X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    Damnit, I loved Wendling
    Amen brother, Jenkins was a great special teamer as well...
    "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
      So I'm making up a mock draft and I'm kind of stuck with the Bills for some reason, lol.

Players gone...
      Suh, McCoy, Haden, JPP, Clausen, McClain, Okung, Berry.
      we should go with Oline since you need to start in the trenches and move outwards
      That says it all,
      1 - Davis (not a reach)
      2 - Williams (a little reach)

Thanks but no...
      Bryan Bulaga (Reach with Davis still on board, fits the need)
      Sam Bradford (Arm strength alone should eliminate him from consideration, injury history too, with LT protecting him)
      Dez Bryant (Value is there without a doubt, but no LT protecting, no QB, equals a waste of talent, and leaves too many priorities)
      Brandon Graham (Talented, would endear himself to the fans, but first things first)

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by redbills View Post
        Bradford, you think he has a arm that can make throws at RWS in Nov.?
        No, he has a quick release and is intelligent, but him putting the ball up in the air with the wind and weather in buffalo is asking for failure...

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Chances Schouman gets 800 yards next year?

I'm saying 2:1

Wendling is a STud. I know he doesn't fit into our safety plans, but he's a top special teams guy. Jenkins I always liked but is no big loss, even as a very good STer. Fine is a dime a dozen player.

Wendling seemed sweet. He was fast and tough. How does he not fit into our safety plans? The guy didn't even get on the field to get a fair assessment as a safety. I'm suprised we cut one of our only decent STer's at this time of the year.

Comment

• Would you like to give every 6th round pick real playing time? He's a safety like Justin Jenkins is a wide receiver. The guy was a special teamer on our team and that was it. A very, very good one, yes. But nothing else. He's been here for 3 years, in which time George Wilson changed positions and fought his way up the depth chart. Wendling hasn't made anything as a safety and we're pretty set at the position even if we don't bring back Scott.

Comment

Would you like to give every 6th round pick real playing time? He's a safety like Justin Jenkins is a wide receiver. The guy was a special teamer on our team and that was it. A very, very good one, yes. But nothing else. He's been here for 3 years, in which time George Wilson changed positions and fought his way up the depth chart. Wendling hasn't made anything as a safety and we're pretty set at the position even if we don't bring back Scott.

Exactly.
              It's time we stop reserving roster spots for soley special-teamers.
              Yes, we can have a few here and there, but Wendling and Jenkins did not contribute to this team in any way besides special teams.
              We need players here who are good at special teams, but can still contribute on either offense/defense.
              I'm pretty sure that Todd Johnson was ahead of Wendling on the depth chart, and that's after 3 years of Wendling being on this team.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Still, if there was a guy you were going to keep solely for special teams, it would be Wendling. I don't want him gone, and I'm very nervous about where our post-April special teams are heading.

Comment

Still, if there was a guy you were going to keep solely for special teams, it would be Wendling. I don't want him gone, and I'm very nervous about where our post-April special teams are heading.

Yeah, his and Jenkins' cuts were both surprising to me.
                  Like I said, there are a few players that you need to keep who are special teams aces.
                  I thought that Wendlind and Jenkins were those players for us.

Their physicals must have been pretty bad then.

I can't remember - were either of them on IR?

On a side note...

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Butler retires...fing great now a RT is a need.

Comment

• This is just the best team to follow. The best.

Comment

• If Schobel goes too, omg what a ****** offseason start.

Comment

• well, looks like a LT is a lock to draft now

Comment

• Meredith at RT now? Thought he played well when he did play.

Comment

• Hooray for being a Bills fan!
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                Hooray for being a Bills fan!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information