Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's not to say that if Reed and Ben would've played Ed wouldn't have forced Roethlisberger into some turnovers? We weren't exactly playing at full-strength either, with 3 guys that would normally start being out (Gaither, Reed, Redding).

Comment

• Not to mention a limited Rice.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        Who's not to say that if Reed and Ben would've played Ed wouldn't have forced Roethlisberger into some turnovers? We weren't exactly playing at full-strength either, with 3 guys that would normally start being out (Gaither, Reed, Redding).
        That's why I said if. A lot of things coulda happend. But ya'll won. We lost. Steelers should have won, but didn't make the plays to make that happen. See you in like 10 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          This from a guy with a sig line saying "Fire Bruce Arians" who in fact is placing all the blame on Arians...........

SUCK IT HINES! You're D let you down on the game winning drive. Big Bad Troy couldn't beat Todd Heap and Joe Cool found HOUSH!!!!!!!!! in the back in the endzone.
          This coming from a guy who constantly bashes the Ravens. Now since they win, you're all happy? Ok. Way to be classy about all this. I mean, no other Raven fan has said "suck it". I wouldn't have said that if the Steelers would have won. So good day, you classless piece of ****.

I didn't blame all the blame on Arians. I said offense, defense, and special teams lost the game. Learn to read. Mkay.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            This coming from a guy who constantly bashes the Ravens. Now since they win, you're all happy? Ok. Way to be classy about all this. I mean, no other Raven fan has said "suck it". I wouldn't have said that if the Steelers would have won. So good day, you classless piece of ****.

I didn't blame all the blame on Arians. I said offense, defense, and special teams lost the game. Learn to read. Mkay.
            I know right who would have thunk it, a Ravens' fan happy the Ravens won?? Its a thinker

And you said it was mostly the offense, a little on defense, and **** Jeff Reed so don't act as though you made this thought invoking analysis on the game.

Yeah I picked the Steelers to win, I mean going into the game our QB was hit or miss and 1-4 against Pittsburgh including never winning in Pittsburgh. I was totally unfounded in that logic........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I blame a bad gameplan on all fronts. One of the worst performances by Dick Lebeau in a while. I blame Flacco. And McFadden. I also blame Woodley. I blame Batch for not executing and missing open receivers. I blame Ben for putting himself in a position to get suspended. Also, the other 50 players on the active squad. I blame them. For a Steelers/Ravens game, the Steelers did not look pumped and prepared for this matchup. I know the score was close but I thought the Ravens played a far superior game. Which I hate to say and I am just now able to actually form these thoughts because I have been so mad. No, I didn't break this up into paragraphs.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                I blame a bad gameplan on all fronts. One of the worst performances by Dick Lebeau in a while. I blame Flacco. And McFadden. I also blame Woodley. I blame Batch for not executing and missing open receivers. I blame Ben for putting himself in a position to get suspended. Also, the other 50 players on the active squad. I blame them. For a Steelers/Ravens game, the Steelers did not look pumped and prepared for this matchup. I know the score was close but I thought the Ravens played a far superior game. Which I hate to say and I am just now able to actually form these thoughts because I have been so mad. No, I didn't break this up into paragraphs.
                Its almost as though they fell victim to their own hype as well as the recent games the Ravens' played in which they once again fell apart against Cincy and struggled against Cleveland. Frankly Pittsburgh might have been caught napping a bit and figured with 3 wins they shouldn't have had, they fell for the trap.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• So, what do you guys think about this weeks matchup vs. Denver?

Who wins, #1 pass defense or #1 pass offense?

I think they'll have some success on his but I also believe Flacco will have one of his better days passing as well.

Interesting matchup, I personally like

Lardarius Webb
                  Josh Wilson
                  Fabian Washington
                  Chris Carr
                  Haruki Nakamura

over

Brandon Lloyd
                  Jabar Gaffney
                  Eddie Royal
                  Demaryius Thomas

Comment

• I am hoping suggs will have a good game to rattle Orton. the thing is it will be tough against Clady. We may have to put him up against the RT.

But I do like this match up as well, I think we will win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      I am hoping suggs will have a good game to rattle Orton. the thing is it will be tough against Clady. We may have to put him up against the RT.

But I do like this match up as well, I think we will win.
                      From what I've heard from a die hard Bronco friend, is that Clady is dinged up.

If Denver's game plan is to throw 45-50 times on Sunday(which it probably is, given they can't run the ball) we'll likely get 2-4 sacks just because Orton will be dropping back so much.

Normally, I get really nervous when we play pass happy teams that plan to spread us out, but with the Bronco's it's different. They don't have an elite QB nor a elite WR's. Just a bunch of team players that do a great job running there offense. They lack stardom, and I think we can matchup well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                        From what I've heard from a die hard Bronco friend, is that Clady is dinged up.

If Denver's game plan is to throw 45-50 times on Sunday(which it probably is, given they can't run the ball) we'll likely get 2-4 sacks just because Orton will be dropping back so much.

Normally, I get really nervous when we play pass happy teams that plan to spread us out, but with the Bronco's it's different. They don't have an elite QB nor a elite WR's. Just a bunch of team players that do a great job running there offense. They lack stardom, and I think we can matchup well.
                        Eddie Royal and hell Gaffney and Lloyd have proven to burn teams deep. I agree the lack of run game hurts them but Landry and Zbi aren't exactly what you'd call great range safeties. It will be tough but it's a game that the Ravens have to win if they consider themselves real contenders.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Eddie Royal and hell Gaffney and Lloyd have proven to burn teams deep. I agree the lack of run game hurts them but Landry and Zbi aren't exactly what you'd call great range safeties. It will be tough but it's a game that the Ravens have to win if they consider themselves real contenders.
                          Sure, Royal maybe. If I had to, I'd compare him to Mike Wallace of the Steelers. But I don't think Gaffney and Lloyd are the kinds of keep threats that's going to keep Greg Mattison up at night. I think we can do a solid job covering them. (We did okay vs. guys like Owens, Ocho, Wallace, Ward, Edwards, Massaquoi)

Also thought this was a good read on Sunday's game. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...7763082.column

Comment

• An interesting stat. I still think Baltimore wins pretty comfortably.

http://twitter.com/#!/espnafc_north/status/26687772149

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              An interesting stat. I still think Baltimore wins pretty comfortably.

http://twitter.com/#!/espnafc_north/status/26687772149
                              Can't blame em. Ravens vs. Steelers always leaves em a bit sore.

I don't really see us winning "comfortably" but I don't think Orton is going to "tear us up" like a lot of people are saying. (not on this board)

I think our secondary is going to make it hard on the Bronco's slightly above average WR corp.

I strongly believe that they are the #1 pass offense because they've thrown more than anyone else coupled with the fact that they've played some poor defenses.

Comment

• Royal and Demaryius scare me, but we should be able to handle em enough to win a close one.
                                HALL OF FAMER!
                                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information