Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion & Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
    So far so good. Of course our OL is a sieve and we don't have a franchise QB and we won't be a contender again next year but there is always eternal hope.
    Yeah, about that...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
      Can we just have both?..
      I wish....
      "It must be contract year!"

      Deion Sanders

      Comment


      • #33
        Now that Dareus is on board (Poz51 Smiles, and was giddy last night...), I think they have a great chance to continue building in round 2.

        Personally I want Rudolph ("banging the table"), I think his ability to block and improve in that department, in addition to his catching ability and being a threat in the passing game would do wonders for the offense, but for the first time in almost two decades the Bills took the guy I thought was the best pick in the draft for them, so I am not going to push my luck...

        Daquan Bowers? Brooks Reed? Martez Wilson? Justin Houston? Akeem Ayers?
        or do they grab a Ryan Mallett, Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick?

        I like the thought of adding Reed myself, and Sheppard in round 3 or 4, although I really like the thought of going Rudolph then Sheppard with our next two picks (as long as they are there), as it would give us 3 starters with our first three picks, the defense would improve, as would the offense...

        Although a draft of Dareus, Reed, and Sheppard would be huge defensively.
        Last edited by Poz51; 04-29-2011, 07:43 AM.
        "It must be contract year!"

        Deion Sanders

        Comment


        • #34
          I think Dareus and Brooks Reed would compeltely transform this defense. I really like our line if Troup develops, I think Kyle Williams can handle end.

          Dareus-Troup-Williams

          Thats a great line right there. Get Brooks Reed in to upgrade the pass rush and we are looking much better. Will take some pressure off the corners too and I think McKelvin will step up. Playing CB for the Bills was a nightmare last year (you need to creep in to help out our god awful run D and when you are in coverage, you know that QB is going to have all day). All in all, we can get better on defense during these 3 days, a lot better.

          Offense will still blow, which is a blessing in disguise. I don't see us winning more than 6 games next year and hopefully we can get a piece of the stud QB class next year. We wont get Luck, but add Barkley or Foles and pick up a LT in the 2nd and we could be in business. Things are looking up for the Buffalo Bills. God, thats the first time I said that in awhile.......
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Poz51 View Post
            Now that Dareus is on board (Poz51 Smiles, and was giddy last night...), I think they have a great chance to continue building in round 2.

            Personally I want Rudolph ("banging the table"), I think his ability to block and improve in that department, in addition to his catching ability and being a threat in the passing game would do wonders for the offense, but for the first time in almost two decades the Bills took the guy I thought was the best pick in the draft for them, so I am not going to push my luck...

            Daquan Bowers? Brooks Reed? Martez Wilson? Justin Houston? Akeem Ayers?
            or do they grab a Ryan Mallett, Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick?

            I like the thought of adding Reed myself, and Sheppard in round 3 or 4, although I really like the thought of going Rudolph then Sheppard with our next two picks (as long as they are there), as it would give us 3 starters with our first three picks, the defense would improve, as would the offense...

            Although a draft of Dareus, Reed, and Sheppard would be huge defensively.
            There are really SOO many options for this pick..

            Rudolph would kill but shoring up the pass rush needs to take priority and thats why I am thinking Reed.

            But you mention Wilson, Houston, and Ayers..

            I wonder who the FO considers to be the top pass rusher at this point?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              I think Dareus and Brooks Reed would compeltely transform this defense. I really like our line if Troup develops, I think Kyle Williams can handle end.

              Dareus-Troup-Williams

              Thats a great line right there. Get Brooks Reed in to upgrade the pass rush and we are looking much better. Will take some pressure off the corners too and I think McKelvin will step up. Playing CB for the Bills was a nightmare last year (you need to creep in to help out our god awful run D and when you are in coverage, you know that QB is going to have all day). All in all, we can get better on defense during these 3 days, a lot better.

              Offense will still blow, which is a blessing in disguise. I don't see us winning more than 6 games next year and hopefully we can get a piece of the stud QB class next year. We wont get Luck, but add Barkley or Foles and pick up a LT in the 2nd and we could be in business. Things are looking up for the Buffalo Bills. God, thats the first time I said that in awhile.......
              I completely agree

              Comment


              • #37
                Do any of you guys think Ijalana would be worth it at this point? or who are you liking of the OT's remaining?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  I think Dareus and Brooks Reed would compeltely transform this defense. I really like our line if Troup develops, I think Kyle Williams can handle end.

