Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Bills Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
    We didn't get many sacks, I think just 1, but the fact that we got the pressure on Boller and rattled him helped alot. He rushed many throws and that killed him. Next week, I see the same thing. I think we can win it easily. Like I said, Ive been right the past 2 games in my predictions. I am going to say we will beat the Jets, and I think we will win the next 3. This was a big win for us, especially if we are going to have any sort of shot at the wild card, Baltimore may be the team we need to bypass for the 6th spot.
    OMG you're infallible! Ha, but seriously most Bills fans probably thought we'd beat the Jets and a weak Ravens team.

    The Jets are awful but I'm still a little worried since we always split. Some things are just above men, even Supermen like Trent Edwards. Probably not above Moorman, though, so we're good :)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      OMG you're infallible! Ha, but seriously most Bills fans probably thought we'd beat the Jets and a weak Ravens team.

      The Jets are awful but I'm still a little worried since we always split. Some things are just above men, even Supermen like Trent Edwards. Probably not above Moorman, though, so we're good :)
      It wasnt the Jets game I was reffering to, it was the Cowboys and Ravens game.

      Comment


      • [QUOTE=Billingsley26;684122]Ya Im sorry, I must of been blinded by all those touchdowns that JP throws eh!!!!


        I think people are putting to much on credit and blame on both JP and Edwards. The lack of TD is not a factor of the QB as much as it is having someone to throw it to. Evans is good and hopefully he can live up to last seasons numbers, but he does not seem to be a red zone threat. The Bills need a big man to throw to. The other problem is that Lynch is coming out on 3rd and long passing downs and being replaced by Thomas. This does not allow for any deception out of the backfield. You know Thomas is going to stay in to block. The last time the Bills threw for 2 TD's in one game was week 15 of 2006, that is a long time ago. I love the fact they won but it is not a complete football team just a defense and a kicker.

        Comment


        • [QUOTE=marv levy's older brother;685489]
          Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
          Ya Im sorry, I must of been blinded by all those touchdowns that JP throws eh!!!!


          I think people are putting to much on credit and blame on both JP and Edwards. The lack of TD is not a factor of the QB as much as it is having someone to throw it to. Evans is good and hopefully he can live up to last seasons numbers, but he does not seem to be a red zone threat. The Bills need a big man to throw to. The other problem is that Lynch is coming out on 3rd and long passing downs and being replaced by Thomas. This does not allow for any deception out of the backfield. You know Thomas is going to stay in to block. The last time the Bills threw for 2 TD's in one game was week 15 of 2006, that is a long time ago. I love the fact they won but it is not a complete football team just a defense and a kicker.
          Well, I think Losman has been around long enough to produce more passing TD's. his inability to do so has to rest on his shoulders. As for Edwaeds, I think that is a whole different ballgame. You cannot expect a rookie QB to play like a verteran and tossing TD's will be in short supply.
          Lynch is a rookie and all rookie RB's have a difficult time pass blocking since they usually weren't asked to do so in college. Thomas is obviously a superior blocker and still quite capable of caring out desception from the backfield.
          We aren't a good offensive team just yet but I think Edwards offers us some real possibilities in a year or 2. I'm no longer sold on Losman.
          And proud of it!!!

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=Iamcanadian;686807]
            Originally posted by marv levy's older brother View Post

            Well, I think Losman has been around long enough to produce more passing TD's. his inability to do so has to rest on his shoulders. As for Edwaeds, I think that is a whole different ballgame. You cannot expect a rookie QB to play like a verteran and tossing TD's will be in short supply.
            Lynch is a rookie and all rookie RB's have a difficult time pass blocking since they usually weren't asked to do so in college. Thomas is obviously a superior blocker and still quite capable of caring out desception from the backfield.
            We aren't a good offensive team just yet but I think Edwards offers us some real possibilities in a year or 2. I'm no longer sold on Losman.
            I think we could very well be able to trade JP Losman to Tampa Bay or Atlanta for a 4th round pick

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=SuperKevin;686896]
              Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post

              I think we could very well be able to trade JP Losman to Tampa Bay or Atlanta for a 4th round pick
              Atlanta I highly doubt it. They will have a top pick and Im about 100% sure they will go after Brian Brohm. As for TB, they could, but I see JP as a similar Jeff Garcia, but with a better arm, but nt as good overall. I dont really see it happening.

