Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    damn i can take part of this discussion because im a giants fan.


    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

    Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm going to the Boston game tonight, hopefully we can break out of this tough 3 game losing streak.

      By the way, what's everyone's thought on Gary Thorne's comments? Saying that Curt Schilling's bloody sock was a hoax?

      And as for Sam Perlozzo, sure he isn't the greatest manager in the world, but without him we wouldn't have Leo Mazzone, so I try to take the good with the bad.
      Last edited by dcarey20; 04-26-2007, 03:52 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
        I'm going to the Boston game tonight, hopefully we can break out of this tough 3 game losing streak.

        By the way, what's everyone's thought on Gary Thorne's comments? Saying that Curt Schilling's bloody sock was a hoax?

        And as for Sam Perlozzo, sure he isn't the greatest manager in the world, but without him we wouldn't have Leo Mazzone, so I try to take the good with the bad.
        Even with Mazzone, who I love for our staff, Perlozzo's managing is atrocious and his lack of action on our glaring problems is costing us games. I was thinking about going to the game tonight but I feel miserable so I don't see it happening. I might though.....

        Magical sig by OSUGiants

        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


        Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          Even with Mazzone, who I love for our staff, Perlozzo's managing is atrocious and his lack of action on our glaring problems is costing us games. I was thinking about going to the game tonight but I feel miserable so I don't see it happening. I might though.....
          But the Mora bunting call in the 9th against OAK the other day wasn't Perlozzo. Mora saw the 3rd Baseman playing deep and thought he could score Patterson, but he bunted the ball the opposite way for the 1st out.

          Then Markakis struck out, which surprised me.

          I knew the game was over when Tejada came up. I was trying to communicate: "THIS PITCHER'S THROWING ALL OVER THE PLACE! WAIT FOR YOUR PITCH!"

          Of course, he swung at the first pitch and popped out.
          Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
          Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by go_ravens94 View Post
            But the Mora bunting call in the 9th against OAK the other day wasn't Perlozzo. Mora saw the 3rd Baseman playing deep and thought he could score Patterson, but he bunted the ball the opposite way for the 1st out.

            Then Markakis struck out, which surprised me.

            I knew the game was over when Tejada came up. I was trying to communicate: "THIS PITCHER'S THROWING ALL OVER THE PLACE! WAIT FOR YOUR PITCH!"

            Of course, he swung at the first pitch and popped out.
            I'm not blaming Sam for the Mora incident, in fact if he would have communicated it to Corey he probably could have scored. But Sam has not cracked down on the defensive problems, the lack of fundamental baseball, and ignoring the matchups last night with Walker/Ortiz and Bradford/Manny is another dagger. Not to mention the quagmire that is the Payton/Gibbons/Huff/Millar vieing for time is ridiculous. I love the O's but its getting hard to ignore these things and something needs to change.

            Magical sig by OSUGiants

            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


            Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              I'm not blaming Sam for the Mora incident, in fact if he would have communicated it to Corey he probably could have scored. But Sam has not cracked down on the defensive problems, the lack of fundamental baseball, and ignoring the matchups last night with Walker/Ortiz and Bradford/Manny is another dagger. Not to mention the quagmire that is the Payton/Gibbons/Huff/Millar vieing for time is ridiculous. I love the O's but its getting hard to ignore these things and something needs to change.
              I'm not saying Perlozzo is good, but he is semi-good and if we could get the baseball opposite of Perlozzo to co-manage... Anyway, Negative x Positive = POSITIVE!
              Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
              Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by go_ravens94 View Post
                I'm not saying Perlozzo is good, but he is semi-good and if we could get the baseball opposite of Perlozzo to co-manage... Anyway, Negative x Positive = POSITIVE!
                Umm remedial math for you:

                -8 x 8= -64

                A negative multiplied by a positive number will result in a negative number.

                Magical sig by OSUGiants

                SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                Comment


                • #23
                  I meant negative x negative = positive.
                  Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                  Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Alright Birds fans its finally happened, Sam Perlozzo has been fired! :D Now maybe this will point us in the right direction as opposed to staying in the AL East cellar.

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      it was only a matter of time, we are targeting Joe Girardi which makes me happy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i really doubt girardi takes the job though, ol georgey boy up in NY is all over his nuts for next in line for the yankees job...

                        but then again if the yanks keep playing like this torre will have his job at the end of the year

                        thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          All I can say is it's about time. Perlozzo is a nice guy but he was horrible this year.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Perlozzo was a good/great 3rd base coach, as a manager he was a bum.

                            Magical sig by OSUGiants

                            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                            Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              finally....
                              i hope we can still have him as a bench coach or something


                              Go Ravens!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                                All I can say is it's about time. Perlozzo is a nice guy but he was horrible this year.
                                yeah it truly is about time.

                                what do y'all think of bringing Eddie Murray back?



                                <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information