Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am just pumped Clayton isnt on the field, It is strange how our coaching staff keeps guys around because they are nice people. Clayton and walker fit this role perfectly, At least Walker comes up big during the playoffs, Clayton will against Cleveland. Plus Walker hurt Hines Ward you always gotta respect him for that :)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      Im gonna officially change my stance on Stallworth. Mainly due to the fact that I hope he gets our #3 spot, anything that keeps Clayton off the field is a welcome change. So lets go Stallworth comeback motivated and ready to dominate!
      Stallworth is in a great position right now out of the slot, with two veterans occupying the majority of the secondary. He won't be asked to do much unlike other stints he had and because of that I think he will do more. No injury bug he can play in the shadows and grab the ball when he can, and in the open field the boy can move.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        My explanations for the Forum Mock. If TACKLE has anything to add, hes more then welcome.
        Great working with you APS. I was really satisfied with out our draft turned out. Although giving up Gaither was something we had a really hard time doing, for pick #17 it was too hard to turn down. We got a dynamic player maker in the secondary who can play both corner and safety. We feel, early on he can play CB but could eventually take over for E Reed. After missing out on Odrick and Bay Bay, we were still very happy to land Everson Griffen. Everson won't necessarily contribute right away but he is a great fit in out 4-3/3-4 hybrid and has the ability to be a big time pass rusher.

        I LOVED what we did in the middle rounds. I think over rounds 2 and 3 we easily had the best draft. Getting Greg Olsen for what really ended up being a 3rd round value was a huge steal. He is a talented, young TE who is better than anybody we could have got in the 2nd or 3rd. My favorite pick of the draft might be Alex Carrington. He is a 6'5 285 beast who brings excellent versatility and is a perfect fit in our defense. 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 4-3 DT. He can do it all and also has a big upside too. And also getting Eric Decker in the 3rd was the cherry on top. Decker was a huge steal at the end of the 3rd. He is really underrated and can be a legit #2 WR and maybe even a #1 down the road.

        In the 5th we planned on going with BPA. But with a lot of the guys we were hoping would fall not falling it caused me to re-evaluate. Yanda, who is now the RT, was the backup at both interior O-Line positions. Birk is getting old and eith Chester now starting at RG, we need a backup center and we are very thin at guard. Byers is a guy who when healthy, has been very solid. He brings the ability to play center and guard and brings some much needed depth to the interior of the O-Line.

        I know trading Gaither was quite controversial among Raven fans. But all in all, when you look at what we did as a whole, I felt we did a great job and would be very satisfied if the draft came out like this in real life.

        Comment


        • I wouldn't mind that

          You added youth to our defense is Carrington and E.Thomas, both in the secondary and d-line. That's where we're thin, so good job there.

          Also, adding Olsen makes our offense super bowl caliber. Two legitimate TE's. Two great options on the outside and a top 5 running game.

          However, you did destroy the depth we had built on the o-line, but that's a small price to pay for such a stacked offense and the much needed injection of youth into our defense.

          I could live with that.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
            I wouldn't mind that

            You added youth to our defense is Carrington and E.Thomas, both in the secondary and d-line. That's where we're thin, so good job there.

            Also, adding Olsen makes our offense super bowl caliber. Two legitimate TE's. Two great options on the outside and a top 5 running game.

            However, you did destroy the depth we had built on the o-line, but that's a small price to pay for such a stacked offense and the much needed injection of youth into our defense.

            I could live with that.
            We would lose depth in the backfield so I wouldn't put us at a top 5 running game. Even though Willis don't play a lot when he does he does good. You would have to hope whoever takes Gaithers spot steps up and plays at least close to his level or teams with good pass rush will eat us alive. Overall I can **** with it but I like having Willis out there with Rice
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

            John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
              We would lose depth in the backfield so I wouldn't put us at a top 5 running game. Even though Willis don't play a lot when he does he does good. You would have to hope whoever takes Gaithers spot steps up and plays at least close to his level or teams with good pass rush will eat us alive. Overall I can **** with it but I like having Willis out there with Rice
              We really wanted to get James Starks. He almost fell to us in the 5th but the Bills stole him from us just before we could take him.