              I see JP becoming a guy like Joey Harrington is right now

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=Iamcanadian;686807]
                Originally posted by marv levy's older brother View Post

                Well, I think Losman has been around long enough to produce more passing TD's. his inability to do so has to rest on his shoulders. As for Edwaeds, I think that is a whole different ballgame. You cannot expect a rookie QB to play like a verteran and tossing TD's will be in short supply.
                Lynch is a rookie and all rookie RB's have a difficult time pass blocking since they usually weren't asked to do so in college. Thomas is obviously a superior blocker and still quite capable of caring out desception from the backfield.
                We aren't a good offensive team just yet but I think Edwards offers us some real possibilities in a year or 2. I'm no longer sold on Losman.
                I am not sold on Losman either. I now believe that Marv Levy was never sold on him. If he was he would have secured a weapon in the draft for him but he did not. The Oline was rebuilt , and that is something that takes time to gel, so its full payout will not be seen until next year.McGahee was traded, and as you have just stated rookie RB have a hard time pass blocking as well as rushing in there first year. So Lynch's potential will not be fully realized until next year.
                My frustration with the the origination is that this did not have to be "in a year or two" rebuilding team! I receiving threat would have made this a viable team this year. I think people are so use to the Bills rebuilding that expecting ballsy decisions from there management not there. I am pissed they did not stare McGahee down, and I will really pissed if Jauron continuously get away with bad play calling, but ultimately I am pissed off that they hung JP and our season out to dry without a legitimate chance of wild card run. We were one receiver short of it. John leonard, Sidney rice, and Zach miller were still available.
                Good job on the defense, good job for building a team for next year, but I am terrified that the team will not make it to the playoff while Wilson is till alive.
                I am frustrated with of looking to next year.

                Comment


                • [QUOTE=marv levy's older brother;687071]
                  Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post

                  I am not sold on Losman either. I now believe that Marv Levy was never sold on him. If he was he would have secured a weapon in the draft for him but he did not. The Oline was rebuilt , and that is something that takes time to gel, so its full payout will not be seen until next year.McGahee was traded, and as you have just stated rookie RB have a hard time pass blocking as well as rushing in there first year. So Lynch's potential will not be fully realized until next year.
                  My frustration with the the origination is that this did not have to be "in a year or two" rebuilding team! I receiving threat would have made this a viable team this year. I think people are so use to the Bills rebuilding that expecting ballsy decisions from there management not there. I am pissed they did not stare McGahee down, and I will really pissed if Jauron continuously get away with bad play calling, but ultimately I am pissed off that they hung JP and our season out to dry without a legitimate chance of wild card run. We were one receiver short of it. John leonard, Sidney rice, and Zach miller were still available.
                  Good job on the defense, good job for building a team for next year, but I am terrified that the team will not make it to the playoff while Wilson is till alive.
                  I am frustrated with of looking to next year.
                  If you ask me, they would be killing and playoff chances by starting JP Losman right now. This team and town has high jopes riding on Trent Edwards for this year! If JP was brought back in things wouldnt be the same. Trent is hot right now. You have to keep him starting.

                  Im not pissed off at Jauron. I know a lot of people are right now, but I dont blame him for his play calling. I actually think Jauron has been a solid coach. The way he turned this team around last year, and how close we are to being a 4-2 and the last playoff spot is unbelieveable. You can nag all you want about the play calling at the end of the Dallas game but in the end there were so many plays in the game that didnt happen that could've made it not even come down to the wire.

