Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Bills Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
    then why was he drafted in the 3rd round?
    College production, injuries at college. Those are the two biggest. He had 2 major injuries that I can remember off hand that cuased him to lose most of 2 years. Not to mention he was sacked ALOT, and had almost not help around him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Billingsley - STOP making claims/"guarantees" you can't back up and overrating Trent as he is right now.

      BufFan - stop going overboard in your argument for JP.

      619 - How can you possibly say, at this point, that Trent can't be the QB of the future for this team?
      How am I making claims that cant be backed up? I along with many others have thought that Trent has poise in the pocket. And isnt this shown by the lack of errant throws he makes? Belief and Fact. Trent does sustain long drives. Check Trent's drives while he started and compare them to that of JP's, and then tell me that is jibberish, because Trent moves the ball and keeps drives alive. Belief and Fact. Trent doesnt take many risks. Tell me does then! 75% of the time, Trent hits the checkdown, because he doesnt see anything open down the field, thus not taking any risks down the field. Belief and Fact.

      Tell me how I am not backing things up, or did you need that to help you?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        How am I making claims that cant be backed up? I along with many others have thought that Trent has poise in the pocket. And isnt this shown by the lack of errant throws he makes? Belief and Fact. Trent does sustain long drives. Check Trent's drives while he started and compare them to that of JP's, and then tell me that is jibberish, because Trent moves the ball and keeps drives alive. Belief and Fact. Trent doesnt take many risks. Tell me does then! 75% of the time, Trent hits the checkdown, because he doesnt see anything open down the field, thus not taking any risks down the field. Belief and Fact.

        Tell me how I am not backing things up, or did you need that to help you?
        i was a huge edwards supporter up until the Jets game where he got hurt, and they put losman in

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
          Let me help you out. JP Lossman is not the long term future. Trent Edwards is. Trent is probably one of the best fundemantally QB in the draft last year, if not THE best. He has all the tools to be good. I see Trent Edwards being used as a Ben Roethlisberger. Under 20 passes thrown a game, but he completes many of the passes, and doesnt turn the ball over. Trent is the future of this team, and will do many great things.
          Lets say that Edwards throws 20 passes in a game. His current completion percentage is 66.7%. His average average is 6.5 yards. So, in a standard game, he'll complete 13 passes x 6.5 yards = 84.5 yards.



          On average, he'll throw 84.5 yards a game with 1 interception and .2 touchdowns (remember, this is average).


          Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
            How am I making claims that cant be backed up? I along with many others have thought that Trent has poise in the pocket. And isnt this shown by the lack of errant throws he makes? Belief and Fact. Trent does sustain long drives. Check Trent's drives while he started and compare them to that of JP's, and then tell me that is jibberish, because Trent moves the ball and keeps drives alive. Belief and Fact. Trent doesnt take many risks. Tell me does then! 75% of the time, Trent hits the checkdown, because he doesnt see anything open down the field, thus not taking any risks down the field. Belief and Fact.

            Tell me how I am not backing things up, or did you need that to help you?
            I'm talking about when you say "Losman would not have beaten the Jets" or "Losman would have had more INT against Dallas".

            I know what there is to know about both of these quarterbacks, don't worry about that.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
              Lets say that Edwards throws 20 passes in a game. His current completion percentage is 66.7%. His average average is 6.5 yards. So, in a standard game, he'll complete 13 passes x 6.5 yards = 84.5 yards.



              On average, he'll throw 84.5 yards a game with 1 interception and .2 touchdowns (remember, this is average).
              6.5 is his yards per attempt. So it'd be 6.5 by the 20, which is like 130.

              I doubt he'd have under 20 attemtps a game, anyway
              Last edited by SuperMcGee; 11-12-2007, 09:56 PM.

              Comment


              • well still, 130 yards is not going to get wins on a consistent basis.


                Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                  well still, 130 yards is not going to get wins on a consistent basis.
                  No it would not. Of course there is no reason to expect only 20 attempts a game anyway.

                  Comment


                  • ^I'm just going off of what Billingsley said. I never said that he would throw 20 passes a game.


                    Originally Posted by scottyboy
                    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                      I could not disagree more. Trent looks amazing because he sustains drives. Trent stands in the pocket with poise and hits the check down. Trent throws a good ball and avoids rolling out, yet minimizes sacks. Trent doesnt take many risks and in Buffalo's situation that is good.

                      JP stands in the pocket for a long time. Doesn't hit the check down. He locks on to one WR. He does throw a good deep ball, and has some good accuracy throwing the deep ball.

