This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    Yay I'm so excited. I get to watch a guy run with his head down into the backs of his lineman.
    They're gonna go with Gary Douglas anyway, Meggett will still be the change of pace back.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• So if/when Ralph is fired, who do you want to see brought in as head coach?

Personally I'd like to consider Mike Tice. Former Terp with NFL head coaching success. No experience at the college level but at the very least he should improve recruiting based on his NFL ties alone.

Comment

• Fridge coming back next year...its official...great....

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
          Fridge coming back next year...its official...great....
          cant afford to let him go. it would only be $2 mil to buy out his contract next year but this year its simply way too much money. i want to see him gone as soon as possible at this point but i am not surprised that hes going to be around another year

Comment

• Oh I'm not really surprised either, I realize the money involved. It just sucks that MD fans are subject to watching this pathetic trash again for another year. If Ralph really wanted to do what was best for the school he would retire, or negotiate a lower buyout that the school could afford.

2-10? That is a disgrace...he just should not be able to keep his job after this year. Yow is just as big of an idiot for signing him to this contract and naming Franklin the coach in waiting without him ever doing anything first.

Comment

• Let Frig go and sign Mike Leach!!!!! Bring in a legit coach who can recruit in Texas and watch Maryland rule the ACC and the East Coast... Leach is perfect shot in the arm for Maryland. We have horses here to give Leach something to start with and let him recruit us a QB and have a large university backing and we could have the makings of a UF or a UT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                Let Frig go and sign Mike Leach!!!!! Bring in a legit coach who can recruit in Texas and watch Maryland rule the ACC and the East Coast... Leach is perfect shot in the arm for Maryland. We have horses here to give Leach something to start with and let him recruit us a QB and have a large university backing and we could have the makings of a UF or a UT!!
                Too bad we've already named our next head coach once Fridge is done.

James Franklin will be the next HC.

Comment

• Who's the next freak athlete to come out of Maryland after Campbell?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    Who's the next freak athlete to come out of Maryland after Campbell?
                    Torrey Smith is a beast. He went under the radar in the ACC this year having been overshadowed by Spillers numbers and the fact that Maryland sucked but Smith finished the year with 2,192 all purpose yards.

As a freshman he broke the ACC kick return record with 1089 yards and as a sophomore this year he broke his own record.

Ive heard that he runs the 40 in the low 4.3s at 6'1 200 lbs.

After that, keep your eye out for matt furstenberg. big te that should get a chance next year to contribute as a true soph.
                    Last edited by DiG; 01-01-2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• What can you guys tell me FS Kenny Tate?

I know he was a highly rated WR who they moved to safety but I haven't really watched him play. He looks like he could be another physical freak from the Terp program. What kind of player is he?

Comment

• OK... Now that Frig is clearly on his way out and my first choice for a replacement Mike Leach is rumored to be on the short list of replacements...

What does everyone thing about the potential to bring a wide open and explosive offense to UMD?

Plus with Franklin leaving and he offered so many assistants spots at Vandy we are shorthanded vs East Carolina... do we still win our bowl game?

Comment

• Is Danny O'Brien staying at UMD? I really like watching him play and I think he is the tits

Comment

• he damn well better be staying. kid is the best qb weve had at md in a long time. i think he'll lose torrey but i dont think itll slow him down too much. especially in a mike leach offense if thats who takes over.

Comment

• I think O'Brien is going to be a legit pro prospect. The only thing that would worry me if i was a maryland fan is that he would transfer because Leach's offense has no track record of putting QBs in the pros. Im not saying O'Brien cannot overcome that because he does look like a very good pro prospect but the stigma of Leach's spread offense might really hurt his draft status.

Comment

• Well its going to be Edsall's team and NOT leach... I think O'Brien will be hanging around then. We need Torrey Smith to come back though..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information