                  I think at all the spots where those guys were take you mentioned above were not better prospects than Posluszny, and you should have noticed that through his performance early in the year. I think this team may have a shot at the Wild Card. These next 3 games are CRITICAL! We need to win them, becaue then losing to the Pats doesnt hurt as much.

                  Comment


                  • im not sold on edwards....but i guess i have to deal with it since they are gonna stick with him

                    Comment


                    • http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5445

                      Bills To Stick With Edwards At QB
                      by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 10/23/2007 4:27 PM ET







                      Last Sunday wasn't a spectacular performance on paper for Trent Edwards, but consistent decision making and two victories in three NFL starts carries weight. Head coach Dick Jauron has elected to start the rookie signal caller at quarterback again this week against the Jets in the Meadowlands. It also sounds as if the Edwards will hold onto the role beyond this Sunday's game.

                      "We are naming Trent Edwards as our starting quarterback," said Jauron in a statement Tuesday. "I have spoken with both Trent and J.P. Losman and want to get the word out to our fans."

                      Jauron plans to address the details of his decision in a Wednesday afternoon press conference.
                      It will be Edwards' fourth straight start and fifth appearance after he played virtually the entire game at New England following J.P. Losman's knee injury. It will be his first start on the road.

                      In his three career starts Edwards has completed 70 percent of his passes while throwing for 563 yards and one touchdown against three interceptions for a passer rating of 78.3.

                      But what appears to have Buffalo's staff most impressed is the play of Edwards that's not revealed in the statistics.

                      The rookie quarterback was almost flawless in his execution of the no huddle offense last week against the Ravens.

                      "He did a really good job, making the right calls on run plays and pass plays," said Lee Evans. "He passed the ball efficiently, finding guys over the middle. I think he did a really good job of knowing what he's seeing and just playing."

                      "We played a lot of no huddle snaps," said Jauron following Sunday's game. "There are a lot of options at the ball. He's got some options up there and he has to get us in the right stuff and he did a nice job doing it. He didn't miss much."

                      Relying on a rookie quarterback to effectively execute a no huddle attack in his third NFL start was a strong indication as to the faith the offensive staff has in Edwards.

                      "The no huddle package that I know our head coach likes a lot and our offensive coordinator feels comfortable with puts a lot of ownership on the quarterback to make some decisions out there," said Edwards.

                      The staff also relied on Edwards last Sunday to slow down Baltimore's pressure defense by mixing up the cadence before the snap. The Stanford product proved successful in this area as well, drawing the Ravens defense offsides five times in the first half.

                      "They knew we run a blitz package and a lot of that is built on timing," said Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs after Sunday's game. "You slow us down by changing the cadence up. They did a good job."

                      At this point Edwards (219) has been on the field for more than twice as many snaps as Losman (103) and the other offensive players now appear to have a familiarity with how Edwards operates. Jauron did cite continuity as a factor in his decision to make Edwards the starter at quarterback last week.

                      Momentum was likely a factor too. Coming off the bye week Jauron stated to his team that it was an 11 week season. After their win over Baltimore last Sunday, Jauron's message to his club was that they were 1-0. To change the person playing the most important position on the field following a hard-fought victory over a physical team would probably leave a lot of players scratching their heads, especially after most were of the opinion that Edwards performed admirably.

                      "He had a lot on his plate last week and I think he handled it really well," said Evans. "He made plays when he had to, he made some right reads and we were effective in the passing game."


                      Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                        im not sold on edwards....but i guess i have to deal with it since they are gonna stick with him
                        You continue to amaze me. You actually think that right now JP Losman can do a better job than Trent Edwards? Please dont give me that "Well he beat the Jets, and anyone can beat them". Yea, well he stuck it to the Cowboys, dont care if he only produced 3 points, he still stuck it to them. He beat the Jets. He beat the Ravens, and didn't look all that bad. In fact aside from the INT he threw, I would say he progressed even more by throwing the deep ball nicely and more often.

