Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole franchise LT argument is way overrated. Just b/c we have the story of M. Oher and how every good team needs a 6'6" athletic blind side protector it is not really true. Every young LT who has started in his rookie year and has succeeded is because he's had a good G and Center to the right of him. When M. McNeil came to San Diego (2nd round) he had great interior linemates that allowed him to block 1 on 1 on the outside and look good. Same with Clady and Jake Long. D'Brick didn't look all that great until he got some work with a Pro Bowl LG and grew with his Center. All of a sudden he looks great.

New Orleans, Pittsburgh, NYG, Indy and New England do not have stud LT's on their superbowl teams.

I agree we could use a franchise QB but last time I checked none of these teams are putting their guys on the trading block and Sam Bradford is a younger version of Chad Pennington. Go WR!

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach View Post
      The whole franchise LT argument is way overrated. Just b/c we have the story of M. Oher and how every good team needs a 6'6" athletic blind side protector it is not really true. Every young LT who has started in his rookie year and has succeeded is because he's had a good G and Center to the right of him. When M. McNeil came to San Diego (2nd round) he had great interior linemates that allowed him to block 1 on 1 on the outside and look good. Same with Clady and Jake Long. D'Brick didn't look all that great until he got some work with a Pro Bowl LG and grew with his Center. All of a sudden he looks great.
      I could care less about the story behind Oher, havent seen the movie nor do I plan too, he still would have been a major upgrade over any of our tackles last season, and would have had more of an impact over maybin. Munoz, Pace, Ogden all succeded without G's or C's around them that I can think of. If LT's are over-rated why do teams constantly spend there top picks on them, and pay them so much money? I would agree that good players on the interior help, but if the interior players are so good wouldnt any LT do? Were the guards and centers of those (05 chargers, 07 phins and bronco's) teams difference makers who got those teams in the play-offs, or so good that the phins had the 2nd pick, broncos 12th, and chargers 18th of the draft? Were those guards and LT's not the issue with those teams not making the play-offs, and there for they drafted LT's with one of their top two picks, if not first? I would agree about D'Brick, but at the time every analyst I remember said it would take some time with him and that he would not step right in and be a pro-bowler.

New Orleans, Pittsburgh, NYG, Indy and New England do not have stud LT's on their superbowl teams.
      Touche with N.O., but again like I said "At the end of the day teams that win have at least a great QB, some get by with OL's, but most have both and we have neither..." They didnt have a stud LT this season, although Jamaal Brown was a pro-bowl LT in 2006, and injured this past season, but Brees at QB can mask deficiencies infront of him, the same as Manning can. Those teams mentioned did not have studs but they certainly had good players at LT. The Saints had Bushrod who was eaten alive by Freeney before Freeney couldnt play anymore, then Bushrod played against fellow backups, what is the saints offense capable of in the second half with Freeney eating up Bushrod? Pittsburgh in 05 and 08, had Marvel Smith who was a second round pick, made a pro bowl and won 2 super bowls before back injuries cut his career short, then had max starks who they felt was valuable enough to transition tag, despite not being studs they were better than Demitrius Bell, Charles Scott, Kirk Chambers are, and whomever else we had on the team last year, whom most teams never wanted in the first place... The 07 Giants had David Diehl who's started every game since being drafted, made a pro bowl, and earned all nfc honors. The 01, 03, and 04 patriots had Matt Light who has started since his rookie year, won 3 super bowl, gone to the pro-bowl, and made the all NFL rookie team as a second round pick. And the Colts won the 06 super bowl with Tarik Glenn who was a 3 time pro bowler, and first round pick, and a guy Manning heavily tried to influence to come back... They might not be studs but are pro bowl caliber players who contributed to the super bowl. Bell has always been considered raw, and in need of time, so far he's proven that he comit penalities, and get injured, maybe down the road he improves, maybe not, then we still need a LT, and are still picking in the top half of the draft for years. You might not need a stud, but competency goes a long way.

