It is the dumbest theory ever, Gaither is 2 years older at most then all rookies, but he also has 2 seasons as a top 10 LT. Not to mention his ceiling is higher then every T in this draft

Comment

• yeah, but there are so many questions regarding his work ethic, attitude, effort etc. when he was in college, and you can see some of it still sticks with him..

now maybe we get lucky and he matures in the next 1-2 years, then, I'd be all for giving him that big contract he wants.

But imagine giving someone with an already questionable work ethic such a big contract. If I'm sitting in Newsome's chair, I wanna see more out of him before I give him anything.

edit -

Say we got a 2nd and a 4th from the Redskins. I'd be down with that.
            Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 03-30-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Update from the Forum Mock...

We drafted Eric Decker with the 93rd pick (3rd round). Huge steal for us. We were shocked that he was still on the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                Update from the Forum Mock...

We drafted Eric Decker with the 93rd pick (3rd round). Huge steal for us. We were shocked that he was still on the board.
                You 2 are killing this team and its depth, horrible job. I know this is a draft site but to just deal away players on whims to get unproven picks is ridiculous.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• We've moved Jared Gaither, who, from all reports coming in, is as good as gone anyways...not to mention we got INCREDIBLE value for him. We moved Dawan Landry who should of been benched already in favor of Zbikowski, and we traded Willis who is overpriced and irrelevant in our backfield. Frees up McClain for more carries. Then we added Greg Olsen, Earl Thomas, Everson Griffen, Alex Carrington, and Eric Decker. If the Ravens pulled this **** off IRL (never possible obviously, but Im just saying) Id be ecstatic.
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    We've moved Jared Gaither, who, from all reports coming in, is as good as gone anyways...not to mention we got INCREDIBLE value for him. We moved Dawan Landry who should of been benched already in favor of Zbikowski, and we traded Willis who is overpriced and irrelevant in our backfield. Frees up McClain for more carries. Then we added Greg Olsen, Earl Thomas, Everson Griffen, Alex Carrington, and Eric Decker. If the Ravens pulled this **** off IRL (never possible obviously, but Im just saying) Id be ecstatic.
                    what did you get for McGahee?

and Gaither is not "as good as gone"

Comment

• We moved McGahee for a 3rd to get Alex Carrington.

Comment

• well, it looks like we're going to go 4-0 in pre-season again. yay!

Carolina
                        Washington
                        New York (giants)
                        St. Louis

i know it's pre-season, but if ya gatta play em, then ya might as well win em.

Comment

• The Carolina game is on ESPN as well. I'm not a big believer of preseason games meaning much, but they're nice to watch :).

Comment

• Im gonna officially change my stance on Stallworth. Mainly due to the fact that I hope he gets our #3 spot, anything that keeps Clayton off the field is a welcome change. So lets go Stallworth comeback motivated and ready to dominate!
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              Additions:

TE Greg Olsen
                              DB Earl Thomas, Texas (#17)
                              DE/OLB Everson Griffen, USC (#30)
                              DL Alex Carrington, Arkansas State (#80)
                              WR Eric Decker, Minnesota (#93)
                              OL Jeff Byers, USC (#157)

Losses:

OT Jared Gaither
                              S Dawan Landry
                              RB Willis McGahee

Analysis

Coming into this draft, TACKLE and myself had two goals: add legitimate targets for Joe Flacco, and get younger on defense. We strongly feel that we accomplished both those goals. Getting a Pro Bowl talent in Greg Olsen for the equivalent of a 3rd round pick was huge for us, and adding Eric Decker in the 3rd as a solid possession receiver and future #2 added a little youth to our receiving core. We really feel like that those moves, along with the acquisition of Anquan Boldin earlier in the offseason, give that offense a huge boost. Combined with a rock solid running game surrounding Ray Rice and Le'Ron McClain, and for once we dont have to worry about our offense. The loss of Jared Gaither is regrettable, but really, with Oher as an in house replacement and getting Top 20 value for him, I think we will learn to live with it.

The defensive acquisitions were almost perfect for us as well. Earl Thomas is a great fit both scheme and position wise, as his ability to play both S and CB will help until Reed decides to hang up the cleats. Learning from the very best will undoubtedly help him as well. We had originally targeted Odrick at 25, but when an offer to trade down and accumulate some mid round picks presented itself, we couldnt help it. Ultimately we lost Odrick, but Everson Griffen is a great consolation prize. Hes big, fast, and can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. He would be a terror opposite Suggs and I really like the pick. The addition of Alex Carrington definitely helped ease the pain of missing out on Odrick. Carrington is a Pryce clone capable of playing inside and out, and as you can tell, versatility was a theme for us this draft.

Byers was good value and helped add depth to the interior oline which was hurt a bit with Yanda sliding out to RT.

Overall, I loved what we did and if anything similar happened in real life for the Ravens, Id be stoked. Thoughts?

My explanations for the Forum Mock. If TACKLE has anything to add, hes more then welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                                The Carolina game is on ESPN as well. I'm not a big believer of preseason games meaning much, but they're nice to watch :).
                                yeah dude. Our first glimpse of Flacco and Bolding!!!

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                                Im gonna officially change my stance on Stallworth. Mainly due to the fact that I hope he gets our #3 spot, anything that keeps Clayton off the field is a welcome change. So lets go Stallworth comeback motivated and ready to dominate!
                                yeah, that's what I'm pumped about. Bolding and Mason on the outsides and Stallworth in the slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information