This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
    If Trent Edwars is a proven loser, than what does that make JP who hasnt won a game this year????

I am not mad at all. Ive said before that Trent works the small ball very effectively, better than JP, I think Trents size is a plus as well. Once Trent opens it up and works deep, I think he will be very good. I am not upset at this. Good move by the Bills.

And I dont understand why everyone is saying let JP audition himself for other teams. JP has had 2+ years to audition. Screw that. He hasnt shown enough yet, then let him be where he is. I can see JP coming off the bench tho and doing a good job. But for right now, the fans and the others around him have been responding well to Trent playing, and I think this can only get better.

I see Trent Edwards, and the way we use him, in the same direction as the way the Steelers used Ben Roethlisberger. Let him make little pases here and there, and just don't make mistakes. Let the run game open up and rely on that. We should be fine with Trent. He has shown he can throw close to 30 times a game, almost mistake free (the pick vs the Jets, I put more on Lee Evans) and he looks good managing the game like he did last monday night.
    1.jp hasnt has only played in 2 games this year
    edwards has also lost 2 games this year
    before Beating the MIGHTY AND POWERFUL JETS Edwards hadnt won a game in 300+days

2. I find that funny b/c didnt all offseason Fairchild rave about how much they wanted to be a deep throwing, exciting offense? not a steeler type offense

3. that pass isnt on evans, the pass fell short, and was underthrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      If anyone needs a pick-me-up, the comeback is on ESPN2.
      Ya, Im watching this right now. I will never get tired of seeing it. Man I feel so good every time I see it. Those were the days, and it will soon get back to that.

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
      1.jp hasnt has only played in 2 games this year
      edwards has also lost 2 games this year
      before Beating the MIGHTY AND POWERFUL JETS Edwards hadnt won a game in 300+days

2. I find that funny b/c didnt all offseason Fairchild rave about how much they wanted to be a deep throwing, exciting offense? not a steeler type offense

3. that pass isnt on evans, the pass fell short, and was underthrown.
      Well, last time I checked, JP STARTED 3 GAMES! Trent only started 2 games and is 1-1 as a starter. JP is 0-3 as a starter. You dont look at stats and say Trent is 1-1-1, with the last 1, being a loss in which he came in.

JP played in the first 3. What does it mean if Trent never won big at Stanford. Matt Cassell started 1 game at USC, and got drafted and has seen time with the Patriots. Going by your example, that means that Cassell is a Proven Loser as well becuse he hasnt won a game in over 300+ days!

The ball was uder thrown, but isn't a WR supposed to fight for the ball? Evans kept runnig out of the endzone. If Evans put any effort into that ball like he did to chase down Terrnece Newman, then it wouldn't have been a INT.

For all of Fairchilds talk, and your ranting about not wanting Edwards in there, I dont really remember JP trying to hit the deep ball when he played.

Comment

Well, last time I checked, JP STARTED 3 GAMES! Trent only started 2 games and is 1-1 as a starter. JP is 0-3 as a starter. You dont look at stats and say Trent is 1-1-1, with the last 1, being a loss in which he came in.
        Lame technicality. I'd respect the argument more if people used common sense instead of such a misleading stat for that 3rd game.

The ball was uder thrown, but isn't a WR supposed to fight for the ball? Evans kept runnig out of the endzone. If Evans put any effort into that ball like he did to chase down Terrnece Newman, then it wouldn't have been a INT.
        Evans is used to having the ball out in front of him. It was the first (only) deep throw I've seen Edwards do in the season, and it was just a lack of familiarity with ball placement.

For all of Fairchilds talk, and your ranting about not wanting Edwards in there, I dont really remember JP trying to hit the deep ball when he played.
        He has. Twice they've gone off of Lee's hands. One other one was deep sideline to either Roscoe or Price, and then there was the one was on the late 3rd down in the Denver game that was a little away from Evans. We've been conservative with both QBs for the most part, though.

Comment

Ya, Im watching this right now. I will never get tired of seeing it. Man I feel so good every time I see it. Those were the days, and it will soon get back to that.

JP played in the first 3. What does it mean if Trent never won big at Stanford. Matt Cassell started 1 game at USC, and got drafted and has seen time with the Patriots. Going by your example, that means that Cassell is a Proven Loser as well becuse he hasnt won a game in over 300+ days!

Losman played about 3 plays vs. the Patriots, and then Edwards played the rest of the game
          so that imo means that is a loss for Edwards.

No Cassel, only played one game at USC, but Edwards played a lot of games at Stanford
          and had a losing record, he is a proven loser..

