Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to draft someone who can cover a tight end.

Comment

• I'd rather draft someone who can stop the run.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbills View Post
        I'd rather draft someone who can stop the run.
        That needs to be done as well. I'm just sick of seeing marginally talented tight ends torch our OLBs

Comment

• Eric I hope you can walk again, I don't care if you never play again I just want you to walk. That was just b-a-d.

Comment

• Good game guys. TO showed up today. Too bad about all your injuries.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• so.... does our Strength and Conditioning coach get fired this weekend?

these past few years have been terrible, as far as injuries..

at least the offense looked like a real offense, even with that makeshift oline

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sxYA16Qfk

Comment

• Hopefully we find out the severity of Wood's injury real soon.
                  I read that he is having surgery down in Jacksonville right now.

His career could be in jeopardy here :( Here's to hoping the operation goes well.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Bills text

"OL Eric Wood has a fractured leg and will stay in JAX to have surgery."

Comment

• He has a fractured tibia and fibula

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• link? text?

Comment

• http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...aving-surgery/

Comment

• man, lossing sucks but this is just horrible.

Comment

• from a Dr on another fourm

From a medical standpoint, if that break is anywhere close to as serious as it looks, Wood's Tibula and Fibula might have to b shortened if they cannot be set. By the looks of the break, from an outside strike and by the fact that the shin bends at a near 90 degree angle, it may not be settable.
                              If they have to do that what is the down side? What if it isn't settable? etc. etc.

That depends competely on the break. If the bone breaks into a bunch of little shards at the break, then the will do surgery by going in and securing the bone together by a plate, screw, etc and removing the bone matter. But if the break is messy and we are talking about 1-2 inches of destroyed bone, then the Fibula/Tibula wil have to be fabricated so that they can be secured together. There is way too many variables though to say anything. One thing I do know though, that a bad leg break is one of the most serious things you can have.
                              If the Fibula/Tibula have to be shortened, then walking will be hard, running harder, NFL football really hard. It would be like wearing one shoe.
                              What most people do when one leg is shortened is order special shoes that even them back out.
                              Wood is having surgery to re-set the bones. He’s expected back in Buffalo on Monday.

Well it doesn't sound too bad, not career threatening. That was a scary looking break though. When the bones break like that, they basically turn into a bunch of shanks inside the leg. They can cut flesh, arteries, and viens, which makes internal bleeding a serious concern. If he is going to be in Buffalo monday then that means they can just set it and cast his entire leg. Looks good for Eric Wood.

Comment

• Man, I really like Wood, he looked very good, hopefully he rebounds..

Btw, I think we're 6th overall now as far as the draft goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information