This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
    i give credit b/c a good QB throws the ball and lets his WR make a play....

lee hasnt tried that hard to fight for the ball while Edwards was in
    I couldnt disagree more.

A good QB throws the ball where only his WR can get it. Not where he lets his WR fight for it. He puts it where it doesnt have the chance to get it picked off.

Comment

• If Trent is healthy you have to suspect he will start. Hell even if he isn't they'll probably let Hamdan play in another attempt to keep JP from hitting incentives.

I still like JP as a starter. Plus he can get the ball into Schouman's hands. Either guy is fine with me, but you know how I feel about JP.

Comment

• Seriously, how is this team 3-4???? If it weren't for the ineptitude of the Jets we'd be quite possibly one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. I'm glad we're winning though because I don't think any of the consensus "top 10" picks would be helpful to our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          Seriously, how is this team 3-4???? If it weren't for the ineptitude of the Jets we'd be quite possibly one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. I'm glad we're winning though because I don't think any of the consensus "top 10" picks would be helpful to our team.

We could be 5-2 if we hand't blown 4th quarter leads to Denver and Dallas. Worst 5-2 team ever though...

Comment

Seriously, how is this team 3-4???? If it weren't for the ineptitude of the Jets we'd be quite possibly one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. I'm glad we're winning though because I don't think any of the consensus "top 10" picks would be helpful to our team.

If it weren't for the bad play calling, we'd be 5-2 right now.

It doesn't matter how we get the wins, its just good that we got them.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• The player support for JP is glaring to me. Even the coaches were willing to let him shine and do his thing late in the game. I, for one, believe that in no way should the book have been closed on JP as our guy for the future, so the guys upstairs are really pissing me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                The player support for JP is glaring to me. Even the coaches were willing to let him shine and do his thing late in the game. I, for one, believe that in no way should the book have been closed on JP as our guy for the future, so the guys upstairs are really pissing me off.
                I have to agree with you. I don't think Lee Evans would have fought for that ball if it were thrown by Trent Edwards. The guys are looking out for the guys they've played with for years

Comment

I have to agree with you. I don't think Lee Evans would have fought for that ball if it were thrown by Trent Edwards. The guys are looking out for the guys they've played with for years
                  losman is evans' best friend.

Dont u find it ironic that during those 5 passes losman attempted, 2 were deep balls?

i think edwards longest completion in the game was 17 yards

Comment

• Does anyone besides me think that if we go with Trent and get rid of JP in the offseason, Lee will opt out of the final year of his contract? (is that after this season? can someone please find out?) If JP is gone, I dont think that Lee would want to stick around.

IMO, if we go with Edwards, we are pretty much losing JP and Evans.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                      Does anyone besides me think that if we go with Trent and get rid of JP in the offseason, Lee will opt out of the final year of his contract? (is that after this season? can someone please find out?) If JP is gone, I dont think that Lee would want to stick around.

IMO, if we go with Edwards, we are pretty much losing JP and Evans.
                      sounds just about right, and then we will draft a wr, and continue this cycle of making players good, and letting them leave because we cant win, and our owner is too cheap to pay money to keep good players

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                        sounds just about right, and then we will draft a wr, and continue this cycle of making players good, and letting them leave because we cant win, and our owner is too cheap to pay money to keep good players
                        I feel even if Ralph wilson opened up his checkbook it'd be hard to attract FA's to the glamorous lifestyle of Buffalo, NY. Not everybody loves Applebees as much as Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• I wanna throw something by you guys.

All along, since JP has been ok to play from his injury, we have heard a lot of talk about how the Bills players would really behind JP and would play harder for JP. Well, as I see it right now, I dont think they could play harder. The offense moves the ball. They have long drives that are very time consuming, their only problem is they cant finish it. Thats not something they can work on. If you ask me, the defense is playing hard as Ive could've ever imagined and I think you have to agree. The OL has been much better in protecting Trent Edwards (Maybe thats just Trents poise over JP's), you can compare the run games, but if you look at the stats, its pretty consistent throughout. The WR have been more productive.

Im not really buying into this. People can say what they want about Lee Evans, and he can say what he wants. Lee is a baller, and will show every week. Case and point is the Dallas game. He could've easily let Newman run it back, but Lee ran him down and forced the fumble. I just think that this team is made up of a bunch of blue collared players that will bust their ass each game for the best of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                            I wanna throw something by you guys.

All along, since JP has been ok to play from his injury, we have heard a lot of talk about how the Bills players would really behind JP and would play harder for JP. Well, as I see it right now, I dont think they could play harder. The offense moves the ball. They have long drives that are very time consuming, their only problem is they cant finish it. Thats not something they can work on. If you ask me, the defense is playing hard as Ive could've ever imagined and I think you have to agree. The OL has been much better in protecting Trent Edwards (Maybe thats just Trents poise over JP's), you can compare the run games, but if you look at the stats, its pretty consistent throughout. The WR have been more productive.

Im not really buying into this. People can say what they want about Lee Evans, and he can say what he wants. Lee is a baller, and will show every week. Case and point is the Dallas game. He could've easily let Newman run it back, but Lee ran him down and forced the fumble. I just think that this team is made up of a bunch of blue collared players that will bust their ass each game for the best of the team.
                            My point was that out of words physically coming out of these players' mouths, some of them seem to be really behind JP

I don't think it's "just Trent's poise over JP". The o-line is better. We saw Losman get the benefits of it for his few series on Sunday, as well.

The D is indeed better. One thing we need to see is if Losman can sustain drives with the o-line how it is now. Because Trent has done a decent job sustaining drives, and our defense is getting its rest and playing its best as a result.

Comment

• I think you all know where I stand. JP4NOW and 4THEFUTURE. I just think we need JP's arm in windy Buffalo weather. Also, although JP doesn't have the poise that Trent does, I am a little worried about the Bledsoe-esque tendencies that Edwards flashes occasionally. He will hold onto the ball in the pocket way too long sometimes which leads to sacks and fumbles and he also has made some really bad decisions when he has been pressured. I am not just talking about the INT's that he has thrown either. He's had a few more that definitely could have been picked. Now of course I'm not saying JP hasn't had some bonehead throws in the past (ie: Chicago game last year, yuck), but JP's only pick this year came off a deflected ball. You could say that the recent bomb to Lee could have been picked but like most others have said, he fights for the QB he wants to play with.

What pissed me off in the beginning of the season when JP was starting was that they would not open up the playbook for him. After the great success he had last year throwing the deep ball, it seemed like they wanted him to be a west coast QB (like Edwards). We all know that JP by nature is a gunslinger like Favre and Cutler. I think it's got to be hard for the offense to play with two very different kinds of QB's. I am pro-JP and probably always will be. What's going to happen is that we are going to not re-sign JP and then he will become a Pro-Bowler somewhere else. JP is also a huge advocate of the city which would really be nice to have in our starting QB.

P.S. I DO believe that the bonus due to JP is a large part as to why he hasn't been starting.
                              Last edited by art vandelay; 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I feel even if Ralph wilson opened up his checkbook it'd be hard to attract FA's to the glamorous lifestyle of Buffalo, NY. Not everybody loves Applebees as much as Marshawn Lynch
                                Strangely Mike Williams loved Buffalo and told Dockery he would like it up here. Then again, he probably did love Applebees more than Lynch. He never got to experience Dave & Buster's though.

IMO, Buffalo would be a pretty nice spot for a family man (Dockery) but not so great for single guys who want to spread their seeds all over (McGahee).
                                Last edited by art vandelay; 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information