When your defense gets you 6 turnovers, and gives u great field position the entire game, u'd think that even a rookie QB would be able to lead to at least 1 touchdown....

but no... all we got was a FG

ill admit, Edwards does have a quick release, and good poise in the pocket, but i Dont think hes gives us the best oppertunity to win

and this decision will probably divide the locker room like when Holcomb/Losman debate 2 years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
            Losman played about 3 plays vs. the Patriots, and then Edwards played the rest of the game
            so that imo means that is a loss for Edwards.

No Cassel, only played one game at USC, but Edwards played a lot of games at Stanford
            and had a losing record, he is a proven loser..

When your defense gets you 6 turnovers, and gives u great field position the entire game, u'd think that even a rookie QB would be able to lead to at least 1 touchdown....

but no... all we got was a FG

ill admit, Edwards does have a quick release, and good poise in the pocket, but i Dont think hes gives us the best oppertunity to win

and this decision will probably divide the locker room like when Holcomb/Losman debate 2 years ago
            I dont understand why your so negative about Edwards. Im going to be honest, I dont think Losman could have beat the Cowboys or done any better than Edwards based on what he did all year. I think that if you go on the teams that each has played and how they looked, I would say Edwards has looked better this year. I dont blame a rookie for going in there in his first start and throwing that ball. It comes with time. Other than that he almost looked perfect.

You can nag all you want about Edwards not being as good as Losman, but Trent has been more accurate and a better passer rating. Either way, I think Treant has out played JP, and it's hard to disagree with that. I am happy with him as the starter, and I think you guys will be as well after Sunday.

Comment

• One of the better cornerbacks in the league, the Ravens' Chris McAllister is likely to miss this Sunday's game due to a strained right knee.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• I like Trent, I do. But JP is getting a raw deal here. And it sucks, too, because JP is such an advocate of the city and I really don't want him to end up leaving.

Comment

• It really is a shame that JP Losman isn't getting the opportunity to at least increase his trade value since he is a strong member of the Buffalo community

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    It really is a shame that JP Losman isn't getting the opportunity to at least increase his trade value since he is a strong member of the Buffalo community
                    If you ask me, there is absoultely no point in letting him get his trade value up. No point. Why would the Bills waste another year of letting him get value for him? And have Jauron get closer to being fired? No point at all. I find that to be pretty dumb to say. The Bills are playing right for right now, and they have a legitiment chance to go 5-4 over the next 4 weeks.

I will say again. Marv Levy is not that type of guy. He has always said "your not building for the future, your building for a future coach." It is true, and with that said, they will not play JP unless Trent fails miserably, and to be honest, Trent plays alot of mistake free football, so I dont really see that happening.

Its a good move for the players. I just hope JP lives up to his word. He always said he was going to mentor Trent and be as helpful as possible. I just hope he doesn't turn into a cancer.

Comment

• according to BuffaloBills.com

the edwards starting decision is not permanet

Comment

• There's a link on ESPN.com(too lazy to grab it) that says Buffalo plans on playing a regular season home game in Toronto as early as 2009 in an attempt to attract Toronto based businesses to purchase luxury suites at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          There's a link on ESPN.com(too lazy to grab it) that says Buffalo plans on playing a regular season home game in Toronto as early as 2009 in an attempt to attract Toronto based businesses to purchase luxury suites at Ralph Wilson Stadium
                          Ya, SuperKevin, I think I remember you saying you dont live in WNY, but for those who do if you go to 590 AM, its the FAN 590, Toronto's version of WGR, thats all they are talking about. Its huge news back home.

There also another story breaking out, and apprently it is legit a ever. The Owners of the Toronto Argonauts are teaming up with Ted Rogers (owner of the Blue Jays), Larry Tannenbaum (part owner of Toronto Maple Leafs) and every other owner in the CFL, and they are going to put a bid in to buy the Bills and when Ralph Wilson passes away. Apprently they have a plot of land that they own somehwere in the GTA, and they would build a state of the art stadium for the new team.

God I hope not. I would hate to see this happen. I dont have the link, but if anyone wants to look it up, search for the website for the "Globe and Mail" newspaper, its a canadian newspaper. That was the paper that broke the story

Comment

• As A Bills fan I'd hate for the team to abandon all the history they have in Buffalo. However, it'd be nice to see them get new facilities and increase their fan base because then they might be able to attract some quality FAs. I would still remain a fan if they moved to Toronto........i don't know about everyone else though

Comment

• hopefully Jim Kelly
                              the sabres owner (forgot his name)
                              and some people can pitch in and be able to buy the team after Ralph Passes

thats the only way i see it happening

Comment

• Moving the team less than 100 miles away to Toronto is a much better option than if someone bought the team and moved them to LA or San Antonio

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information