Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Edwards may not deliver the big play, but he makes the small plays. He delivers the ball accurately and quickly, making his reads - probably faster than Losman.

The one big negative is the 4th quarter interception he's prone to throw, as a rookie.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
      So this is the JP Losman tht all you guys are riding his nuts? Geez, come on, Four 3 and outs is stupid, against an 0-8 team!!! Please dont give me any excuses. "Apparenlty" the Bills players are backing him up, and only want to play for him. Sure looks like it doesnt it. JP has had all the time he needs, and he is his usual self. Locking on to Lee, and when Lee isnt open, he stands there like an ashole and gets sacked.

I am ready to put Gibran Hamden in. He couldnt do a worse job.
      Losman has a Edwards-like day, and gets blasted for it

Losman played pretty good in the second half, and has the heart of a champion, and can actually lead a team to victory

Comment

• You can't take out JP now. He's basically won 3 straight and deserves a chance to start against New England.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
          Losman has a Edwards-like day, and gets blasted for it

Losman played pretty good in the second half, and has the heart of a champion, and can actually lead a team to victory
          WHAT??!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 times in a row and not complete a pass until the 2 minute warning. Edwards has poise to stand in the pocket and hit the check down when nothing is deep. Lossman on the other hand, doesnt have naything deep, and does one of two thing

1. Still throws deep
          2. holds onto the ball like an idiot.

Trent sustains drives, something that Lossman has trouble doing. Even against the Jets, Trent had a 14 play, 10 minute drive. And your telling me he had an Edwards type day. Please. Get off the pot.

Comment

• There is nothing I hate more than a QB Controversy. If it was cut and dry like it was with JOhnson/Flutie, we'd have something to talk about. Yes they should have killed them yesterday, but JP has to stay in against NE. They opened up the playbook in the 2nd half yesterday (they actually ran a screen to the RB!!!). I think JP gives them the best chance to win against the better teams in the league and the guys seemed to rally around JP yesterday during the comeback.

Thanks eaglez.fan

Comment

WHAT??!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 times in a row and not complete a pass until the 2 minute warning. Edwards has poise to stand in the pocket and hit the check down when nothing is deep. Lossman on the other hand, doesnt have naything deep, and does one of two thing

1. Still throws deep
              2. holds onto the ball like an idiot.

Trent sustains drives, something that Lossman has trouble doing. Even against the Jets, Trent had a 14 play, 10 minute drive. And your telling me he had an Edwards type day. Please. Get off the pot.
              just one?

but yeah if Gaines doesnt drop that SURE td, then a lot of Trent Lovers wouldnt complain so much

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco31fb View Post
                There is nothing I hate more than a QB Controversy. If it was cut and dry like it was with JOhnson/Flutie, we'd have something to talk about. Yes they should have killed them yesterday, but JP has to stay in against NE. They opened up the playbook in the 2nd half yesterday (they actually ran a screen to the RB!!!). I think JP gives them the best chance to win against the better teams in the league and the guys seemed to rally around JP yesterday during the comeback.
                You guys dont understand how pathetic it really sounds to hear how they guys rallied around JP Lossman to beat the Dolphins. I think Trent gives us the best chance to win, no doubt. He makes throws to keep the ball moving, and really works the clock well. Alot better than Lossman does. Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 straight times, then throw a pick on this next posession. I am all for getting JP Lossman out of Buffalo.

BTW, Is no one else seeing how bad JP is? No one is seeing how he locks on to Lee Evans? I mean I could say locks on to WR, but its just Lee who he locks on to. No one is seeing this. Oh man, any day I would take Trent over JP, any day of the week. You guys cant give me 3 good reason why you should take JP Lossman over Trent. And the guys playing harder for JP is not true. Case and point is the Dallas game.

Comment

You guys dont understand how pathetic it really sounds to hear how they guys rallied around JP Lossman to beat the Dolphins. I think Trent gives us the best chance to win, no doubt. He makes throws to keep the ball moving, and really works the clock well. Alot better than Lossman does. Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 straight times, then throw a pick on this next posession. I am all for getting JP Lossman out of Buffalo.