              We figured that could be the one of the better young backfields in the NFL for an very low price.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                We really wanted to get James Starks. He almost fell to us in the 5th but the Bills stole him from us just before we could take him.

                We figured that could be the one of the better young backfields in the NFL for an very low price.
                Willis proved very effective late in the year and thats not something you can count on with a rookie. The running game is not a problem and shouldn't be tampered with.

                Magical sig by OSUGiants

                SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                Comment


                • If we were to move Willis, Ive full confidence in LeRon to step in and take some carries from Raymell. Hes a good compliment and Id like to see him get some more carries.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    If we were to move Willis, Ive full confidence in LeRon to step in and take some carries from Raymell. Hes a good compliment and Id like to see him get some more carries.
                    I wouldn't mind shipping McGahee away, especially for a 3rd. Mainly because he has a large contract, which he doesn't really deserve, now that he is a backup. Granted, he does play hard, but with such a talented draft, if someone offered a 3rd, I could see Ozzie pulling the trigger.

                    Financially it would be a great move and it's not going to hurt the backfield, as long as you bring in either a full-time fullback (so McClain can move to RB) or another RB to take over for McGahee.

                    hey, maybe Parmele can be that guy, he looked great on kick return last year. He's someone to lookout for in training camp. (if we do somehow trade McGahee)

                    Comment


                    • My new Ravens mock!
                      I like it a lot better than before.
                      A++++

                      (TRADE: RB, Willis McGahee, for a 4th round pick)
                      (TRADE: QB, Troy Smith, for a 6th round pick)



                      1st round: DT, Dan Williams, Tennessee.
                      2nd round: CB, Dominique Franks, Oklahoma.
                      4th round: TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami.
                      5th round: OLB, George Selvie, USF.
                      5th round: WR, Mike Williams, Syracuse.
                      6th round: FS, Van Eskridge, ECU.
                      6th round: QB, Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic.
                      Last edited by GoRavens; 04-01-2010, 06:57 PM.
                      GO RAVENS

                      Comment


                      • Do not trade Willis McGahee....thats such an awful idea.
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                        Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                          Do not trade Willis McGahee....thats such an awful idea.
                          Could not agree more!

                          Magical sig by OSUGiants

                          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                          Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                            My new Ravens mock!
                            I like it a lot better than before.
                            A++++

                            (TRADE: RB, Willis McGahee, for a 4th round pick)
                            (TRADE: QB, Troy Smith, for a 6th round pick)



                            1st round: DT, Dan Williams, Tennessee.
                            2nd round: CB, Dominique Franks, Oklahoma.
                            4th round: TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami.
                            5th round: OLB, George Selvie, USF.
                            5th round: WR, Mike Williams, Syracuse.
                            6th round: FS, Van Eskridge, ECU.
                            6th round: QB, Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic.
                            who would give up a 4th rounder for McGahee?

                            Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                            Do not trade Willis McGahee....thats such an awful idea.
                            say we got a 3rd or 4th for him, would you still want to keep him?

                            Comment


                            • I like McGahee, don't get me wrong.
                              But his upside is clearly on the decline. (29 years old)
                              He's sooo inconsistent, and if our O-line didn't open up massive holes, he wouldn't make much of an impact.
                              Trading him to a team that could use a powerful veteran wouldn't be a bad idea.
                              And there's a handful of teams that would love him.
                              1) Houston
                              2) Philadelphia
                              3) Cleveland
                              - Plus McClain is more powerful than McGahee, and I like what Jalen Parmele can do. (Big, Young & Explosive)
                              GO RAVENS

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                                say we got a 3rd or 4th for him, would you still want to keep him?
                                We're not gonna get a 3rd and 4th for him, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him. And if we got a 3rd and 4th maybe but I still dont like it, because it depletes the depth we have at RB.
                                HALL OF FAMER!
                                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                                Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information