This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio
    If we ever bench Greer again I will flip. Nobody has shown more than him.

Comment

• Greer was awesome last night. Digorgio looks decent, but not as good as Poz.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• greer proved me wrong

Hargrove is our only (aside from mccargo) player who gets pressure

losing brad butler hurts

Comment

I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio
          I think Greer is showing that he cornerback situation is not as dire as everyone thought. He will not be a free agent until 2009 and his contract should be renegotiated prior to that since McGee is a UFA in 2010. DiGiogio plays hard but is small and I saw him get pushed backwards significantly after he made contact a few times. I do not think he will be perused but if he does leave, he could be replaced with a more stout LB thru the draft. I like his attitude though.

Comment

When is Greer's contract up? I think that he could become a great nickel corner for us.

We REALLY NEED an OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! and a new OC/HC.

Who else was at the game? That was THEE craziest game I've ever been to. I was shouting the whole game.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
              When is Greer's contract up? I think that he could become a great nickel corner for us.

We REALLY NEED an OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! and a new OC/HC.

Who else was at the game? That was THEE craziest game I've ever been to. I was shouting the whole game.
              Ya I had no voice today. Man I split time between section 236 and 112 and man was the club seats better. I just met Lee Evans and George Wilson at Lee Evans radio show. Man Wilson is such a nice guy. Hes stoked about switcing to safety to.

The game was unbillevable. I think the fans see it and the buzz is back, Buffalo proved that they can bang with the #3 team in the league. Regardless, great job.

Comment

• I think the emergence of Greer can bump CB back to a 3rd round need now. I'd say our biggest needs are WR, OLB, DL in that order

Comment

• I still want to see how McCargo and Greer perform before I state that CB and DT aren't primary needs.

I like what I've seen though.

Where do you stand on the whole Losman v. Edwards debate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide Right View Post
                    I still want to see how McCargo and Greer perform before I state that CB and DT aren't primary needs.

I like what I've seen though.

Where do you stand on the whole Losman v. Edwards debate?
                    Well, if you ask me, John Mccargo has been one of the most consistent DT in the league up to this point. Quote me on it if you want. But that is how I feel. He is getting a good push up field and making plays in the backfield.

As for Greer, I like what Ive seen. Like I said about Moss, if Greer was a few inches taller, Moss wouldn't have had half the yards. And with a slightly smaller T.O, Greer held im in check.

As of now, I would like to keep both. I think Mccargo is living up to the 1st round status and you will continue to see it.

Comment

• I'm sick of people who think McCargo is garbage because of his minimal stats. We don't need a DT to rack up numbers, we need him to eat blockers and disrupt running angles

Comment

• When it comes to DT its better to measure them by how many players it takes to block them, if you look at Haloti Ngata's stats you'd say he was a bad 1st rd pick, but if you watch him on gameday it takes 2 sometimes 3 guys to block him allowing others to make plays. I haven't seen much of McCargo but if that is what he is doing then he is a successful DT.
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I'm sick of people who think McCargo is garbage because of his minimal stats. We don't need a DT to rack up numbers, we need him to eat blockers and disrupt running angles
                          He is doing a good job IMO.. he is showing a much better understanding and ability this year. But hey you cant have only one quality DT on the roster and be succesfull

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• From what I've seen, McCargo has looked great; likely the highlight of the defensive line so far this season. Granted the defensive line as a whole wore down a bit against Dallas and wasn't getting the pressure they were producing in the first half, thanks to the offense's inability to sustain drives.

I still think the Bills could draft Glenn Dorsey and pair those two young studs inside their Tampa 2 scheme, much like Tampa paired Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland (both 1st round picks) in the Bucs defense's heyday. Both are excellent fits for the defense, being able to pressure the pocket and play the run.

In all honesty, I don't think Larry Tripplett has played as well as he did in his contract year with a very good Colts defense in 2005, which is unfortunate. I don't blame the Bills for signing him and even don't think the signing itself was awful, the contract wasn't that big and Tripps immediately gave the Bills a veteran 3-tech tackle who was experienced in the scheme they were trying to install in an offseason with a new staff. He hasn't been a bum, but the Bills probably need more or could serve themselves well if they brought in an franchise upgrade like Dorsey.

I like Kyle Williams though, a lunchpail guy who plays hard with every down. He's a very good guy to rotate in imo. Tim Anderson is also currently on the roster.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Also, I think more and more people are going to realize that the Bills are in fact the second-best team in the East. Both the Dolphins and the Jets are worse, even despite the Bills' numerous injuries, and both will be on the clock in April before the Bills will.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• McCargo has been impressive. He consistently gets into the opposition's backfield. Hopefully he continues to get better

Greer is amazing me more and more each game. Maybe we have our #2 CB?...

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information