Undrafted Free Agents ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undrafted Free Agents ?

Now the draft is over who is left out there we should try and bring in as undrafted Free Agent Rookies ? There is a lot of Talent out there that didnt get drafted today like:

Walter Thomas DT: Great physical Prospect, needs a mentor to push him to improve technique and working in our conditioning programs to shed some weight he could be a BEAST !

Chase Johnson OT: A guy that some thought would go in the 4th or 5th round in some discussion ! Another physcial behemoth at 6'8 330lbs could be a great practice Team guy that is our OL Project.

Anthony Arline CB: Another guy that has the physical tools you like in a CB he is 6'2 and 200lbs and fast needs to improve technique and could help us in the return game or on special teams.

Tyrone Moss RB: From the U could be another Frank Gore not that we need a RB but we have always had a strong tradition of having a great backup at RB if our #1 went down (Preist Holmes, Chester Taylor). This guy had all the promise coming into school but it never came to fruition because of injury. Doesnt have the best agility but is a power low to the ground guy at 5'9 and 230lbs perfect 1 - 2 punch behind McGhee instead of Musa.

Those are just some of the players undrafted out there would like to see whom you guys think might be good signings for us !

Conrad Bolston, DT, Maryland

Maybe ILB Zach Latimer
    Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
    Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

Travarous Bain, Joe Newton(don't think he was drafted), Matt Trannon, Tony Franklin.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

The 2 I can think of right now are WR Matt Trannon and QB Matt Moore. Not that we need another QB, but with Olson getting time in europe, his arm is going to be tired come training camp. We need a guy who can come in and give us a few reps so the others can get rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          Travarous Bain, Joe Newton(don't think he was drafted), Matt Trannon, Tony Franklin.
          Newton has been picked up.

I want Walter Thomas badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
            The 2 I can think of right now are WR Matt Trannon and QB Matt Moore. Not that we need another QB, but with Olson getting time in europe, his arm is going to be tired come training camp. We need a guy who can come in and give us a few reps so the others can get rest.
            That is a bs excuse on the part about Olsen, not to be to brash or combative. QB's are throwing almost year round so Olsen will be fine come training camp. The beauty of him being in Europe is the exemption he gets come training camp so as to give us better looks at players who can stick around a little longer. Drew should not be an after thought to this team and Troy Smith has his work cut out for him to make an impression with this team. It will be hard to carry a multitude of QB's this year, I mean many teams including us only carry 2 QB's so its going to a spirited competition come summer for that spot.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Rhema McKnight, Brandon Myles, Matt Trannon and David Ball are 4 UDFA receivers that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                Rhema McKnight, Brandon Myles, Matt Trannon and David Ball are 4 UDFA receivers that I like.
                I like that Myles kid as well, hopefully we can land him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

It pains me to agree here but Big Dawg is correct. I mean it would be different if we were trying to trade Boller being that we probably won't resign him even though I think Boller is the Guy to take over for us. We can't carry 4 QB's on the Roster maybe we plan to put Troy on the practice squad ? I don't know what the plan might be, another scenario might be that we plan to trade Kyle before training camp so we can capture something for him like maybe a vet on the OL or maybe just a draft pick seeing how much Matt Schaub got in trade value. Then just carry Olsen as the back up and Troy Smith as the 3rd QB ? Who knows, but I don't see us getting another QB through rookie free agency..

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                    It pains me to agree here but Big Dawg is correct.

I knew you would come to the dark side sooner or later. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Don't get too cocky... though I like the Darth re: ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                        Don't get too cocky... though I like the Darth re: ....
                        I feel the force strengthening in this one....... :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

If you pick up a UDFA QB, that doesn't mean that he's going to make the team. It's a training camp arm and that's it. Not a guy to be the future QB of the team. You never want your top QB throwing too much in camp. The Ravens do this every year.

The Ravens are going to carry 3 QB's this year. That's pretty much a given. You can't put a talent like Troy Smith on the practice squad and expect him to stay there.

Comment

Thats if he makes the Team...thats not a 100% guarantee yet. His arm and athletic ability is just as good as Charlie Ward's coming out of college (which is not a bad thing) but his field vision is a little better. Charlie Ward though never played a down in the NFL and was not projected to make it in the NFL as more then a 3rd stringer.

I think he can and will make the Team but this all could be a ploy to push Boller and up his trade value before TC then slot Troy as the Backup.

Comment

I dont think there is anyway Troy Smith does not make the team. If it comes down to cutting him or Olsen, I think Olsen will be the one packing his bags.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information