I agree we could use a franchise QB but last time I checked none of these teams are putting their guys on the trading block and Sam Bradford is a younger version of Chad Pennington.
      I agree we could use a franchise QB, but who said anything about trading? Or wanting Bradford? I said "I am in the group that thinks Edwards is not an ideal fit in Buffalo, and like Bradford to Buffalo am oppossed to anyone with less than above average arm strength being the QB in Buffalo". Pennington...

Go WR!
      Go WR! is the best rebuttle you have? What are you, a 4 year old girl? Are you gonna let me know the last WR drafted in say the first 15 picks or so who had a play-off making impact with in say three years? No let me guess, Peter Warrick?, David Terrel?, Rod Gardner?, Donte' Stallworth?, Charles Rodgers?, Mike Williams?, Calvin Johnson?, Roy Williams?, Andre Johnson?, Larry Fitzgerald?, Reggie Williams?, Lee Evans?, Troy Williamson?, Braylon Edwards? (Ok, he had an impact in 07...), or I know, Ted Ginn Jr... Oh, wait, Keyshown (Bill Parcell's/Curtis Martin who in 98?) Johnson baby!! Of coarse there are a couple acceptions but not nearly as many as there are counter examples that it does not work out. Torry Holt worked out well indeed, but he had Kurt Warner throwing him the ball, Pace blocking for Warner, and Bruce on the other side of the field, QB check, LT check... Warner (QB) might make the hall of fame, and Pace (LT) will, hmm...
      Trivia Time: How many reciever picked in the top 15 picks since 2000 have won a super bowl with the team that drafted them? Plaxico Burress? No, won with the Giants but left the Steelers the year before they won the super bowl. The answer is 1, yup one, Travis Taylor with the 2000 Ravens, and his impact was a whopping 28 receptions, 276 yards, and 3 touchdowns. If you think that team won with anything other than running the ball behind Ogden, Dilfer managing the game, and probably the best defense ever, than you are on crack.
      Dez Bryant is a great player and I would agree with anyone will be a great addition to any team, but what is the true impact he will have in buffalo?
      Last edited by Poz51; 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM.
      "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Dez Bryant is a great player and I would agree with anyone will be a great addition to any team, but what is the true impact he will have in buffalo?

He has speed, size and strength and would give us a play maker opposite Evans. We're definitely screwed now that J. Reed's not back;)
        He could also help us in the return game.

Yes, I am a 4 year old girl.

Comment

• To go off of Fisch's dream.. (kinda)...

Last night I had a dream that the Bills selected Terrence Cody at #9, then traded up to #24 to select a peanut butter and fluff sandwich :(

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach View Post
            He has speed, size and strength and would give us a play maker opposite Evans. We're definitely screwed now that J. Reed's not back;)
            He could also help us in the return game.

Yes, I am a 4 year old girl.
            Roger that... Losing Josh Reed certainly is a major blow that will hamper the organization for years to come ;)
            "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
              To go off of Fisch's dream.. (kinda)...

Last night I had a dream that the Bills selected Terrence Cody at #9, then traded up to #24 to select a peanut butter and fluff sandwich :(
              We then switched back to a 4-3, after seeing the fear in the offense's eyes knowing that a DT pairing of Mount Cody and a Peanut Butter and Fluff Sandwich would surely make them cower.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• hello everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  hello everyone
                  Hello sir........how are the wife and kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                    Hello sir........how are the wife and kids?
                    Probably moving to California.......without me. But that's a long story

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      Probably moving to California.......without me. But that's a long story
                      Sounds like it, ****. Can't take the snow in the DC Area or the flooding from the tears of Nationals fans. Who would've thought such natural disaster in our nation's capital?

Comment

• To make the long story short, chalk it up to another marriage killed by the military

Comment

• I heard we're tendering Keith Ellison.

I'm sure teams will be scrambling to sign him.

nice!

Comment

• Tendering Youboty? Bleh.

Not tendering Incognito.

Schou and Wilson here to stay. Ba-ba-boom!

Comment

• Why Didn't We Tender Inco???????????????????????????????????????? Dumb Dumb Dumb

Comment

• This is the 1st FA (Wade Smith) we bring in really?
                                http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...8-95568965e382

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information