Aaron Maybin #58
      Eric Wood #70
      Jairus Byrd #31
      Andy Levitre #67
      Shawn Nelson #89
      Nic Harris #49
      Cary Harris #47
      Ellis The Sex Lankster #46
      As team leader I declare this his official nickname.......any time his name is used, it must include his nickname or I will edit it to make it so :)
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        As team leader I declare this his official nickname.......any time his name is used, it must include his nickname or I will edit it to make it so :)
        I am 100% in support of this motion

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I think this was an absolutely terrible offseason for the Bills.

Pick up a malcontent WR for a year
          Lose a top 5 Left Tackle
          Let Nickle/#2 CB go
          --
          Pick up no one on defense
          Draft interior OL

The only thing we did that I liked was draft Shawn Nelson. I'll take him in the 4th over Pettigrew in the 1st. I wish we picked up Oher with #11 though. We'd be looking damn fine for the future with this:

Oher/Walker - Wood - Hangartner - Levitre - Walker/Oher

Thats 3 talented young linemen for the future. I really like the Wood pick, not going to lie about that. Hes going to be a beast I think. We really didn't improve this offseason though, the only place we improved was at tight-end and receiver, and the receiver will only be around for a year and could **** things up while hes around. We'll be 6-10 to 9-7 next year. We should do better in the division though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
            I think this was an absolutely terrible offseason for the Bills.

Lose a top 5 Left Tackle
            Let Nickle/#2 CB go
            --
            Draft interior OL

The only thing we did that I liked was draft Shawn Nelson. I'll take him in the 4th over Pettigrew in the 1st. I wish we picked up Oher with #11 though. We'd be looking damn fine for the future with this:

Thats 3 talented young linemen for the future. I really like the Wood pick, not going to lie about that. Hes going to be a beast I think. We really didn't improve this offseason though, the only place we improved was at tight-end and receiver, and the receiver will only be around for a year and could **** things up while hes around. We'll be 6-10 to 9-7 next year. We should do better in the division though.
            So you would have taken Oher-Wood-Levitre with 3 of our first 4? Thats a bit of overkill imo......we were in DESPERATE need of a pass rusher.

And we drafted "The Sex" so it was an auto epic win.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              I am 100% in support of this motion
              you should get him on a sig fisch

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi
                I think this was an absolutely terrible offseason for the Bills.

Lose a top 5 Left Tackle
                Let Nickle/#2 CB go
                --
                Draft interior OL

I take it you're not a Maybin fan. Not a mention of our top pick in there.
                I can't disagree with being upset that our only defensive signings were Pat Thomas and Drayton Florence, who pretty much blow. The #11 and #42 picks should help us, though neither is guaranteed to get a lot of time early on.

I don't see the Owens signing as a negative. I'll eat some crow if Edwards melts down, but he's a huge improvement and I love having him during this time that Hardy certainly won't be breaking out.

The Peters situation was difficult. We got young line help in return, but it really hurts us at a most important position.
                I was also on the Oher bandwagon at #11. I don't like having to rely on Walker-Butler/Chambers. I'm hoping for the best, they're big guys that have been solid contributors on our line, but these position changes have me worried.
                Last edited by SuperMcGee; 05-03-2009, 03:03 PM.

Comment

you should get him on a sig fisch
                  Maybe Rob, I promised to sport the Neill sig until he gets cut or even dies, so we'll see.

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                  I take it you're not a Maybin fan. Not a mention of our top pick in there.
                  I can't disagree with being upset that our only defensive signings were Pat Thomas and Drayton Florence, who pretty much blow. The #11 and #42 picks should help us, though neither is guaranteed to get a lot of time early on.

I don't see the Owens signing as a negative. I'll eat some crow if Edwards melts down, but he's a huge improvement and I love having him during this time that Hardy certainly won't be breaking out.

The Peters situation was difficult. We got young line help in return, but it really hurts us at a most important position.
                  I was also on the Oher bandwagon at #11. I don't like having to rely on Walker-Butler/Chambers. I'm hoping for the best, they're big guys that have been solid contributors on our line, but these position changes have me worried.
                  No matter how Owens shores up the offense, he's still a locker room distraction. And with team leaders such as Jabari being gone and the possibility of George Wilson being cut, I could see team chemistry being a problem.

I wouldn't say I was on the Oher bandwagon but most definitely I wouldn't be discontent with the pick at all. And Vox, you can't assume that the rest of the first day would've gone the same way, that's just stupid.

Comment

• Who is that black QB?

Comment

Maybe Rob, I promised to sport the Neill sig until he gets cut or even dies, so we'll see.

No matter how Owens shores up the offense, he's still a locker room distraction. And with team leaders such as Jabari being gone and the possibility of George Wilson being cut, I could see team chemistry being a problem.

I wouldn't say I was on the Oher bandwagon but most definitely I wouldn't be discontent with the pick at all. And Vox, you can't assume that the rest of the first day would've gone the same way, that's just stupid.
                      Well no kidding, I'm just saying if I could change one of the selections and pick someone else who was still available at the time I'd do Oher over Maybin every day of the week.

And yeah, I don't have much confidence in Maybin, I had him rated behind English, Orakpo and Everette Brown. Ideally, we would have traded down at that spot to 15 or something and picked up Larry English (Yeah, I had him as my highest rated End), Pettigrew or Oher at that spot where they'd be more palatable.

I'm really big on the Wood and Nelson picks though, of course. I had Wood rated as my top center and guard and thought Nelson would go in round two. The Nic Harris pick was nice too. Bobby April should be able to turn him into a Special Teams monster until he is capable of playing Linebacker even as a backup for us.

I didn't like the Byrd pick at all, way too early for us to be picking up a corner, and now that I've got the ability to use hindsight, we could have picked up some good nickel backs a lot later in the draft too. LeVitre was my 2nd guard on the board, so we cleaned up there and should have two new starters on day one out of him and Wood.

Cary Harris and Ellis "The Sex" Lankster seem like wasted picks to me. We've already got a bunch of bodies with experience in the defensive backfield who are pretty easy contracts to hold, we should have at gone after another player in the trenches with those picks. A.Q. Shipley or Jonathan Luigs would have been good pickups late, Lydon Murtha as well. Will Davis (DE Illinois) would have been a great pickup in the 6th as well if we were looking there with the pick.

Basically, not a fan of the Maybin, Byrd, Cary Harris or "The Sex"Lankster picks based on who was available. The Wood, LeVitre, Harris and Nelson picks were great though. Obviously I have different ideas as to what the Bills needed and who the BPA's were, but I'm not that impressed with our draft.
                      Last edited by Rob S; 05-03-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: The Sex must be included for all Ellis "the Sex" Lankster references

Comment

Who is that black QB?
                        Daniel Polk 6'1" 202 lb QB from Midwestern State

Comment

Imagine if "The Sex" can long snap.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            Daniel Polk 6'1" 202 lb QB from Midwestern State
                            Thanks Kevin, didn't see his name on any roster. I see he played WR, maybe our slash?

I'm intrigued by the signing of Gerald Washington, DE, formerly of USC. 6'7'', 318, ex-TE. He's 27 though, but I'll be looking forward to seeing what he can offer

Comment

Imagine if "The Sex" can long snap.
                              That would totally be "The Sex". Greatness

Comment

Thanks Kevin, didn't see his name on any roster. I see he played WR, maybe our slash?

I'm intrigued by the signing of Gerald Washington, DE, formerly of USC. 6'7'', 318, ex-TE. He's 27 though, but I'll be looking forward to seeing what he can offer
                                He was on the list of 30 tryout players. He's the only black QB so it's him by default

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information