The running game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The running game

It seems as though the focus of our whole offseason has been getting the running game back on track. That said, where does everyone think we will rank next season and perhaps even in '09, as I know some of the parts we just acquired may need time to develop?
    I have to believe we will at least be back in the top half of the league, my hope is top ten. My guess, barring injuries: 9th.

Whether Willis McGahee performs or not next year is make or break for us. To be honest I am kind of nervous. Hopefully running behind the beast of a man named Leron McClain helps him.

Comment

I'm expecting at least a 1300 yard season with 10 TD's from Willis. I'm confident that Adam Terry will make a nice transition to right tackle, and Grubbs will be rock solid at guard. And Charm City already mentioned Le'Ron McClain

Comment

we will def improve
        mcgahee is an improvement and our interior line will be stronger

Go Ravens!

Comment

I think that Willis will get at least 1,300-1,4500 yards
          and 10-13 TD's

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
            I think that Willis will get at least 1,300-1,4500 yards
            and 10-13 TD's
            Agree I think this is going to be Willis McGhee's breakout season. This will be a huge season for the Ravens in terms of rushing. I am thinking 2nd in the AFC behind San Diego, Denver I am thinking will have a drop off and KC will have a huge drop off losing keys points on the line the last two off seasons...and not replacing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              Whether Willis McGahee performs or not next year is make or break for us. To be honest I am kind of nervous. Hopefully running behind the beast of a man named Leron McClain helps him.
              While I love the McClain pick a lot has been said about featuring more of single back formations which obviously leaves no room for a fullback. Willis better grow accustomed to the I-formation cause thats Raven football!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I say anywhere between 1,150-1,300 yards and 8-9 td's. Nothing spectacular, but solid production. I'm really hoping that it was the line in Buffalo that made McGahee look like an average RB. Hopefully with the new additions we made in the run blocking department, Willis will take his game to the next level.

Comment

I think it was BUF's line. They had one year when they had a decent line when McGahee was there.

We'll have good production. McLain, Grubbs, & Yanda (with Ogden) will create new holes for McGahee to run through.
                  Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                  Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

I think we'll rank towards the bottomw of the NFL, Willis McGahee is not the answer. He is one of the most overrated RBs in the NFL, we should have traded for Thomas Jones, or traded up in the draft and got Marshawn Lynch.
                    HALL OF FAMER!
                    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Willis McGahee will get his 1000 yards and our running game will do better than last years. McGahee is more explosive than Jamal and our O-line should do the job.

Comment

We've definitely made strives to improve the run game. Grubbs and McGahee being the biggest signings of the offseason means that we should have enough holes for McGahee to run through. I think he will have a solid year, seeing as JL was pretty awful last year and still managed to have a decent year stats-wise. Let's just hope his character issues don't get in the way..

Comment

I am not sure about being overrated, but I do think Willis got a large raise for potential not for production. Though the one year that Buffalo had a good line he did put up good results. It would have been a great addition to get Thomas Jones or trade up and get Marshawn Lynch, the same could be said for us trading up and taking Brady Quinn and trading Kyle Boller to someone to add picks in the 3rd or 4th round. Hind sight is always 20/20, but I think Willis is going to be a great RB for us and give us explosion that Jamal NEVER had.

Comment

I agree Chef, I like how WIllis gives us explosion that Jamal didnt have recently.

Comment

Trading up to get Marshawn would have been a waste IMO. Plus I think if we traded up to 12 we woulda took Quinn. I sorta think Marshawn was a reach at 12 to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information