Free Agency/ Signings Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
    Well, we did sign Hangartner. Not much of a surprise, we really seemed to like him, it just felt like a player we would sign. I actually really like this. Not a huge signing that will make us feel immediately better about our line, but I like it a good deal.

- Does anybody have any figures on Fitzpatrick's or Hangartner's deals?
    Anyone could produce better than the dynamic duo we had at C last year, so I like it from that perspective. He is an upgrade, and his versatility is nice, but idk if he is starting caliber.......it seems like we are settling for mediocrity.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I don't really mind him to start. A lot of people seem to be treating this like a Jason Whittle signing, seeing a "versatile backup". It's much better than that. The draft has solid options, but we're taking care of needs however we can and I like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
        I don't really mind him to start. A lot of people seem to be treating this like a Jason Whittle signing, seeing a "versatile backup". It's much better than that. The draft has solid options, but we're taking care of needs however we can and I like this one.
        No he isn't much better than that, He's a backup OC with little potential to be much more.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Well I see him as an average starting OC with little potential to be much more. Nothing great, but a definite improvement and passable starter. Is that settling for mediocrity? Yeah, could be, especially on a line as weak as our own. But I like what we're getting here and guess I just feel a little more comfortable than most with him at the pivot.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information