This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OTcoach View Post
    He could lay in there on 1st and 2nd downs for a year at least on the nose.

DL Williams Stroud Seymour

LB Mitchell Puz Ellison Maybin

Sec McGee Byrd Scott McKelvin
    Stroud (who should be released immediatly next year if he performes like he did this past season) would just get pushed out of the way, and we would give up 400 yards a game to the Jets in the 3-4, if he was the nose.
    Buffalo needs to keep the 4-3, the only 3-4 front seven personnel that make sense currently on the roster are Maybin at OLB (drafting him still pisses me off in that it made no sense), Posluszny at ILB, and Williams playing the undertackle/defensive end position, other than that maybe mitchell comes back and plays ILB, Ellison might (and thats a stretch) be able to fill the other OLB spot, Stroud would have to fill in at the other DE spot, meaning best case scenerio we need a nose tackle to come in right away, Stroud to hold up, Mitchell to come back health, Ellison to hold up, and every one to stay healthy and "get it" (the defense).
    Seymour is a pipe dream, the Raiders just gave up what a first round pick for him? If they let him go they would prove themselves to have the IQ of a slug, or dead man (Al Davis would apply).
    If we keep the 4-3 the holes on defense can be address easier than switching to the 3-4 and almost starting over from scratch, which would be a possibility if we did not essentially have to rebuild most of the offense as well.
    I would agree that Wilson should be starting next year, and throwing a couple back yesterday eased the pain a little...
    "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Poz51 View Post
      Stroud (who should be released immediatly next year if he performes like he did this past season) would just get pushed out of the way, and we would give up 400 yards a game to the Jets in the 3-4, if he was the nose.
      Buffalo needs to keep the 4-3, the only 3-4 front seven personnel that make sense currently on the roster are Maybin at OLB (drafting him still pisses me off in that it made no sense), Posluszny at ILB, and Williams playing the undertackle/defensive end position, other than that maybe mitchell comes back and plays ILB, Ellison might (and thats a stretch) be able to fill the other OLB spot, Stroud would have to fill in at the other DE spot, meaning best case scenerio we need a nose tackle to come in right away, Stroud to hold up, Mitchell to come back health, Ellison to hold up, and every one to stay healthy and "get it" (the defense).
      Seymour is a pipe dream, the Raiders just gave up what a first round pick for him? If they let him go they would prove themselves to have the IQ of a slug, or dead man (Al Davis would apply).
      If we keep the 4-3 the holes on defense can be address easier than switching to the 3-4 and almost starting over from scratch, which would be a possibility if we did not essentially have to rebuild most of the offense as well.
      I would agree that Wilson should be starting next year, and throwing a couple back yesterday eased the pain a little...

Yeah a bit of sarcasim in my 3-4 starting lineup. I think the real issue we have is that we really have 1 (maybe 2) starting caliber D lineman on our team. Regardless of 4-3 or 3-4 we have one guy Williams and no one else.

Our O-line is not good but we have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and maybe 1 OT. I think our biggest need has to be D-line. Edwards will be able to play in Gailey's offense because we'll run ala LJ and Priest Holmes. We need to draft or sign at least 2 Dlineman if not 3.

Comment

• I think (would hope) that we see Brad Butler as more valuable than Hangartner.

The right end will hopefully be at least a year of the old Aaron and the young Aaron.

Kelsay is bleh. Stroud I can live with, but neither are our long term answers. We can start trying to draft young guys as potential replacements, especially at DT, but I don't think we see big changes or high draft picks on the line this year. Then again, with new coaches I really have no idea. Best chance is that they realize that you can do much, much better than Kelsay.

I just want some linebackers.

And fisch, I thought it was pretty clear how Naaman leads directly to profit.

Comment

• What I'd like the O-Line to look like

Draft/FA/Bell/Meredith-Levitre-Wood-Incognito-Butler

Hangartner will back up the 3 IOL spots
          Bell, to bad he got hurt he needed the PT.
          Meredith I think can play LT if not then he is the future RT imo.

