This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Lee Evans completely bailed out JP Losman on that touchdown play, that very well could have been a critical interception if Evans didn't fight for the ball and win. It looked like Evans actually stole an interception, I wouldn't give Losman credit for that play.
    Then again, could Edwards have made that throw to give us a chance in the first place? I for one don't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I think you all know where I stand. JP4NOW and 4THEFUTURE. I just think we need JP's arm in windy Buffalo weather. Also, although JP doesn't have the poise that Trent does, I am a little worried about the Bledsoe-esque tendencies that Edwards flashes occasionally. He will hold onto the ball in the pocket way too long sometimes which leads to sacks and fumbles and he also has made some really bad decisions when he has been pressured. I am not just talking about the INT's that he has thrown either. He's had a few more that definitely could have been picked. Now of course I'm not saying JP hasn't had some bonehead throws in the past (ie: Chicago game last year, yuck), but JP's only pick this year came off a deflected ball. You could say that the recent bomb to Lee could have been picked but like most others have said, he fights for the QB he wants to play with.

What pissed me off in the beginning of the season when JP was starting was that they would not open up the playbook for him. After the great success he had last year throwing the deep ball, it seemed like they wanted him to be a west coast QB (like Edwards). We all know that JP by nature is a gunslinger like Favre and Cutler. I think it's got to be hard for the offense to play with two very different kinds of QB's. I am pro-JP and probably always will be. What's going to happen is that we are going to not re-sign JP and then he will become a Pro-Bowler somewhere else. JP is also a huge advocate of the city which would really be nice to have in our starting QB.

P.S. I DO believe that the bonus due to JP is a large part as to why he hasn't been starting.
      I respect yor views. But I for one have to point out that as the games have gone on, Trent has gone on to throw the deep ball. We saw it in the Ravens game. Each week, like Ive said before, hes getting better and improving on one facet each game. We have now seen him throw the deep ball, and we are aware that he can do it.

As for what ou said about not opening up the playbook. I agree with you. They didnt open it up until they saw the defense making plays. I dont think it was until after the Dallas game that they opened it up for Edwards either. It took the defense two games to make plays for them to open it up for Edwards to. So, im going to assume, that whoever is to start from now on, will have a pretty good shot at going deep and trying new things.

The difference between when Drew holds the ball and when Trent holds on to the ball is huge. Drew would hold on to it, and just stand there like and idiot. Trent holds on to it, yet he doesnt get sacked alot. Not near how much JP gets sackedpressured/hurried. Trent will stay in the pocket till the last second. Where we've seen JP will run out of the pocket at the first sight of trouble. I would not compare JP's arm to Favre's arm. JP throws a nice deep ball, and a hard deep ball, but he isnt a gunslinger. If its in the 10-15 yard range. JP wont throw sling it in there like Favre would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        I respect yor views. But I for one have to point out that as the games have gone on, Trent has gone on to throw the deep ball. We saw it in the Ravens game. Each week, like Ive said before, hes getting better and improving on one facet each game. We have now seen him throw the deep ball, and we are aware that he can do it.
        We're yet to see a sharp deep completion from Trent.

If its in the 10-15 yard range. JP wont throw sling it in there like Favre would.
        I have definitely seen JP do just that numerous times, splitting defenders and gunning it in.

Comment

• ^He did that in the game vs. the Jets. I recall a few times that he did it. One I remember clearly is the time he threw a bullet to Evans who was sliding to the ground

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Chad Johnson didn't practice today because of an ankle injury. Hopefully it keeps him out for this week.

Chad Johnson doesn't practice

Today
            Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:29 PM ET | Link

CHAD JOHNSON DOESN'T PRACTICE: Bengals WR Chad Johnson did not practice Thursday due to an ankle injury. We'll have more on his status tomorrow.

Already out for the game will be Cincy starting RT Willie Anderson (knee) and starting MLB Ahmad Brooks (groin) which means Andrew Whitworth and Anthony Schlegel will start at tackle and MLB respectively.

WLB Caleb Miller also missed practice Thursday as did DT John Thornton.

DE Justin Smith was limited in practice with a hamstring injury.

RB Rudi Johnson participated fully for a second straight day.

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
              We're yet to see a sharp deep completion from Trent.

To me, against the Ravens, Trent threw that deep ball on the money to Lee, but Lee bobbled the ball and almost lost it. THe ball was right where it needed to be. Perfect throw.

I have definitely seen JP do just that numerous times, splitting defenders and gunning it in.
              JP does not throw it like Favre does. I wouldnt make that comparison. JP has a good arm, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the arm that Favre has. No way. He can't throw through traffic and thread the needle like Favre can.

Comment

JP does not throw it like Favre does. I wouldnt make that comparison. JP has a good arm, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the arm that Favre has. No way. He can't throw through traffic and thread the needle like Favre can.
                I'm not going to compare JP to a HOFer here, but like I said, I've seen him do just that. My mind is set on that because I know for a fact that he has done it on multiple occasions.

Comment

• I hate to throw out a potential jinx but this team has an outside chance at making the playoffs. We have winnable games left against Miami(x2), Washington, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Philly. If we win those games we go 10-6 and more than likely get a wild card spot. And to think we should have won the denver and Dallas games.

Dick Jauron should have coach of the year locked up

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    I hate to throw out a potential jinx but this team has an outside chance at making the playoffs. We have winnable games left against Miami(x2), Washington, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Philly. If we win those games we go 10-6 and more than likely get a wild card spot. And to think we should have won the denver and Dallas games.

Dick Jauron should have coach of the year locked up
                    Funny how everyone in WNY is loving Dick Jauron right now, yet about 3-4 weeks ago, just about everyone in WNY wanted him fired, effective immediateley. Makes me laugh.

Comment

Funny how everyone in WNY is loving Dick Jauron right now, yet about 3-4 weeks ago, just about everyone in WNY wanted him fired, effective immediateley. Makes me laugh.
                      not me.

He lost us those games against Denver and Dallas. I'm still mad about that. If he knew what he was doing, we would be 6-2 and have a much better chance of making the playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                        not me.

He lost us those games against Denver and Dallas. I'm still mad about that. If he knew what he was doing, we would be 6-2 and have a much better chance of making the playoffs
                        I think there is so much more to those losses than just Jauron. I dont blame him. After all, he put the scheme together to keep us into it against Dallas. The reason I dont blame him is because in one game, especially the Dallas game, there are so many more things you can blame the team for than the last play call for the defense.

Comment

• I think our coaching staff does deserve accolades. The fact that we have had so many injuries and are literally 2 seconds away from being 6-2 is amazing to me.

Comment

• our defense has been playing nearly lights out these past few weeks

Comment

• Just wanted to hear your thoughts regarding what you guys did to make Romo look silly a few weeks ago.
                              Originally posted by Paul
                              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                Just wanted to hear your thoughts regarding what you guys did to make Romo look silly a few weeks ago.
                                The Bills stacked 7-8 guys on the Line of scrimmage almost every play, and played a press coverage. It gave the LB/DL just enough time to drop back into coverage. They used just about every player in coverage. It messed with Romo, and they couldnt run on that defense because there was a player lined up in every gap. Romo looked confused as to who to throw to because he had no read as to who was dropping back. IT was one of the best defensive schmes ive ever seen in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information