Free Agent Cornerbacks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
    Has anyone heard anything negative in the last few weeks leading up to the draft from Ozzie about Webb and Washington's knees? Last I read from Webb he was progressing well and should be ready for training camp and Washington was on a similar time table. Obviously we need an insurance plan with a veteran but I haven't heard anything to put us in a state of panic...
    All I've read is that they're both ahead of schedule in their rehab. I'm confident that Washington will be read to go by the start of the season, but Webb is the one I'm worried about because of the timing of his injury.

Comment

Even if they are ahead of schedule, isn't it pretty much guaranteed that they won't be ready by week 1?

So, Carr and Foxworth will be the likely starters the first 1-4 games. I'm definitely forgetting someone right?

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
        Even if they are ahead of schedule, isn't it pretty much guaranteed that they won't be ready by week 1?

So, Carr and Foxworth will be the likely starters the first 1-4 games. I'm definitely forgetting someone right?
        Where are you getting it's pretty much guaranteed they won't be ready? And no, you'e not forgetting someone. However, our first six games aren't against teams that we have to fear their passing attacks. They are the Jets, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Broncos, and Patriots. Out of those six the Bengals are the team to worry about IMO, with the Patriots in second. The other four teams don't scare me much. The Jets will be without Holmes, and I don't really think any of their other receiving threats (Braylon possibly) will hurt us. There isn't much to say about the Browns and Broncos, especially the latter with the losses of Scheffler and Marshall. The Steelers will be without Roethlisberger and as we know they got rid of their best receiving weapon against us in the past couple of years in Holmes.

I don't think that both Webb and Washington will be on the PUP list to open the season (if either of them), so by the Patriots game we should be better. Not to mention what should be an improved pass-rush from our defense will help our secondary. I'm not really worried about the secondary. Partly because I have confidence that Washington and/or Webb will be ready to go by week one, and partly because there isn't much else the team can do now :).

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
          Where are you getting it's pretty much guaranteed they won't be ready? And no, you'e not forgetting someone. However, our first six games aren't against teams that we have to fear their passing attacks. They are the Jets, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Broncos, and Patriots. Out of those six the Bengals are the team to worry about IMO, with the Patriots in second. The other four teams don't scare me much. The Jets will be without Holmes, and I don't really think any of their other receiving threats (Braylon possibly) will hurt us. There isn't much to say about the Browns and Broncos, especially the latter with the losses of Scheffler and Marshall. The Steelers will be without Roethlisberger and as we know they got rid of their best receiving weapon against us in the past couple of years in Holmes.

I don't think that both Webb and Washington will be on the PUP list to open the season (if either of them), so by the Patriots game we should be better. Not to mention what should be an improved pass-rush from our defense will help our secondary. I'm not really worried about the secondary. Partly because I have confidence that Washington and/or Webb will be ready to go by week one, and partly because there isn't much else the team can do now :).
          what I meant by that is that it is unrealistic that both will be be ready to play come week 1. They both tore there ACL's mid season so it should take em up until mid season of this year to fully recover, but I know little about injuries and recovery time so I'm probably wrong.

Comment

Ken Lucas is a guy we have shown interest in in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring him in at some point. Not a bad player, just a cap casualty down in Carolina, became expendable when Marshall matured. I'd be alright with bringing him in.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

yeah, Lucas is Bly I'm down for. As long as Frank Walker isn't wearing a Ravens jersey, I'm fine.

I also wouldn't be opposed to us giving Mike Mickens a shot, I liked him coming out of college.

Comment

So there's this baller, still unsigned from my knowledge, that I'd love Baltimore to grab.
                1) Quintez Smith: 5'11 190, Shaw College. Super talented small school dude with great potential.The man led D2 in picks and pick yardage (9 picks, 4 TDs!!) He was an awesome playmaker and he's got good size for the NFL. If anyone has any news on this guy please let me know.

Last edited by GoRavens; 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM.
                GO RAVENS

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information