Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... that was a... weird typical Bills season. Highs and Lows, no where in between. All the games had me shaking my head and pissed off at some point because of Jauron or Edwards doing something ******* ********.

Well... here are some things I have to say about what I'd like to happen for us fans...

1. Fire Jauron
    We need a coach with some balls. I'm pretty sure Jauron has none and the only guy on the Bills staff I know has any is coach April. April needs another raise. He lost half his special teamers and still put out a great unit filled with first and second year players mostly.

Who do I want to be the new coach? Anyone who won't bring in a ******* Tampa-2, Cover-2 defense. I've had enough of this defensive scheme we are running. Dial up the blitz and get some pass rushers.

To throw an actual name out there, Schwartz is my favourite for the job. I'd actually prefer Spagnuolo but I don't think hes an option, he seems like an NFC guy to me, just a feeling.

2. Get a VP of Football Operations & a General Manager
    I have no idea who there is that I'd like the Bills to pick up, but I'd just rather see something other than a handful of guys in charge of it. It just seems stupid to do it this way. Its nice to actually be able to blame individuals for failure rather than have it slowly sink through the group and just slow up things.

3. Free agency & thoughts
    Get rid of Fowler and Preston. Sign someone who can play ball. We need someone with some POWER because the other 3 teams in the division all run a 3-4 with Wilfork and Jenkins holding the middle in NY and NE. The Dolphins will probably find someone solid there soon too. Apparently Matt Birk is a UFA, I know hes not a big man, but practicing against Pat Williams surely helped a bit... Of course Alex Mack is the one I really want though. That dude is MEAN out there and will definitely want a piece of Vince Wilfork.

The rest of the line I really don't have any gripes with. I know we were all hating Peters earlier and he didn't deserve that Pro-Bowl spot, but the guy IS a legit left tackle and has proven it. I'm not giving that away when there is no viable replacement for him. Not too big on the idea of never using the tight end and making them a sixth lineman like when Pennington was the right tackle.

The receivers, including tight ends... **** 'em. Not worth any investment at this point, there are other issues and theres some youth at TE already with Fine and Schouman, lets see where they end up.

Quarterback, I'm willing to ride with Edwards still, JP Losman is gone. Hadman isn't #2 as far as I am concerned. Bring a veteran in to be a backup. If Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich or Jeff Garcia want to come over and backup Edwards, or in the case of Garcia, try and beat him out in camp, I'd be happy.

Running back. LOCKUP ACTION JACKSON. Him and Marshawn are a hell of a combo and a great duo. Need them around long term. Both offer more than just a rushing threat with their hands and Action Jackson can return the ball as well if we are down a returner.

Cornerback is fine, Greer needs an extension if he doesn't have one already. I don't care if we're paying solid coin out to 3 of them, we play in a division that needs to stop the Pats and their spread. Reggie Corner might have made some plays in the Denver game but he got abused most of the time this season.

Safety, we need an upgrade at wherever Whitner isn't playing and we need to get Whitner healthy. He faded hard down the stretch after the first few weeks of the season. We've got a lot of marginally talented backups, but Taylor Mays would have me grinning for weeks. He is my dream pick. Not worth trading up for though IMO. Keep the other safeties on the roster, see who can earn it in Camp and bring something to the special teams.

Linebacker. Crowell is gone, Ellison should never have been starting this year. Hes a backup through and through. Theres no real guys worth targeting in FA yet unless we want to shuffle a bit in which case I'd gladly take Vilma.

Defensive Line. We need help here more than anything, more specifically in getting a pass rush from the left end spot. Kelsay is a backup. I know Everette Brown plays there in college, but he doesn't seem like he'll be able to stick there at 250 pounds in the pros. Julius Peppers is a dream scenario obviously and I don't see any scenario where he leaves Carolina. The draft is a more likely scenario here where we take a couple of ends and see who sticks around in camp. We've got Ellis already as a potential pass rusher. I'd take a shot on Will Davis from Illinois in round 3 and Kyle Moore from USC in round 5 as well. Clinton McDonalds from Memphis looks like a workout warrior based on reports too and I could see him as a 6th round option. I really wouldn't mind seeing us investing 3 picks on Ends even if not all of them stick around. At least identify a need like cornerback last year.

This team has a lot of pieces, very few stars and just needs someone to bring them together better than Jauron. Some star power wouldn't hurt though

Comment

• Am I the only one who would like to see Phil Savage brought in to be our GM? I thought he did a good job with personnel in Cleveland but poor coaching doomed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        Am I the only one who would like to see Phil Savage brought in to be our GM? I thought he did a good job with personnel in Cleveland but poor coaching doomed him.
        absolutely......he is a tremendous talent evaluator imo. I cant wait to see what happens with Juaron. My prediction is him getting another year.
        Last edited by Rob S; 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• My Offseason plan:

CSPAN

Cut
          Schonert
          Preston
          and
          Neill

!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• nevermind.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Just saw on the bottom of ESPN news that Juaron will be back for the 2009 season....

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• im in shock....
                hes been 7-9 each year..

hes 2-22 against teams that finish with a winning record....

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                  im in shock....
                  hes been 7-9 each year..

hes 2-22 against teams that finish with a winning record....
                  You shouldnt be shocked at all. This is Ralph Wilson all the way. He doesnt have a clue what he is doing, and Juaron is a cheap coach and Ralph is the cheapest owner in the league.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• ugh.....this blows. If he didnt sign that extension he would be out on his ass, but ralph is too cheap to bite the bullet and eat the contract.

Comment

• just think...maybe we could have shanny.....:(

Comment

• I am so bummed coming into the 09 season. Hopefully Turk will be gone. UGH, I am so pissed. This is the most pissed I am with the team in a very long time. We aren't going to win without a Coach damnit.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                          I am so bummed coming into the 09 season. Hopefully Turk will be gone. UGH, I am so pissed. This is the most pissed I am with the team in a very long time. We aren't going to win without a Coach damnit.
                          Ralph said that we will not be changing anything in the front office for next season.
                          I'm pretty sure that we'll still have Turk here.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                            Ralph said that we will not be changing anything in the front office for next season.
                            I'm pretty sure that we'll still have Turk here.
                            Ew. Nasty, Gross, Disgusting

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• looks like the 2009 season already ended today

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                                looks like the 2009 season already ended today
                                Seriously, they should just give us the Lombardi Trophy now. Riding 10 yard cushions and Lee Evans fades all the way to Miami!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information