No announcement yet.

Sabres Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I would bench Briere for Andrew Peters. This is what they need. A physical force, no one is doing that. Crash the net like crazy. Im pretty sure there were only two shots on goal in which a sabre was in front of Emery. Briere sucked. I dont care that the guys on WGR were saying ya well he got you there, ya well that doesnt mean **** right now. What happened in the Rangers series is gone, you onto the Sens now. GEEZ!

Lindy should cut that "C" off his jersey, and give it back to DRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY! I thought that Drury played very well, he always plays hard. I thought Adam Mair acutally played a good game as well. I think it was the line of Mair, Guastad and I cant remember the 3rd guy, might of been Connolly, that was the best line of the night. Hope its a different outcome tomorrow.

P.S I am really that pissed off at Daniel Briere. If your gonna wear the C, be a plyer dont be scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
      Right now I would bench Briere for Andrew Peters. This is what they need. A physical force, no one is doing that. Crash the net like crazy. Im pretty sure there were only two shots on goal in which a sabre was in front of Emery. Briere sucked. I dont care that the guys on WGR were saying ya well he got you there, ya well that doesnt mean **** right now. What happened in the Rangers series is gone, you onto the Sens now. GEEZ!

Lindy should cut that "C" off his jersey, and give it back to DRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY! I thought that Drury played very well, he always plays hard. I thought Adam Mair acutally played a good game as well. I think it was the line of Mair, Guastad and I cant remember the 3rd guy, might of been Connolly, that was the best line of the night. Hope its a different outcome tomorrow.

P.S I am really that pissed off at Daniel Briere. If your gonna wear the C, be a plyer dont be scared.
      Uggh. I'm surprised that this isn't an emotional post-game response, but it's actually a day later and probably serious. Briere had a great Game 6, and played about as well as half the team yesterday (not saying anything good about him). Noone was playing physical, we were awful on the boards. But benching him after one game for a guy that we'd play for 2 shifts in the first period and never see the rest of the game is just illogical (Even though Peters improved as a skater this year and he does go to the net, you know he wouldnt get ice time to be worth it and wouldn't be more effective in the end). I know we like to get pissed at Briere, it was common practice for some games during the playoffs and quite a few at the end of the season as well. But his positioning hasn't been too bad lately and he's certainly cut down on the penalties the past couple games. Danny, Kotalik, and Timmy C I think will perform as our best line tomorrow. Just you watch.

And I have to say it because I love him. How good has Tallinder been lately! Certainly a bright spot for us.

Comment

Ohhh Danny Briere....

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

You guys dont understand. Observations so far. Briers has come miles in the past 2 games going back to his regualr spot at center. Drury seems to have taken a hit recently. Emery is still Emery. Coughing up those rebounds like crazy. I mean ****, pay me, and ill crash the net and dump the rebounds in. They never crash the net, and if they did they would get more chances like when Briere scored with 5 seconds left. Kalinan is horrible, Nummenin is garbage too. Man the whole defense is playing like crap. Tallinder might be the best, but the turnovers have to stop. They need to stop dink-and-doinking around and just make the pass and get up the ice. This is unbeleiveable. If i was Lindy, I would just press Emery and put shots on net and crash and get the rebounds. At least your gonna get some offense and shots on net.

Comment

"You guys don't understand"?
            Who has even said anything about the past two games?

Obviously we need more shots. We just turn it over before getting possession in their zone or get all our shots blocked. Any type of rush we have is limited because we've been on defense so long that everyone's changing. Our best rebound chances go for nothing because there's nobody there.
            It took us forever, but we took one good step yesterday when we finally changed up the PP with Gaustad out there. Only guy I've seen battling for the puck on the power play all game.
            It's not like any skater is playing great anyway, but I wouldn't say Numminen is garbage. I'd say he's been one of our better defensemen over the past few.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee;396999[B
              ]"You guys don't understand"?
              Who has even said anything about the past two games? [/B]
              Obviously we need more shots. We just turn it over before getting possession in their zone or get all our shots blocked. Any type of rush we have is limited because we've been on defense so long that everyone's changing. Our best rebound chances go for nothing because there's nobody there.
              It took us forever, but we took one good step yesterday when we finally changed up the PP with Gaustad out there. Only guy I've seen battling for the puck on the power play all game.
              It's not like any skater is playing great anyway, but I wouldn't say Numminen is garbage. I'd say he's been one of our better defensemen over the past few.
              sorry about that. I didnt finish my thought. I meant you guys dont udnerstand how POed i am right now. I thought that Guastad played solid in the PP, but the things that are getting to me is how everyone is trying to do it on their own. I mean Max, everytime he gets the puck he tries to skate around everyone and drive in on his own. He always gets stopped, and seems to get run over at the boards. Thus we lose the puck, and are a man down. I see Connolly doing the same things. THey keep trying to do the fancy passes. They just need to buckle down, and make the dam pass first. Get shots on Emery, and crash the net. Dump the rebounds, then you get your shots and goals.

Comment

We Believe.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Ot, Ot, Ot!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Guys, I am in depresson mode right now. I made a Stanlel Cup for the game yesteday, i have fans taking pictures with it at intermission, fans kissing it and hugging it, it was unreal. then for alfreddson to score that goal. GEEZ! I had such a GREAT time yesterday, it was unreal. I was in section 104. Love the fans, love the team. Ill tell you this. Im an unreal fan, i actually spent the first period watching in Section 400, THE PLAZA, then bought two tickets in 104 for 250 bucks for 2 1/2 periods. UNREAL! Love the Sabres!

p.s For some reason the song Working Class Hero (originally by John Lennon) by Green Day really for some reason makes me think back on yesterday.

Comment

Ottawa owns!!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                        Ottawa owns!!
                        leave you miscreant!

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2922605

eight years is crazy.

it was destined to happen.

hopefully we'll resign drury, zubie, and conklin, even tough i hear Chirs is going to San Jose to reunite with Mike Grier.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2922605

eight years is crazy.

it was destined to happen.

hopefully we'll resign drury, zubie, and conklin, even tough i hear Chirs is going to San Jose to reunite with Mike Grier.
                            With how little attention we've given to Zubrus and even Drury to an extent, I doubt we end up with both. Conklin I don't care much about, although he is one sexy guy, which is mandatory to be the Sabres backup.
                            Max can match Briere's production. But of course it would be better to have two guys doing that. But who plays as good a two-way game as Drury for us, and who can be our leader? We can't afford to lose both, and I hate our negotiating policy because that's probably what will end up happening. And if we don't get Briere, Drury, or even Zubrus, then we better go out and toss the bank at Ryan Smyth or something.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              With how little attention we've given to Zubrus and even Drury to an extent, I doubt we end up with both. Conklin I don't care much about, although he is one sexy guy, which is mandatory to be the Sabres backup.
                              Max can match Briere's production. But of course it would be better to have two guys doing that. But who plays as good a two-way game as Drury for us, and who can be our leader? We can't afford to lose both, and I hate our negotiating policy because that's probably what will end up happening. And if we don't get Briere, Drury, or even Zubrus, then we better go out and toss the bank at Ryan Smyth or something.
                              resigning Mair might be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                                resigning Mair might be a blessing in disguise.
                                It was never a disguise for me. Briere I knew was gone. Even if we signed Drury I wouldn't have minded playing Gaustad on his wing again and still having Mair play center. Plus, we need guys that hit. Not Peters types, but Mair types. For his talent level he was one of our better playoff performers (in the little time he saw; hooray for abandoning the four line strategy even when we weren't mounting comebacks).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information