                      I do not want to see JP Lossman start this week. Everyone is making a huge case about not doing anything about Dallas. Trent was in his 2nd start on primetime tv, against the "then #3 team" in the league. It was a good front 7 they were playing, and they were blitzing Trent all day. Did Trent really make many bad plays? Other than the INT he threw? Get off his case. He dam near won the game. And I can guarantee you that JP would have thrown at least 2 INT's in that game.
                      See this is what pisses me off. Because Trent ALMOST won the Dallas game, he's supposed to be the next Jim Kelly. He didn't ALMOST win the game, he HAD the game, and he threw it away. The Defense ALMOST won that game, but the offense couldn't get anything going.

                      Yes I know it was against a top defense, but you can either take a QB who will try and win the game (JP) or take a QB who will try not to lose the game (Trent). Personally, I want the guy who will try and win the game, not make the short passes because he's not supposed to take a shot down the field.

                      Thanks eaglez.fan

                      Comment


                      • Massaquoi and Cieslak, I'll take it. Doesn't equate to 1/10 of what schouman gave us, but I liked them both.

                        Also, up to 12 on the IR counter!

                        Comment


                        • Lynch might not play Sunday!

                          http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5558

                          Lynch Status For Sunday Night In Question
                          by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 11/14/2007 2:50 PM ET



                          There's a chance the catalyst for Buffalo's offense won't be available for the Bills' biggest game of the season. Marshawn Lynch did not practice with his Bills teammates Wednesday morning putting his status for Sunday night's game against the undefeated New England Patriots in question.

                          "He's very sore," said head coach Dick Jauron. "We're not optimistic."

                          Lynch is still recovering from an ankle injury suffered late in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's game against Miami. On Monday head coach Dick Jauron stated that Lynch felt he would be able to play Sunday night. But on Wednesday when asked if it could be more than a one week injury Jauron responded in the affirmative.

                          "Yes," said Jauron. "But players heal at different rates and he's a little bit different. We'll just see how he comes through the week and if we have to turn to our other backs we will. We feel good about all of them."

                          Buffalo's offense, which has scored more than one offensive touchdown just twice in nine games would sorely miss their featured back, especially when facing the league's highest scoring offense in New England.

                          For the most part Lynch has been Buffalo's offense this season accounting for 36 percent of the team's total yardage and has had a hand in seven of the team's 10 offensive touchdowns this season, scoring six on the ground with one passing touchdown to Robert Royal.

                          Fellow rookie Dwayne Wright has seen the most work on the ground for the Bills behind Lynch, logging 25 carries this season for 76 yards.

                          Currently the league's fifth-leading rusher, Lynch has gained a lot of respect not only in his own locker room, but around the league as well.

                          "I think Lynch is a terrific back," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. "I had a very high regard for him coming out in the draft. He's been everything and more. If you need tough yards he's got the balance and vision to find a crack there and get what's there and maybe get another yard or two on his own. I thought the run he had for the two-point conversion (last week) was a great run. He's as dangerous as any player we've faced at that position because he can hurt you in so many different ways."

                          Whether the Patriots have to worry about all that Lynch brings to the field on game day come Sunday night remains to be seen.


                          Originally Posted by scottyboy
                          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                          Comment


                          • also, we only have 4 cornerbacks on the roster now. That's not good. What happens if one goes down during the game? We'll have 3, so will Wendling, Leonhard, or Scott move to CB?


                            Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                            Comment


                            • Coach Dick Jauron indicated Monday that Marshawn Lynch's ankle injury is more severe than the typical sprain and could force him out multiple weeks.

                              Buffalo is prepared to go with Anthony Thomas as its starter and Dwayne Wright as his oft-used backup. Wright might be the favorite for goal-line carries, while Thomas would get the majority of the touches. Fred Jackson could also be used sparingly. After New England, the Bills face Jacksonville and Washington, it won't be an easy road for a makeshift ground game.

                              Totally totally totally totally lame.

                              Our only chance is Fred Jackson ;)

                              But seriously this blows. Hard.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                                also, we only have 4 cornerbacks on the roster now. That's not good. What happens if one goes down during the game? We'll have 3, so will Wendling, Leonhard, or Scott move to CB?
                                We're fine with 9 DB. Leonhard is adept to extra defensive back sets. Either he took over at safety and Donte covered the nickel role or he just took over himself. Either way I think he was always next for that package after Kiwaukee.

                                Not sure if it's comforting having Butler and a 5'8 safety in against the Pats weapons, but we have enough guys there.

                                Is Fox still on the PS?
                                How healthy is Youboty?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information