                        Its 2 out of 3 for Trent, and your still mad about it. I hate to say it, if your that big of a JP fan, then your probably gonna be looking for a new team next year just like he is.

                        This is Trents team from now on, and it is going to pay big divedends in the near future. The young group of guys who are now playing are plying very well for being 1 nd 2 years in the league. Imgaine them 2-4 more years down the road!!!! This team has one hell of a bright future, and Im standing by Marv and Jauron because I think they are a good combo for the Bills right now. The play on the field and the moves off the field have been the best the Bills have seen in probably close to 10 years, and I dont think there is any disputing that!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                          You continue to amaze me. You actually think that right now JP Losman can do a better job than Trent Edwards? Please dont give me that "Well he beat the Jets, and anyone can beat them". Yea, well he stuck it to the Cowboys, dont care if he only produced 3 points, he still stuck it to them. He beat the Jets. He beat the Ravens, and didn't look all that bad. In fact aside from the INT he threw, I would say he progressed even more by throwing the deep ball nicely and more often.

                          Its 2 out of 3 for Trent, and your still mad about it. I hate to say it, if your that big of a JP fan, then your probably gonna be looking for a new team next year just like he is.

                          This is Trents team from now on, and it is going to pay big divedends in the near future. The young group of guys who are now playing are plying very well for being 1 nd 2 years in the league. Imgaine them 2-4 more years down the road!!!! This team has one hell of a bright future, and Im standing by Marv and Jauron because I think they are a good combo for the Bills right now. The play on the field and the moves off the field have been the best the Bills have seen in probably close to 10 years, and I dont think there is any disputing that!

                          This has nothing to do with JP vs. Trent, but I'd really like to hear your explanations for those two points.

                          Comment


                          • [QUOTE=Billingsley26;687381]
                            Originally posted by marv levy's older brother View Post

                            If you ask me, they would be killing and playoff chances by starting JP Losman right now. This team and town has high jopes riding on Trent Edwards for this year! If JP was brought back in things wouldnt be the same. Trent is hot right now. You have to keep him starting.

                            I think at all the spots where those guys were take you mentioned above were not better prospects than Posluszny, and you should have noticed that through his performance early in the year. I think this team may have a shot at the Wild Card. These next 3 games are CRITICAL! We need to win them, becaue then losing to the Pats doesnt hurt as much.

                            I like the picks and where the took the players in the draft, it all makes sense. But the problem is they put themselves in a position where they were forced to rebuild the team instead of making a less drastic changes to the offense and defense and being more competitive this year. You can not say that you almost won this game or they could have been 4-2 if it wasn't for this and that. You can not make that many trips to the red zone and come up with only 3 points and say we where so close. When the team plays this hard and still loses you can only look at the coach and the GM to see where things are not as good as they should be. As far as Jauron goes, the Bills could do better. There is no excuse for putting your team in a position where they have a greater chance to mess up than they do to eat up the clock. Same situation 2 weeks in a row.
                            The patriots have set the bar very high and I think it is only far to hold the front office accountable to that new level. Dreaming about wild card games is great but crushing the Patriots needs to be the goal. It is time for Belicheck and his grubby sweatshirt to be stomped on.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              This has nothing to do with JP vs. Trent, but I'd really like to hear your explanations for those two points.
                              You misunderstood my point. Im saying over the last 10 years or so, probably less now that I think of it, we havent seen moves like this off the field made my the GM and Coaches. Spending the money on the OL and the two drafts we have had. Havent seen one like that in a while. As for the play. I think this Bills team right now with the coaching and the play on the field.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                                You misunderstood my point. Im saying over the last 10 years or so, probably less now that I think of it, we havent seen moves like this off the field made my the GM and Coaches. Spending the money on the OL and the two drafts we have had. Havent seen one like that in a while. As for the play. I think this Bills team right now with the coaching and the play on the field.
                                I don't think I misunderstood anything, seeing as I didn't comment on anything. And you did not explain anything I inquired about.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information