                  Dareus-Troup-Williams

                  Thats a great line right there. Get Brooks Reed in to upgrade the pass rush and we are looking much better. Will take some pressure off the corners too and I think McKelvin will step up. Playing CB for the Bills was a nightmare last year (you need to creep in to help out our god awful run D and when you are in coverage, you know that QB is going to have all day). All in all, we can get better on defense during these 3 days, a lot better.

                  Offense will still blow, which is a blessing in disguise. I don't see us winning more than 6 games next year and hopefully we can get a piece of the stud QB class next year. We wont get Luck, but add Barkley or Foles and pick up a LT in the 2nd and we could be in business. Things are looking up for the Buffalo Bills. God, thats the first time I said that in awhile.......
                  I would agree but only if we can convince Ralph Wilson to keep our impact players on the roster when they become FA's. In the past, he has let our stars go to other teams as soon as he had to pay them serious money.
                  I'm not convinced he has the will to win any longer and I'm afraid, we will just have to wait till he passes the team on to somebody else who has the determination to succeed.
                  And proud of it!!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    I would agree but only if we can convince Ralph Wilson to keep our impact players on the roster when they become FA's. In the past, he has let our stars go to other teams as soon as he had to pay them serious money.
                    I'm not convinced he has the will to win any longer and I'm afraid, we will just have to wait till he passes the team on to somebody else who has the determination to succeed.
                    Jason Peters is really the only guy in recent memory who fits what you're describing and he clearly wanted more money than he was worth and started rocking the boat.

                    BK

                    Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      Jason Peters is really the only guy in recent memory who fits what you're describing and he clearly wanted more money than he was worth and started rocking the boat.
                      What about Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield in their prime, both all pro CB's when they left via FA.
                      Philly didn't think Peters wasn't worth the money, name another team that let these kind of foundation players just walk away. Peters simply wanted to be paid the going rate for a top LT in the NFL and Ralph refused to pay him accordingly. That is Ralph's track record in the Cap era which is why it has been so long since we have been a serious contender in the NFL. He's cheap, cheap and more cheap.
                      And proud of it!!!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        What about Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield in their prime, both all pro CB's when they left via FA.
                        Philly didn't think Peters wasn't worth the money, name another team that let these kind of foundation players just walk away. Peters simply wanted to be paid the going rate for a top LT in the NFL and Ralph refused to pay him accordingly. That is Ralph's track record in the Cap era which is why it has been so long since we have been a serious contender in the NFL. He's cheap, cheap and more cheap.
                        Winfield yes. Pat Williams yes. Clements no way! Not that I didn't love the guy while he was a Bill, but in all honesty, would you have really wanted to keep him with a similar sized contract to the one he got from the 49ers?..

                        And with Peters we got got compensation so losing him was not all that bad.

                        But I do get what your saying. We do need to stop drafting to fill holes.
                        Last edited by ruthlessrussian; 05-01-2011, 05:03 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...448-in-january

                          I think you got yourself a steal

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            What about Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield in their prime, both all pro CB's when they left via FA.
                            Philly didn't think Peters wasn't worth the money, name another team that let these kind of foundation players just walk away. Peters simply wanted to be paid the going rate for a top LT in the NFL and Ralph refused to pay him accordingly. That is Ralph's track record in the Cap era which is why it has been so long since we have been a serious contender in the NFL. He's cheap, cheap and more cheap.
                            I'll agree with you on Winfield, but Nate Clements was horribly overpaid, top teams like New England, Philadelphia and the Giants would have done the exact same thing, that was just too much money tied into one player who wasn't worth it, that's not being cheap.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              Riiight?

                              Really, for a 7th round pick, regardless of size and athleticism, I have little expectation for him to contribute to this team.

                              Though I also thought the same thing about Stevie Johnson..

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                                Thats so awesome. I'm really interested in seeing what happens with him over the next three years (assuming he makes it through TC and at least onto the PS)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information