No announcement yet.

Free Agency/ Signings Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll be alright. Every year another guy steps up. Andre Davis 2 years ago, Justin Jenkins this year. It seems like we have a "mini dynasty" of ST. LOL.

Comment

Aiken is a top notch gunner. I would love to have him anytime

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

The main guys are Ryan Neufeld, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer and Mario Haggan who are all FA's.

I could see us signing Stamer and Haggan to small deals.

Comment

Peerless Price released

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5876
          What are your opinions on this?
          Does anyone know what the cap hit is?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Bills are interested in Crumpler

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=21

"My agent was getting so many phone calls that I thought it would easier just to go there and meet with everybody," Crumpler said by phone from Phoenix, where he has been working out, just before catching a flight to Indy. "I really didn't want to go to five or six cities around the country."

Crumpler listed at least seven teams that he might meet with: Green Bay, Buffalo, Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Tennessee.

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Bills formulating draft, free-agency plans

Bills formulating draft, free-agency plans
              By Allen Wilson NEWS SPORTS REPORTER
              Updated: 02/22/08 6:35 AM

INDIANAPOLIS — With the high number of players getting the franchise tag and others likely to be resigned by their teams, there could be slim pickings in the NFL free-agent market.

That means shoppers better be ready to pull the trigger when free agency begins next Friday.

“As more people get signed, more people get franchised, the size of the market dwindles,” Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron said Thursday, the first day of the NFL Scouting Combine. “And there won’t be a lot of guys out there, and the players that will won’t be out there for long. So you have to be organized, you have to know what you’re doing, you have to prioritize your needs, you’ve got to make the right decisions and be lucky.”

Eleven players had received franchise designations by the NFL deadline Thursday. One of them, Indianapolis tight end Dallas Clark, was re-signed. Cleveland also inked running back Jamal Lewis to an extension.

With the salary cap expected to increase from $109 million to $116 million nearly every team is going to have more money to spend.

The Bills fall in that category, but with a smaller free-agent pool they will have an increased sense of urgency to get something done quickly.

“In this salary cap era you have to be proactive with your planning process,” said Russ Brandon, the Bills’

chief operating officer. “And come the stroke of midnight [next Friday] everyone needs to be ready. We know how we want to approach free agency and we will be prepared to execute that plan.”

With fewer options in free agency, Jauron said the draft becomes more important. The Bills have enjoyed strong drafts the last two years.

“The combine is key for us in that regard because we have a chance to evaluate a lot of people in a short period of time,” he said. “The talent is here. We just have to find the people who are the right fit for us.”

Jauron acknowledged that wide receiver, a pass receiving tight end and run-stuffing defensive tackle are the Bills’ biggest needs.

Wide receiver and defensive tackle are two positions he’d like to address in free agency. The tight end position is up in the air. Robert Royal is the only proven one on the roster. The Bills did sign Teyo Johnson and Jauron wants to bring back Michael Gaines, an unrestricted free agent.

The Bills are looking for a receiver to start opposite Lee Evans. They also want a bigger target because their top four wideouts are under 6-foot.

Jauron didn’t mention any names, but Chicago’s Bernard Berrian, Jacksonville’s Ernest Wilford, Seattle’s D.J. Hackett, New Orleans’ Devery Henderson and Arizona’s Bryant Johnson fit that description.

“Nothing against the guys we have now because I like those guys,” Jauron said. “But a bigger receiver would be a little bit different addition to fill our offense out. That way, we give opponents a number of different looks and a number of different problems.”

Jauron also said the team wants a bigger defensive tackle who can hold gaps and occupy blockers. That class narrowed a bit with Albert Haynes-worth (Tennessee) and Corey Williams (Green Bay) getting franchised by their teams. But San Francisco’s Isaako Sopoaga is among the other candidates.

Jauron touched on a few other subjects Thursday:

He hopes quarterback J.P. Losman will return, though that is unlikely. His agent has indicated Losman wants to be traded.

“In terms of him wanting to be moved, it will be for us like it is with any other player,” Jauron said. “People can talk to us about it. But we’re not going to do anything that hurts our football team. J.P. doesn’t hurt us, he helps us. We would love to have him back and we think it’s in his benefit to come back and play whenever he gets the chance to perform. We’ll see where it all goes.”

Jauron denied reports out of Miami that the Bills were among the teams interested in middle linebacker Zach Thomas, who was released by the Dolphins. However, Jauron wouldn’t rule it out.

“I don’t think you should ever say you wouldn’t be interested in a player of that caliber and that character,” he said. “You always have to keep the avenues open and see what it’s all about.”

Comment

Bills pay Zack Thomas a visit

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...Thomas_A_Visit

Drew Rosenhaus, agent for Zack Thomas said today three more teams have offered to host a visit for the former Miami Dolphins middle linebacker. One of those teams, according to Rosenhaus, is the Buffalo Bills.

In an interview that aired on ESPN’s “NFL Live” show this afternoon, Rosenhaus said Thomas, recently released after 12 seasons with Miami, is currently in New Orleans visiting with the Saints. Thomas reportedly was offered a contract by the New England Patriots earlier in the week, although he left without signing a deal. Rosenhaus went on to say Thomas is scheduled to visit with Dallas next Monday and Houston on Tuesday. He then claimed the New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Buffalo Bills have contacted him in hopes of getting Thomas to visit.

Thomas, a four-time Pro Bowler recorded at least 100 tackles in each of his last six seasons before suffering from migraines with Miami in 2007. Still, Thomas will be 35-years old before the 2008 season kicks off and Buffalo has been on a clear cut youth movement over the past two seasons.

Still, it’s intriguing that Buffalo would show interest. While the odds of Buffalo being Thomas’ ultimate landing destination are extremely slim, it could mean the club is at least considering moving second year linebacker Paul Posluszny to the outside if they’re able to land another linebacker on the inside during the free agency period.

Rosenhaus said while his focus for the rest of the week is on the NFL Combine (he’s representing probable first round draft picks Kenny Phillips and Dan O’Connor among others), he would like to get Thomas signed with a new team before free agency opens on February 29.

Comment

i would love to have crumpler in buffalo
                  "it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!

Comment

Alge Crumpler > Robert Royal

Comment

great find bro, it really made me feal like we may make a big splash in free agency this year.
                      "it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!

Comment

I just love how up front they are about what they need to address. It makes me feel comfortable that they know we need a big WR, a recieving TE and a big run stuffer.

They should it's their job but still comforting.

Comment

A very possible and amazing option is:
                          FA: A.Crumpler (TE)
                          Rd1: M.Kelly (WR-OU)
                          Rd2: DL
                          ...that could solve many needs, yet not put us on a limb money-wise, and by far isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

Crumpler? eh. He seems to complain when he's not getting the ball and we don't exactly throw to the TE a whole lot. Could end up being bad for our locker room.

Comment

Crumpler doesn't really complain if the offense is doing good, only if it is failing. This was the first year he said anything.

As far as leadership, he is very good. Young players respect him and he says the truth without causing drama. Just has an air of respect around him, not like some players who you can hardly understand.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Well then, it's certainly a good thing the Bills offense doesn't go hand-in-hand with failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information