This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anquan-boldin/

A game-winning touchdown hasn't changed T.J. Houshmandzadeh's disappointment about his lack of playing time in Baltimore.

The wide receiver says he was told he would catch 50-60 passes in Baltimore, but he only has five grabs through four weeks. After playing plenty in the first two games, he only had roughly 12 snaps in Week Three against the Browns. He says that barely changed against the Steelers last week.

Houshmandzadeh admittedly has Boldin envy.
    "Q [Anquan Boldin] is going to be happy. That's just the reality of it," Houshmandzadeh said via the Baltimore Sun. "Q and [tight end Todd] Heap, they're going to get their balls. They brought Q in, they gave up draft picks and gave him a nice contract. They're going to find ways to get him the ball. I can appreciate that because I thought that's what I was getting [in Seattle]. I wish it was me. But it's not."

Housh worked his way up from a seventh-round draft pick to a role player to a star. He would be well served to embrace becoming a quality role player again, because he's never going to be Q.

God once a D-bag always a D-bag. Housh definitely brings some inside toughness and is a good #3 but the guy is so damn full of himself. He still thinks he is an elite WR or was ever an elite WR even though he's slower than Trevor Pryce. It's only a matter of time before he becomes a team cancer and bitches his way out of town. I don't see him resinging at the end of the year. In his mind he thinks he's a #1, I think he will find out in the offseason that offers for him will be scarce. Could easily be a guy who fades out of the league. Yes Housh Flacco is targeting Boldin and not you because the Ravens traded draft picks for him, it has nothing to do with the fact that you couldn't get separation from Albert Haynesworth if you wanted to.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anquan-boldin/

God once a D-bag always a D-bag. Housh definitely brings some inside toughness and is a good #3 but the guy is so damn full of himself. He still thinks he is an elite WR or was ever an elite WR even though he's slower than Trevor Pryce. It's only a matter of time before he becomes a team cancer and bitches his way out of town. I don't see him resinging at the end of the year. In his mind he thinks he's a #1, I think he will find out in the offseason that offers for him will be scarce. Could easily be a guy who fades out of the league. Yes Housh Flacco is targeting Boldin and not you because the Ravens traded draft picks for him, it has nothing to do with the fact that you couldn't get separation from Albert Haynesworth if you wanted to.
      Totally agree. When he signed his contract, he should have known he'd have to share catches with Q, Mase, and Heap. Mason has also shown signs of disappointment with his lack of targets... It's silly really. These guys need to grow up and start acting like veterans, or else, when Stallworth returns, this is going to get worse.

Comment

• This is the guy that refused to play madden because he was ranked 92 and he thought he should be higher. This is the guy who complained about not getting re-signed to the bengals again and said if they offered him a deal he would have went. Then he proceeded to drop 3 crucial passes The guy is a douche plain and simple. I doubt he will be back after this year. I really hope he doesnt **** the team up though.

Comment

• Sucks to see Mark Clayton doing so well in St. Louis. He might be inconsisent but I'd rather have him as my #3 because he's low maitenance and he actually can be a vertical threat.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            Sucks to see Mark Clayton doing so well in St. Louis. He might be inconsisent but I'd rather have him as my #3 because he's low maitenance and he actually can be a vertical threat.
            I actually don't think he would be doing any better than he had years before if he was still in Baltimore. That's where he's proved to be inconsistent, but in STL they've been using him in a different role. Clayton just isn't fast/big/explosive enough to be the vertical threat on a football team. I'd rather have Housh than Clayton as the #3.

Comment

• Mark Clayton/Housh is a wash for me. Id probably take Housh because I trust him more to make a crucial catch.

I'm a little worried about the Broncoes passing offense. The sum is much better than its parts over there. Hopefully because they have a terrible run game our dbs and lbs can focus on covering more.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                This is the guy that refused to play madden because he was ranked 92 and he thought he should be higher. This is the guy who complained about not getting re-signed to the bengals again and said if they offered him a deal he would have went. Then he proceeded to drop 3 crucial passes The guy is a douche plain and simple. I doubt he will be back after this year. I really hope he doesnt **** the team up though.
                Well technically he didnt play it because his speed was 82 and he thought he should have been faster. Either way I've never liked him and I never will!
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  Well technically he didnt play it because his speed was 82 and he thought he should have been faster. Either way I've never liked him and I never will!
                  I wanted to like him when we got him and I thought I did..but if he's gonna act like...well himself.. eff that...get open you'll get the ball and maybe if you catch more than 1 pass out of every 5 thrown your way you get more. That's how it works, to expect 60 catches especially on a team with so many options is pretty waterheaded.

Comment

• We still need an identity on offense, but honestly, I really don't care if we come out passing 1 game and running another, whatever gets the job done :)

We REALLY need to start generating turnovers, sacks and impact plays on defense.

Overall, great game on offense. Defense held there own but this win goes to Flacco and the offense.

New England next week is going to be a REAL test, if we can beat them, then I can see us being real contenders late in the season.

Ravens

4-1 #1 in the AFC North!!!

Comment

• Looks like the Steelers and Ravens are the class of the AFCN once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        Looks like the Steelers and Ravens are the class of the AFCN once again.
                        Could make the case that they're the class of the entire AFC this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                          Yes, that is true. I'd LOVE to play ya'll for a third time in the AFCCG again.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                            You could even one up this and say either the Ravens and Steelers are the class of the entire NFL and one of them for sure is probably getting to the bowl with how erratic every other team is playing at this point. Yes, it is early, but damn.

AFCCG will be the actual Super Bowl. Raven/Steelers game 3 times in one season, why yes, yes I will be glad to view that.
                            Last edited by terribletowel39; 10-10-2010, 07:15 PM.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• its 2008 like. If we some how swept you in 3 games this year I can finally move on from 2008. I would enjoy being able to get on w/ my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                                its 2008 like. If we some how swept you in 3 games this year I can finally move on from 2008. I would enjoy being able to get on w/ my life.
                                Just the thought of that makes me want to punch an old lady. So let's hold off on the sweeping talk until the next regular season game gets played.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information