Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    looks like tejada will def be gone, and bedard will have a shot to go if we can get a lot of good prospects for him...

    weiters is goign to be ready by late next year or the start of the '09 season

    hopefully we can move mora and huff also, get a couple prospects...

    hopefully we can at least be fun to watch in the next year or two with young guys playing
    Wieters is a beast. I say trade Hernandez by midseason and resign Bako and by then Wieters should be ready.

    Hopefully Huff can be traded. He's seemed to have worn out his welcome. Also, on an somewhat related note, Melissa Midwest is very very hot.

    Mora is older and I think Scott Moore is ready to breakout and eventually Bill Rowell.

    Tejada is as good as gone. I've read that an extension is preferred for Bedard (good keep the LCC together).



    <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
      Wieters is a beast. I say trade Hernandez by midseason and resign Bako and by then Wieters should be ready.

      Hopefully Huff can be traded. He's seemed to have worn out his welcome. Also, on an somewhat related note, Melissa Midwest is very very hot.

      Mora is older and I think Scott Moore is ready to breakout and eventually Bill Rowell.

      Tejada is as good as gone. I've read that an extension is preferred for Bedard (good keep the LCC together).
      LCC?

      lefty canadian...??

      but yeah melissa is sexy ahahah

      who would play short for us? luis hernendez?

      thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

      Comment


      • The dodgers offer for Bedard is very intriguing, Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw are among the sames being tossed around.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
          The dodgers offer for Bedard is very intriguing, Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw are among the sames being tossed around.
          having kemp and markakis in the corners of the OF would be a solid foundation for years to come..

          throw in loney at first with moore playing 3rd

          kershaw, loewan, gutherie, cabrera, and either penn/buress/olsen would be an intriguing and possibly the youngest starting rotation

          thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

          Comment


          • throw in the possible trade for tejada to angels (possible names are santana, kendrick, bootcheck, o'sullivan) and we could be looking at a possible contending team in 2 - 3 years, added that weieters develops we would at least be fun to watch in the next couple years..

            id much rather goto the games to see a bunch of kids play then old men

            thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              The dodgers offer for Bedard is very intriguing, Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw are among the sames being tossed around.
              We should definitely try to keep Bedard, but that Dodgers offer is awfully tempting.

              Magical sig by OSUGiants

              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


              Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

              Comment


              • I'd love to ship Tejada to the Angels for at least Kendrick and Santana. I love Tejada, he's a great player and goes out and gives it his all every game, but he just hasn't been able to do anything to further the progress of the franchise. Get Bedard locked up, I don't care what it takes. Hernandez should be gone as well, I can't wait to see Wieters.

                Comment


                • Tejeda has to be gone before Spring Training, there's no doubt about that. But whats going to kill us is the Mitchell Report because lets face it he's likely on it as well as a few other O's. As for Wieters, he's having a great season in Hawaii but lets not rush him just yet.

                  Magical sig by OSUGiants

                  SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                  Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                  So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                  Comment


                  • The thing with Bedard is all signs seem to indicate he does not like playing in Baltimore and doesnt plan on resigning once his deals up. So if there is no chance we sign him long term we should probably get the best deal possible for him which would probably come from the Dodgers.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                      The thing with Bedard is all signs seem to indicate he does not like playing in Baltimore and doesnt plan on resigning once his deals up. So if there is no chance we sign him long term we should probably get the best deal possible for him which would probably come from the Dodgers.
                      No doubt if he wants out and the Dodgers keep that offer you jump all over it. But frankly we don't really know what he feels? The media is all over him because he doesn't like to talk and give interviews, and he isn't a very charasmatic individual. They give the impression that he doesn't want to be here, but frankly you can't blame him for that attitude in the past few years. Now that MacPhail is in charge, if Andy sits down with Erik and talks to him about the future plans and what not I think he can show Bedard why he should be here and why we need him here.

                      Magical sig by OSUGiants

                      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                      Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        No doubt if he wants out and the Dodgers keep that offer you jump all over it. But frankly we don't really know what he feels? The media is all over him because he doesn't like to talk and give interviews, and he isn't a very charasmatic individual. They give the impression that he doesn't want to be here, but frankly you can't blame him for that attitude in the past few years. Now that MacPhail is in charge, if Andy sits down with Erik and talks to him about the future plans and what not I think he can show Bedard why he should be here and why we need him here.
                        trembely has already made some strides with bedard as far as getting him to be more open and personable

                        but i agree with the above posters, if we cant resign him long term then lets take advantage of the dodgers ridiculously deep farm system

                        thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                          trembely has already made some strides with bedard as far as getting him to be more open and personable

                          but i agree with the above posters, if we cant resign him long term then lets take advantage of the dodgers ridiculously deep farm system
                          I'm advocating that if Bedard doesn't want to commit long term then by all means take the Dodgers offer. I'm saying lets stop assuming that he doesn't want to sign here long term just because the media makes it out to be that way.

                          Magical sig by OSUGiants

                          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                          Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                            I'd love to ship Tejada to the Angels for at least Kendrick and Santana. I love Tejada, he's a great player and goes out and gives it his all every game, but he just hasn't been able to do anything to further the progress of the franchise. Get Bedard locked up, I don't care what it takes. Hernandez should be gone as well, I can't wait to see Wieters.
                            I've met Bedard while he was on a rehab stint with Aberdeen a while ago. He is sarcastic and hilarious. While Trembley did make strides, Erik is Erik.

                            That Dodgers offer is ridiculous, and it addresses our needs (and MacPhail's wants) for a farm system and immediate help. I love Loney and Kershaw and I'd love to see both them, Kemp, and maybe Jon Meloan in a O's jersey in the near future. Honestly, we need a developing year.

                            As for Ervin Santana, he had a ****** year last season. They are deep too. I'd take a deal like Kendrick, Jeff Mathis, and Terry Evans.

                            As for Wieters, don't rush him. We don't want another Danny Cabrera.



                            <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                            Comment


                            • im kinda out of the loop on offseason talks.... who are our most likely partners in trades for tejada and/or bedard?


                              Go Ravens!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                                im kinda out of the loop on offseason talks.... who are our most likely partners in trades for tejada and/or bedard?
                                Bedard: Dodgers, Mets
                                Tejada: Angels



                                <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information