BTW, Is no one else seeing how bad JP is? No one is seeing how he locks on to Lee Evans? I mean I could say locks on to WR, but its just Lee who he locks on to. No one is seeing this. Oh man, any day I would take Trent over JP, any day of the week. You guys cant give me 3 good reason why you should take JP Lossman over Trent. And the guys playing harder for JP is not true. Case and point is the Dallas game.
                  I don't think either QB is good. Trent looks "amazing" because he is a rookie. We're 5-4, one game out of the Wild Card, and you want to put the season in the hands of a rookie, who blew the Dallas game and almost the Baltimore game, btw. They both have negatives, yes JP locks onto Lee Evans, but he has still played well enough to stay the starter. If we had lost yesterday, or were 3-6, I'd say go with Edwards.

Thanks eaglez.fan

Comment

• Hey guys, how big was the ST yesterday

Moorman's punt to the 1 and expert downing by those two guys (Wendling might've kept it out of the endzone, I can't remember) leading to our first points. Lindell's money FG. Parrish's great return that setup the game winning FG. Scary moment with Ginn's called back return, but that all worked out. We killed them in starting field position.

Losman = super clutch!!!!!! WOOOOO greatest everrrrrrrrr

Comment

I don't think either QB is good. Trent looks "amazing" because he is a rookie. We're 5-4, one game out of the Wild Card, and you want to put the season in the hands of a rookie, who blew the Dallas game and almost the Baltimore game, btw. They both have negatives, yes JP locks onto Lee Evans, but he has still played well enough to stay the starter. If we had lost yesterday, or were 3-6, I'd say go with Edwards.
                      Edwards pretty much blew the Dallas game....
                      how many offensive TD's did we score?
                      how many turnovers did the defense get for us?
                      how great was the field position for Edwards?

Comment

i agree honestly neither is good enough for the long term and until the bills realize this they will not turn the corner and become a true contender in this league

Comment

I could not disagree more. Trent looks amazing because he sustains drives. Trent stands in the pocket with poise and hits the check down. Trent throws a good ball and avoids rolling out, yet minimizes sacks. Trent doesnt take many risks and in Buffalo's situation that is good.

JP stands in the pocket for a long time. Doesn't hit the check down. He locks on to one WR. He does throw a good deep ball, and has some good accuracy throwing the deep ball.

I do not want to see JP Lossman start this week. Everyone is making a huge case about not doing anything about Dallas. Trent was in his 2nd start on primetime tv, against the "then #3 team" in the league. It was a good front 7 they were playing, and they were blitzing Trent all day. Did Trent really make many bad plays? Other than the INT he threw? Get off his case. He dam near won the game. And I can guarantee you that JP would have thrown at least 2 INT's in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            i agree honestly neither is good enough for the long term and until the bills realize this they will not turn the corner and become a true contender in this league
                            Let me help you out. JP Lossman is not the long term future. Trent Edwards is. Trent is probably one of the best fundemantally QB in the draft last year, if not THE best. He has all the tools to be good. I see Trent Edwards being used as a Ben Roethlisberger. Under 20 passes thrown a game, but he completes many of the passes, and doesnt turn the ball over. Trent is the future of this team, and will do many great things.

Comment

• Billingsley - STOP making claims/"guarantees" you can't back up and overrating Trent as he is right now.

BufFan - stop going overboard in your argument for JP.

619 - How can you possibly say, at this point, that Trent can't be the QB of the future for this team?

Comment

Let me help you out. JP Lossman is not the long term future. Trent Edwards is. Trent is probably one of the best fundemantally QB in the draft last year, if not THE best. He has all the tools to be good. I see Trent Edwards being used as a Ben Roethlisberger. Under 20 passes thrown a game, but he completes many of the passes, and doesnt turn the ball over. Trent is the future of this team, and will do many great things.
                                then why was he drafted in the 3rd round?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information