This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    I amso happy to see how well the Bills played. Big news: Jason Peters will be playing next week!!!
    Good, Kirk needs a solid backup :D

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Good, Kirk needs a solid backup :D
      haha........I'm pretty sure Peters will indeed be backing him up this week. Come week 3 tho, the beast is back.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Marcus Stroud is going to wreck the Jaguars interior O-line. I don't think it's fair.

And I looked at our schedule if we win this Jaguars game, we could start off pretty hot.

Because our next three games are against the Raiders and Rams who looked horrible in Week 1 and are expected to be bad all season and then we travel to Arizona which could be a tough game but I like our chances.

We'd then have a BYE to study up on the Chargers.

This is the first time in a long time where I feel confident going into every game. We just need to stay healthy.

Comment

• the NFL reviewed Marcus Strouds stats..
          on the season he has 6 tackles 2sacks a 2pdf

instead of 1.5sacks

Comment

• Realistically, the bills could start 5-0. But I would like to see 4-1, go into the by with alot of confidence study up and face the chargers..then that woulc determine alot as to where the bills could be going. (future and now wise)
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              Realistically, the bills could start 5-0. But I would like to see 4-1, go into the by with alot of confidence study up and face the chargers..then that woulc determine alot as to where the bills could be going. (future and now wise)
              Yeah our schedule starts out nicely. Personally I think a schedule's importance is WAY overrated, however, in the case of having a young QB and a new offense, it is beneficial to have tougher games late in the year.

Comment

• Why is your name Wide Right?

BTW, I would love to start off 4-1 or 5-0. We always start off slow and turn it on towards the end of the season. I am so pumped.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                  Why is your name Wide Right?

BTW, I would love to start off 4-1 or 5-0. We always start off slow and turn it on towards the end of the season. I am so pumped.
                  because Wide Right is probably the biggest piece of history in Bills folklore, good or bad

Comment

• Did you guys see this article?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...s-stroud_N.htm

Stroud's Homecoming party!

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Marcus Stroud wants you to believe going back to Jacksonville Sunday doesn't mean a thing to him.
                    "Just another game," he says.

But he's returning to the scene of his prime, where he made the Pro Bowl as a run-stuffing defensive tackle three times. The Buffalo Bills got him by trade in March — for a pair of draft picks — while he was recovering from ankle surgery.

PHOTOS: The week in the NFL

So does Stroud really feel nothing about going back.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Georgia | Pro Bowl | Jacksonville | Buffalo Bills | Seattle Seahawks | Jaguars | Pat Williams | Ted Washington | Chris Kelsay | Stroud | Cornelius Bennett
                    "Well, you know, it is what it is," he says. "That's the business aspect of it. I get to go back home and play against some of my old guys, go have a great time."

His smile suggests this is clearly more than just another game.

"No," he says, still smiling. "My incentive is just being healthy and going out there and playing like I know I can play. I'm trying to get back to my level and do stuff that makes me happy."

He looked over-the-moon happy as the Bills beat the Seattle Seahawks 34-10 in Week 1, continually exhorting a sell-out crowd.

The stat sheet accorded Stroud six tackles, two tipped passes and he was originally credited with a half-sack, before having the stat was officially changed to two.

"I was like a kid out there," he says. "That's how I play the game. I like to have fun, like to get the fans into it. I feed off their energy and I try to pass my energy off to the rest of the guys."

What the stats didn't show was the way his massive frame — 6-6, 310 pounds — opened up avenues for other defenders. Sometimes he played end, sometimes standing up like a linebacker. And he played with joy, raising his arms and calling for ever more noise.

"The Buffalo crowd was great, man," he says. "I was able to feed off them. That's a wild bunch, more like a college crowd than a pro crowd. It reminds me of being back at Georgia. I love it."

The Bills have not had a dominating man in the middle since the days of Pat Williams and Ted Washington. Stroud, 30, appeared fully recovered from his ankle surgery, running down backs with an agility belying his size.

"He's not a big fat guy who usually takes plays off," defensive end Chris Kelsay says. "He plays hard. He runs to the ball. He even does it in practice."

Safety Donte Whitner says he noticed that ferocity the first day of training camp.

"Maybe when we made the trade, people thought, 'Oh, he's washed up,' " Whitner says. "Oh, no, no, no, no. He's dominating out there."

Stroud says he can play better and, anyway, it was only one game. "It was rewarding, but it's early," he says. "I want to be a guy that is able to turn it on every week. I don't want to be that guy who has flashes."

Stroud has a chance to be Buffalo's best defender to come by trade since linebacker Cornelius Bennett in 1987. The enormity of that suggestion doesn't faze him.

"Well, I hope so, man," Stroud says. "I want to come up here and play well and be an impact player. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Next stop on that journey: Jacksonville. His teammates say pay no attention to his protestations.

"He might put up that front," Kelsay says, "but he's got a chip on his shoulder. And that's good for us."

Whitner thinks it will be very bad for the Jaguars.

"When they look at the film, they're going to be, 'Why did we ever let this guy go?' " Whitner says. "And that's what we want them to say. We know he has a lot of motivation. He's not going to confess to it but he does, because he feels like he was a franchise guy and they let him go.

"It's only natural. We're all human. So you know he wants to go in there and have a great game and dance around in front of the fans that he played in front of for so long. And he has every right to do that and I believe he will."

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• I am so amped for this game! Unfortunately I cant watch it, I cant go home from uni to enjoy the Sunday Ticket goodness because I have work at 5 tomorrow.....

Comment

• I read that Peters is expected to start tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          I read that Peters is expected to start tomorrow.
                          that seems to be the general feeling. I think its the right call personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            that seems to be the general feeling. I think its the right call personally.
                            Yeah, I agree. Lets get him in their ASAP.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• and he is starting.....lets show Jax how it's done

Comment

• so, did we look as good on that drive as the numbers suggest?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information