Tony Pashos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Pashos

what kind of OL is my team getting, does he have upside? pass blocker,run blocker. etc?

big ups to Sf49ers1121

In my opinion, Tony Pashos was without a doubt he most improved Raven last year. He had a great season for us. I feel he's pretty well rounded, but if I had to choose, I would definitely say he's a better pass blocker than run blocker. He's huge at 6'7", 335 pounds, and his footwork has been improving every year. He's got upside to get better. One of his weaknesses is he has a tendency to false start often. But obviously that's just a concentration thing.

People who haven't seen him play probably feel he was overpaid, but if he plays for the Jags like he played for us last year, than he'll turn out to be a very nice signing.

Comment

I am not sure how your guys contract is set up with him, but it sounds like you are getting ripped off, but he is average at best

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I am not sure how your guys contract is set up with him, but it sounds like you are getting ripped off, but he is average at best
        i totally disagree

Comment

really how good do you think he can improve to?

Comment

He was down right awful up until his contract year last year, then he was a decent RT but he'll never be anywhere near worth what you paid him.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              really how good do you think he can improve to?
              he wasn't average last year. he was good. he showed outstanding improvement. he's 26 years old and has perfect size for a tackle. he also has decent athleticism for am man his size. there's no doubt he can get better.

its like i said, if he plays like he did last year its a solid deal.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                He was down right awful up until his contract year last year, then he was a decent RT but he'll never be anywhere near worth what you paid him.
                I agree 100%.
                Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

He will be a great OT for you guys, he went up against so many elitle DE's last year and was still part of the o-line that gave up the least sacks in team history. - DE's that he went up against

Derrick Burgges
                  Aaron Schobel - not the whole game
                  Julius Peppers
                  Will Smith - not an elitle DE but had 10.5 sacks
                  Joey Porter
                  Kyle Vanden Bosch
                  Luis Castlio
                  Justin Smith

We lost a huge part of our o-line and I really wanted us to re-sign him even if it meant the departure of Adalius Thomas. and thats saying somthing!

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
                  #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
                  I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Originally posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc View Post
                    He will be a great OT for you guys, he went up against so many elitle DE's last year and was still part of the o-line that gave up the least sacks in team history. - DE's that he went up against

Derrick Burgges
                    Aaron Schobel - not the whole game
                    Julius Peppers
                    Will Smith - not an elitle DE but had 10.5 sacks
                    Joey Porter
                    Kyle Vanden Bosch
                    Luis Castlio
                    Justin Smith

We lost a huge part of our o-line and I really wanted us to re-sign him even if it meant the departure of Adalius Thomas. and thats saying somthing!
                    These "Great" expectations are a bit far-fetched. You're getting a decent offensive tackle that just finally was able to start last year. You overpaid for his services but that's what the market was dictating so you guys did what you had to do. One year does not make a player great and especially an ex-Raven because we all have seen that once they leave the nest they seem to stumble and fall. Good luck with Tony but don't expect the world.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information