Next Defensive Coordinator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Defensive Coordinator

Well we all know that Rex Ryan will be a hot comodity after this season to replace the next bumbling idiot coach in the NFL and put them on track to success much like others that have come through Baltimore (Jack Del Rio, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan). So with that known who do you think will be the next in line to step into Rex Ryans shoes and lead and innovate our defense ?

why did u bring this up, i luv Rex Ryan and the thought of him leaving pains me. He is a big part of the reason why our defense is ranked #1 and for him to leave will hurt the organazation,players, and fans. If he does leave(god forbid) i want us to sign his brother Rob Ryan! IMO we should resign him

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
    #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
    I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Jeff Fitzgerald will be the next DC, and I can't wait, he has been arund Rex learning from him since he got here and he loves to blitz, gonna be awesome!!
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        Jeff Fitzgerald will be the next DC, and I can't wait, he has been arund Rex learning from him since he got here and he loves to blitz, gonna be awesome!!
        i wouldn't mind him either

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
        #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
        I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Well lets see we always fill that position from within so it would likely be one of these current coaches:

Clarence Brooks - Defensive Line Coach
          Jeff Fitzgerald - Linebackers Coach
          Mark Carrier - Secondary Coach
          Dennis Thurman - Secondary Coach

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc View Post
            why did u bring this up, i luv Rex Ryan and the thought of him leaving pains me. He is a big part of the reason why our defense is ranked #1 and for him to leave will hurt the organazation,players, and fans. If he does leave(god forbid) i want us to sign his brother Rob Ryan! IMO we should resign him
            Where did you get the impression I want him to leave ????????????

He didnt interview for the Chargers job by accident ! Next year its not a matter of us wanting to have him back.. You want to build a quality organization then you have to let your great coaches move on to bigger and better things... He wants to be a Head Coach just like any of the others on the Team... I love Rex Ryan as our D-Co but to think he is going to stay just cause he has a good defense is absurd.. the only reason he comes back is because he gets offered a spot that wouldnt allow him to be successful...

Comment

Originally posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc View Post
              While Rob would be a decent fit, unless Kiffen releases him next year he will continue to stay with the Raiders or get a head coaching opprotunity, you can't hire assistants from other teams.

It is almost assured that we will be promoting from within since it shows that we have loyalty to our coaches who got us this far and makes it easier to replace the positional coaches if they know they will get a chance to be a coordinator later on.

I think that Clarence Brooks might be first in line to try his hand at defensive coordinator, then a few years later Fitzgerald. I think it would be awesome to have Fitzgerald be a coordinator and then let Ray become a Linebackers coach once he retires if he would want, start off with just the inside linebackers, then move to the linebackers, and eventually to a coordinator position.

Comment

Jeff FitzGerald is our next D-Coordinator.
                Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

Then again I may have to throw my name in their because lets face it we need to stay focused on winning the Super Bowl and dammit my defense would punish the other teams and score! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

its between Fitzgerald and Carrier for me,,,i love Carriers passion for the game and Fitzgerald may have the better mind..and anoother guy who could be thrown into the mix is Donnie Henderson if he wanted to come back, maybe not as a DC but as a positions Coordinator

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
                      its between Fitzgerald and Carrier for me,,,i love Carriers passion for the game and Fitzgerald may have the better mind..and anoother guy who could be thrown into the mix is Donnie Henderson if he wanted to come back, maybe not as a DC but as a positions Coordinator
                      I love Mark Carrier as well but he's to inexperienced in this system to be considered I think.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

when Ray retires I wouldnt mind offering him a LB coach job, then develope him into our d-coordinator if he is smart enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
                          man, you took the words out of my mind

i really like carrier

Go Ravens!

Comment

I think we might get a large selection of outside candidates being the quality of Talent we have on Defense. I think we will have be getting Position coaches that are ready to move to the Coordinator spot all over the league that will want to interview.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information