Scotts New Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotts New Mock

So what does everyone think of this ? I like us still going OL feel comfortable with him... but not wowed by him. Lots of people that have been in the 1st all off season falling off the face of the planet in this mock...namely Jarvis Moss ? I know he is a total tweener, though I still think he is going to make a very good OLB/DE for someone...

Scott's Mock As Of 4/18

Rd 1= Ryan Kalil C, USC

Love the pick, it would allow us to keep Chester at OG where he played very well last year, and Kalil could start right away thus ridding us of Mike Flynn forever.

Rd 2= Quentin Moses DE/OLB, Georgia

Absolutely love this pick, a guy who in my mind is Top 15 talent, just needs motivation, and what better place for a defensive player to get motivated then at the side of Ray Lewis!
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

well if Newsome says Chester will be a C I would prefer Grubbs and slide Brown to RG and put Vincent on the bench.

About the 2nd pick, Moses has top 10 pick potential, if Ray can motivate him we have another steal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        well if Newsome says Chester will be a C I would prefer Grubbs and slide Brown to RG and put Vincent on the bench.

About the 2nd pick, Moses has top 10 pick potential, if Ray can motivate him we have another steal.
        So in other words you want to bring in a draft pick to start and then move 2 players into different positions then the ones they made vast improvements in just to draft a prospect you prefer?

I like Ryan Kalil and he would be a solid piece on the offensive line for the next 8-12 years. Moses would be a good compliment on our defense but I don't see the need of Ray Lewis alone as motivation. Ray no longer defines our defense, when a guy comes in on defense he's responsible to the entire defense and its decorated tradition. Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, CMac, or even Trevor Pryce would snatch a guy up who didn't do his job not Ray Lewis alone.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

The center position is not a position with players that will wow you so you lack of enthusiasm for Kalil is understandable. Centers should be seen and not heard from as well the entire offensive line, the only time you hear their names is on penalties. Kalil would be a solid addition to our line and most likely would be a staple there for the next 8-12 years.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Kalil will probably be a probowl center within a year or 2, he is a quality guy and if he had his skill set and played LT he would be a top 10 pick

Comment

well Newsome said Chester can be a C plus I think it is a little bit of me just loving Grubbs.

Comment

well Newsome said Chester can be a C plus I think it is a little bit of me just loving Grubbs.
                Yes we are aware to the fact that Chester played Center at Oklahoma as we are equally aware of your apparent mancrush on Ben Grubbs.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I guess Kalil will be good if Chester would play RG.

Comment

I guess Kalil will be good if Chester would play RG.
                    You learn well young Padawan.... :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Merged this thread with the thread on Kalil.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I like Kalil a lot, and I want him on the team. Only thing that makes it sort of bad is that Chester is supposed to be our C of the future, although I thought he was a very good guard when he played. It makes our line more set...
                        LT - Terry
                        LG - Brown
                        C - Kalil
                        RG - Chester
                        RT - Mysterious enigma

Moses is a great player, but I'd rather have his teamate Charles Johnson there. We have Cody, 2nd rounder 2 years ago. He should be a solid backup. And we're paying JJohnson starters money. And JJohnson is only 2 years older than Moses anyways. CJohnson can gradually gain weight till he's about 285-290 in the Charles Grant range and he can play WDE in the 3-4. Or, I'd like IAFrancis, Brandon Siler, James Marten, Josh Beekman, Marshall Yanda.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                          I like Kalil a lot, and I want him on the team. Only thing that makes it sort of bad is that Chester is supposed to be our C of the future, although I thought he was a very good guard when he played. It makes our line more set...
                          LT - Terry
                          LG - Brown
                          C - Kalil
                          RG - Chester
                          RT - Mysterious enigma

Moses is a great player, but I'd rather have his teamate Charles Johnson there. We have Cody, 2nd rounder 2 years ago. He should be a solid backup. And we're paying JJohnson starters money. And JJohnson is only 2 years older than Moses anyways. CJohnson can gradually gain weight till he's about 285-290 in the Charles Grant range and he can play WDE in the 3-4. Or, I'd like IAFrancis, Brandon Siler, James Marten, Josh Beekman, Marshall Yanda.
                          I would SO buy that jersey! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I like the player, but not the value. I'd much rather see us trade down if he (Kalil) was the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                              I like the player, but not the value. I'd much rather see us trade down if he (Kalil) was the pick.
                              A staple on the offensive line for the next decade is not worth the 29th pick? I'm sorry I don't understand your logic on that one.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information