Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noles? Yuck. Terps baby, I was really hoping Portis would come out of training camp the starter but it looks like its Steffy's job. I almost also bummed out to hear Alex Wujiack is out for the season.

Comment

So whos getting drafted this year
      Crummey, Haynos, and Moore are close to locks, but what about Keon and Lance?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
        So whos getting drafted this year
        Crummey, Haynos, and Moore are close to locks, but what about Keon and Lance?
        I think Keon is in for a big year. I actually like him more than Ball but I am usually in the minority with that opinion. Word is Keon has been showing up Lance in camp. If Keon can put up a big year he has pretty good measurables I could see him getting picked late. I could see both him and Ball get picked actually. I think if Heyward-Bey continues what he started last year he could end up declaring and at 6'3 and running as fast as he does he could easily be a first round pick. Same goes with Erin Henderson a big year from him could cause him to declare and be a first rounder. I fully expect Dre Moore to set the combine on fire and work himself into a first day pick if not first rounder. Maryland is notorious for our work out warriors and athletic freaks, and I think Dre will be that guy this year.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
          Yea he could have, from what I heard he wasn't being told he was a definite 1st rounder so he decided to go back because he would have been IMO the top OT prospect next year especially after the combine.

Ravens should take him in the 4th of the Supplemental.

Dam, I almost called that one right.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            I think Keon is in for a big year. I actually like him more than Ball but I am usually in the minority with that opinion. Word is Keon has been showing up Lance in camp. If Keon can put up a big year he has pretty good measurables I could see him getting picked late. I could see both him and Ball get picked actually. I think if Heyward-Bey continues what he started last year he could end up declaring and at 6'3 and running as fast as he does he could easily be a first round pick. Same goes with Erin Henderson a big year from him could cause him to declare and be a first rounder. I fully expect Dre Moore to set the combine on fire and work himself into a first day pick if not first rounder. Maryland is notorious for our work out warriors and athletic freaks, and I think Dre will be that guy this year.
            Consider us on the same page Keon is better than Lance!

Also I don't hold out much hope for this UMD season (I know that shocks everyone) but just look at it logically.......

We lost both of our starting OTs
            We lost Wesley Jefferson and David Holloway from the LB core
            Lost Conrad Bolston on the DL
            Lost Josh Wilson at CB
            Jordan Steffy sucks

I don't like what this adds up to.
            HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Consider us on the same page Keon is better than Lance!

Also I don't hold out much hope for this UMD season (I know that shocks everyone) but just look at it logically.......

We lost both of our starting OTs
              We lost Wesley Jefferson and David Holloway from the LB core
              Lost Conrad Bolston on the DL
              Lost Josh Wilson at CB
              Jordan Steffy sucks

I don't like what this adds up to.
              I dont think the losses to the LB core will be that big of a deal because our core group of guys seems to be pretty good right now with Henderson, Covington, Phillistin, Bullock, Moises etc. We seem to be pretty deep at LB. Bolston is a loss but Dre Moore is a better player and I think he will step up big time this year. Off your list of problems what worries me the most is the OT situation, we are going to have to rush in a young T to fill in for Gaither which could mean big problems. Jordan Steffy I like to think of is the Kyle Boller of the Terrapins, He was brought in to be the saving grace at QB and hes looked horrible when hes got his shot. From what Ive seen of training camp and spring practices he looks like hes more calm and confident in his throws which is key. I would persoonally rather see Portis starting because he has that dynamic running ability steffy doesnt have but I guess Steffy deserves his shot again after being rushed in as a fresh. I also think the loss of Josh is a huuuuuuuuuge deal but I think Isaiah Gardener can step up and I love our safety duo in JJ Justice and Christian Varner. I am not expecting a huge year but I think we will be middle of the pack in the ACC. I do not think this will be a throw a way year in the least bit though. We have some promising pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                I dont think the losses to the LB core will be that big of a deal because our core group of guys seems to be pretty good right now with Henderson, Covington, Phillistin, Bullock, Moises etc. We seem to be pretty deep at LB. Bolston is a loss but Dre Moore is a better player and I think he will step up big time this year. Off your list of problems what worries me the most is the OT situation, we are going to have to rush in a young T to fill in for Gaither which could mean big problems. Jordan Steffy I like to think of is the Kyle Boller of the Terrapins, He was brought in to be the saving grace at QB and hes looked horrible when hes got his shot. From what Ive seen of training camp and spring practices he looks like hes more calm and confident in his throws which is key. I would persoonally rather see Portis starting because he has that dynamic running ability steffy doesnt have but I guess Steffy deserves his shot again after being rushed in as a fresh. I also think the loss of Josh is a huuuuuuuuuge deal but I think Isaiah Gardener can step up and I love our safety duo in JJ Justice and Christian Varner. I am not expecting a huge year but I think we will be middle of the pack in the ACC. I do not think this will be a throw a way year in the least bit though. We have some promising pieces.

The only hope I have for Steffy is that maybe he'll be like Hill, McBrien, and Hollenbach, even though Hollenbach shouldn't be mentioned with those other 2, and he'll finally grasp the offense and take over and be serviceable enough to get 7 wins and a bowl game.
                HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Don't worry, Terps Basketball will be here soon enough to give us something to cheer for.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    Don't worry, Terps Basketball will be here soon enough to give us something to cheer for.

Not a basketball fan, especially college basketball. But Caps season is almost here.........GET CUP CRAZY!!!!
                    HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Not a basketball fan, especially college basketball. But Caps season is almost here.........GET CUP CRAZY!!!!
                      Hockey? What's that?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Hockey? What's that?
                        HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Hockey is the greatest sport on earth!!
                        HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Hockey is the greatest sport on earth!!
                          How can it be the greatest when nobody knows about it? I mean more people know about cricket the hockey......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Lance > Keon but both are good backs and one of the best duos in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                              Lance > Keon but both are good backs and one of the best duos in the country.
                              That duo in Clemson is probably the best in the ACC though.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

That duo in Clemson is probably the best in the ACC though.
                                Spiller Davis is probably the best duo in the league if not them than McFadden and Felix Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information