Comment

• I'm not giving such high expectations to Meredith. He looked alright, not all the time, as one of a bunch of replacements thrown at the wall. I like having him for depth, and who knows how good he'll be, but I'm not expecting much.
            I really wish we saw more of Butler before that bad injury. He looked good at RT in his short time there, and at 26, I don't want to think about replacing him.

Comment

• Butler is only 26? I thought he was like 28+. Meredith if nothing else should become a good back-up and he could play every spot but C. With the way we get hurt we need versatile back-ups.

Comment

• John Guy fired
                http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/inde...owtopic=106658

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach View Post
                  Yeah a bit of sarcasim in my 3-4 starting lineup. I think the real issue we have is that we really have 1 (maybe 2) starting caliber D lineman on our team. Regardless of 4-3 or 3-4 we have one guy Williams and no one else.

Our O-line is not good but we have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and maybe 1 OT. I think our biggest need has to be D-line. Edwards will be able to play in Gailey's offense because we'll run ala LJ and Priest Holmes. We need to draft or sign at least 2 Dlineman if not 3.
                  I hear you on the sarcasm...
                  I hope Schobel does not retire, that would give us two quality dline men, schobel and williams, I would love to find a new home for Maybin, and Lynch, possibly Whitner or Wilson who'm ever gets some value back, hell I'd package Maybin, Whitner and Lynch for a first, might even settle for a high second, any takers?? I would agree on the upgrade needed on the defensive line, althoguh I thought Kelsey had one of his best years (which isnt saying much), and maybe a run stuffing DT would go a long way in itsefl. I would agree that Wood, Levitre and Hangartner is a good interior oline, but we certainly need a LT, I can live with Meredith and Bultler at RT. As for Edwards I think he can be shipped off as well, he has not been the same since being knocked sensless by Adrian Wilson. We need alot of help, and this draft would be a good one to sacrifice a little from next years to build with depending on how things fall.
                  Firing John Guy is one more step in the right direction.
                  Anyone else wondering why Marty (I know he was not a R. Wilson favorite)and Brian B. were not interviewed? And am I the only one who doesnt understand why we couldnt wait to interview/talk to Frazier?

Deion Sanders

Comment

• No reason to get rid of Wilson, he should start for us. We just need to sign him first. Maybin is also not going anywhere.

Edwards has to be gone. New guy - Fitzy - Brohm or whoever else you want as a 3rd (Drew Willy!)

Comment

• I want a QB in the draft..........Ryan Fitzpatrick is so clearly not the answer. If not a QB, we need OT. The only excuse for not taking a QB would be not wanting to expose him ala David Carr behind our ****** OL.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                        No reason to get rid of Wilson, he should start for us. We just need to sign him first.
                        Agreed We would be paying alot for two SS's, to move Whitner or not to move Whitner...

Maybin is also not going anywhere.
                        Uhh... I know, if we move to the 3-4 then maybe there is a chance, if we stay 4-3, the vomit taste in my mouth is gaining strength...

Edwards has to be gone. New guy - Fitzy - Brohm or whoever else you want as a 3rd (Drew Willy!)
                        Amen
                        Personnally if Clausen is gone, I would not touch one of the other QB's in this draft until the 4th round... I would prefer to build the team so that a qb can come in and have a chance...
                        Locker or Mallatt next year? Who's with me?

Deion Sanders

Comment

• I hate Mallatt, a lot. I like Locker tho. I want Clausen or an OT in rd.1.....anything else is totally unacceptable imo unless there is a huge freefall by someone.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            I hate Mallatt, a lot. I like Locker tho. I want Clausen or an OT in rd.1.....anything else is totally unacceptable imo unless there is a huge freefall by someone.
                            Mallett grew on me a little at the end of the season, I will be interested to see if Locker can continue to develop next year, if he does as I believe he will I think he will be the best overall qb to come into the draft in two years. I agree with Clausen or an LT in round one, Clausen needs work, and is not the most athletic qb around, nor do I feel as good of a prospect as Stafford or Ryan who have come out in recent years, but is hands down the best available option this year for my money. Unless McCoy falls or McClain presents the best value I am with you that everything else is unacceptable...
                            Why so much hate for Mallett? Desides the over throws...

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Bills hire Giff Smith as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.

Comment

• http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/inde...owtopic=107087
                                Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb
                                I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information