Local Sports Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Sports Thread

Use this thread for all other Maryland(or surrounding area) non football sports talk (Terps, Wiz, Orioles etc)

The MD/VA/DC area has alot of representation in the NCAA tourney this year. Team with the best chance to win the NC from this area is Georgetown IMO. But you should all already know I am going to be riding with UMD til the end. FEAR THE TURTLE!

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
    Use this thread for all other Maryland(or surrounding area) non football sports talk (Terps, Wiz, Orioles etc)

The MD/VA/DC area has alot of representation in the NCAA tourney this year. Team with the best chance to win the NC from this area is Georgetown IMO. But you should all already know I am going to be riding with UMD til the end. FEAR THE TURTLE!
    Call me a homer but I have 6 of the 7 local teams making the sweet 16 imagine that, only left out GW cause they aren't good.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Enough basketball lets talk a seriously amazing sport........any Caps fans up in here?
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

What!?! GW is too good!
        But Maryland, Georgetown, and ODU should all do good. I find ODU really underated, despite losing to G Mason this year in the tourny

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

VCU Final 4 mark it down, and no ERU Hockey isn't my thing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

orioles!!!

Go Ravens!

Comment

I love the O's and the Terps.

O's: Prediction: Losing Season, but I could be wrong.

Terps Prediction: After beating Florida in the Sweet 16, they run out of steam and lose to Wisconsin in the Elite 8.

Georgetown: National Champions. I'm not THAT much of a Georgetown fan, but they have the best team in the tourney (only challenger, Ohio State). Notice I say TEAM! Teamwork is the key, and they have it.
              Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
              Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

Well lets take our local sports just a little farther what do you guys think about our Local High School Basketball and Football seasons for next year ? This Basketball season shaped up very nicely but its been a few years since we had a really great football team in the area that could compete outside the local area. Are any of you guys involved with the local youth leagues or High Schools to help develop the talent in the area ? Maybe one day we will be talking about the next Juan Dixon in Basketball or the next Tommy Polley in Football.

Comment

Originally posted by go_ravens94 View Post
                  I love the O's and the Terps.

O's: Prediction: Losing Season, but I could be wrong.

Terps Prediction: After beating Florida in the Sweet 16, they run out of steam and lose to Wisconsin in the Elite 8.

Georgetown: National Champions. I'm not THAT much of a Georgetown fan, but they have the best team in the tourney (only challenger, Ohio State). Notice I say TEAM! Teamwork is the key, and they have it.
                  Its hard being a Orioles fan aint it? I think we will finish 4th in hte division again, I have hopes of a .500 record. Our Pitching staff has improved some and we picked up guys like Aubrey Huff who should help our hitting. We always pick up mediocre players who will have little impact on our record. We need to spend a good amount of money and land some high caliber players, but we never do. GOD DAMN YOU PETER ANGELOS!

Comment

i think people are underestimating our spending spree on relief pitchers... i think it will have a profound affect on the season

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                      i think people are underestimating our spending spree on relief pitchers... i think it will have a profound affect on the season
                      That only matters if the starters can step up, if the guys in the bullpen have to start comin into games in the 4th inning every day/night they'll get worn down and useless as well. That being said I think the O's could maybe get to 500 baseball this year, but we still got some major holes such as who is gonna play 1b, and who is your DH. And don't tell me Jay Gibbons for either one of those positions cause Jay Gibbons will be injured and out for the year by the middle oy May.
                      HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Look dammit mark in down cause its going to happen: Orioles in the playoffs in 2007! Thats right I said it! Bedard, Loewen, Cabreras are going to have lights out years and with Chris Ray in the end closing its all she wrote. I'm tired of losing and so are they so its time to make a statement and this is the year!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          Look dammit mark in down cause its going to happen: Orioles in the playoffs in 2007! Thats right I said it! Bedard, Loewen, Cabreras are going to have lights out years and with Chris Ray in the end closing its all she wrote. I'm tired of losing and so are they so its time to make a statement and this is the year!

Love your optimism, but doubt the realistic possibility that we can compete with the Yanks and Sox, or even the Jays.
                          HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                            Love your optimism, but doubt the realistic possibility that we can compete with the Yanks and Sox, or even the Jays.
                            Maybe the Jays...
                            Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                            Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

Dammit I'm serious about the O's. Leo Mazzone has got the starters for a whole spring training and no interruption for the World Baseball Classic and it will be a major difference! Besides the Red Sox and Yankees will be concerned about each other and BAM we sneak in under the radar and thats all she wrote. Sam Perlozzo is going to get them ready and pushing to old school tactics about hit and runs and base stealing. The Oriole Way is coming back and it about damn time!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information