This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redbills View Post
    Bills hire Giff Smith as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.
    Awwww ***. Noooooo

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• [QUOTE=redbills;1990705]Bills hire Giff Smith as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that??
      Georgia Tech ran a 4-2-4-1 "Wolf" defense if I remember correctly, with the extra "1" being a safety/corner hybrid, similar to the role Whitner played this year at times... Smith was a defensive line coach with 4 down lineman...
      "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• We have safeties which the Eagles could use, but McNabb being 34, oft injured, and playing behind the Bills offensive line is not an ideal situation. What would the trade look like? If it involves anything higher than a 3rd or more likely 4th round pick, I would vomit... Whitner straight up?? Whitner is only 24 years old, and still has plenty of career ahead of him... Do we have the personel to fit a west coast offense, or is McNabb gonna learn a whole new offense after 12 or so years in the west coast offense? I would do it if it did not involve any real significant value, which I am sure the eagles would look for in return... McNabb to the Vikings if Farve "retires" makes more sense... As does McNabb to the Browns, or Panthers even...
        Last edited by Poz51; 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM.

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Uniforms...

Am I the only one who thinks the current uni's suck horribly, and the team should adopt the vintage ones full time, or move in another direction?

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Poz51 View Post

What makes you say that??
            Georgia Tech ran a 4-2-4-1 "Wolf" defense if I remember correctly, with the extra "1" being a safety/corner hybrid, similar to the role Whitner played this year at times... Smith was a defensive line coach with 4 down lineman...
            Why have a OLB coach instead of a LB coach? Some teams that run 3-4 have OLB & ILB coach. I don't think any team that runs a 4-3 have both they just have a LB coach.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the current uni's suck horribly, and the team should adopt the vintage ones full time, or move in another direction?
              On madden I just use the throwback helment (standing buffalo) and have the current blue pants and jersey, they look slick.

Comment

• Vic Fangio DC?
                http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010...egun#storyjump

It is speculation but hey makes some sense.

Dat Nguyen to Bills?
                http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

ILB coach?

Reports out of Dallas say Cowboys assistant linebackers coach Dat Nguyen is leaving Wade Phillips' staff. Nguyen played under Bills coach Chan Gailey when Gailey was head coach of the Cowboys in 1999. He has been on the Cowboys' staff since 2007. He had a good relationship with Gailey, and is a prospect to join the Bills' defensive staff.
                Last edited by redbills; 01-27-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...12-e28749931a34

Curtis Modkins has been hired as the team’s offensive coordinator/running backs coach, Bob Bicknell as tight ends coach, Joe D’Alessandris as offensive line coach, Kevin Patullo as offensive quality control and Giff Smith as defensive assistant.

Gailey also elected to keep two of the most veteran assistants from the Bills previous coaching staff as George Catavolos will remain as secondary coach and Bob Sanders will also continue to serve on the defensive side of the ball.
                  CURTIS MODKINS (offensive coordinator/running backs coach)
                  http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/curtis_modkins/

JOE D'ALESSANDRIS (offensive line coach)
                  http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:eN4jKA...=clnk&gl=us

BOB BICKNELL (tight ends coach)
                  http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/bob_bicknell/

KEVIN PATULLO (offensive quality control)
                  http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/kevin_patullo/

Giff Smith (defensive assistant)
                  http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...ith_giff00.html
                  Last edited by redbills; 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Personnally if Clausen is gone, I would not touch one of the other QB's in this draft until the 4th round... I would prefer to build the team so that a qb can come in and have a chance...
                    Locker or Mallatt next year? Who's with me?
                    I'm leaning towards this feeling as well. If we don't invest in some OTs then it won't matter who we take, they'll be David Carr 2.0

Comment

• So i might have a job with the buffalos Bills soon, and to be completely honest i do not know too much about the bills. So i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the Bills. What are the their draft needs, Philosophy, best players, and random information. Thanks again guys.

Comment

• At the moment we need...

-Quarterback - Buddy Nix said that you need a strong-armed QB in Buffalo's climate. You need to be able to make all the throws downfield. Obviously, Edwards and Fitzpatrick can't do that, and Brohm has only started one game.

- Left Tackle - The Bills started out with Demetrius Bell at LT; someone whose only been in football for a few years. He's very raw, but showed flashes of being a good player, but also had many mental lapses with his constant false starts, holdings, etc. We need to bring in another player here because we cannot rely on an inexperienced player to man the most important position on the line.

-Offensive-Line depth - Eric Wood had that horrific leg injury but looked very promising prior to that. I have read mixed reports that he will/will not be able to return to his pre-injury form. Others argue that Geoff Hangartner is just a stop gap at center, but it's hard to tell. He looked good in some games and looked pretty bad in others. We also signed players throughout the season to provide depth... Richie Incognito, Kendall Simmons, Kirk Chambers, etc.

Wide Receiver - Once Owens leaves we're back in the same hole we were a few years ago - no legitimate threat opposite of Evans. This leads back to Evans being double-covered and thus taking him out of the game. His main threat is his speed but with a noodle-armed QB this really takes his best ability out of play.

Defense:

I have absolutely no idea if we're switching to a 3-4 or sticking with the 4-3.
                        Since we recently hired Giff Smith to be our OLB coach, many are assuming this means that we are switching to a 3-4. I know that if we do indeed stick with a 4-3, though, there are a couple holes we need to fix...

-Defensive Tackle - Marcus Stroud is aging and his play is declining. The run-defense was absolutely atrocious this past season and needs to be fixed if this team wants to get anywhere. There's really not much else to say here besides that we need a big run-stuffer in the middle.

-Outside Linebacker - Keith Ellison should not be a starter in the NFL at this point in time. His play is just flat-out terrible. We need someone in here who can bring this D to the next level.

At the moment, our best players IMO are...
                        -Jairus Byrd
                        -Fred Jackson
                        -Terrence McGee
                        -Aaron Schobel (who is contemplating retirement)
                        -Brian Moorman
                        -Lee Evans

Hope this helps out. Sorry if it's not as detailed as you wanted but I need to get some sleep.
                        PM or just ask any more questions.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• i was told that QB is going to be the way you guys are looking for the draft. but you did not hear that from me ;)

Comment

• So is the word TO is gone from Buffalo or is there a shot her returns?

Comment

• gone, they are going to look through the draft cause they want to get younger. what i got from it was rebuilding without saying the word "rebuilding"

Comment

• What do you all think of my new mock?

Check signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information